Bernhardt Starboard

Discussion of microbrand watches
Ruggs
Name: Andrew

Bernhardt Starboard

Post by Ruggs » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:05 pm

First totally new design from Fred’s kids that took over his business after he died. I don’t think I’m in for one but I don’t hate it.

https://www.bernhardtwatch.com/products ... oming-soon

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Re: Bernhardt Starboard

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:19 pm

Nice offering. Make that day/night display into an independent GMT display and score design points.
The Hapa

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 pm

His kids didn’t design this. My friend Mike did. Been working on it for a bit, changed suppliers and manufacturers. He is intent in helping keep the brand alive. This is gonna be a good start. Love this watch.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Ruggs

Post by Ruggs » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:His kids didn’t design this. My friend Mike did. Been working on it for a bit, changed suppliers and manufacturers. He is intent in helping keep the brand alive. This is gonna be a good start. Love this watch.
Cool, good to know! I had heard his kids took over the brand.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm

Ruggs wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:21 pm
Jeep99dad wrote:His kids didn’t design this. My friend Mike did. Been working on it for a bit, changed suppliers and manufacturers. He is intent in helping keep the brand alive. This is gonna be a good start. Love this watch.
He told me he was integrating them a while before his passing because he was hoping to slow down.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Bernhardt Starboard

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 pm

Ruggs wrote:
They needed help and changes were needed. Mike was there supporting them and is pretty much handling it all now
Last edited by Jeep99dad on Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 pm
Ruggs wrote:
His kid didn’t want to do anything with it initially at least and was gonna leave it to die. feds wife is older and was not able to take the helm. Changes were needed and she was resistant at first. Not an easy task.
I’ll have to ask if his son are back working on the brand. But Mike is pretty my handling it all now
Mike who? They really did need to have a new set of eyes to take the brand in a different direction.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Bernhardt Starboard

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Ruggs wrote:
His kid didn’t want to do anything with it initially at least and was gonna leave it to die. feds wife is older and was not able to take the helm. Changes were needed and she was resistant at first. Not an easy task.
I’ll have to ask if his son are back working on the brand. But Mike is pretty my handling it all now
Mike who? They really did need to have a new set of eyes to take the brand in a different direction.
His name is Michael Berrios. He is local Charlotte watch guy, we used to work together. He is still working for a bank full time and does the watch stuff on the side. He initially just spent a lot of time driving up to see Fred’s wife and helping with the sudden void Fred left. Then he stayed involved and help led them with stock and reorganization. He then started designing a new model to take the brand forward. But it has not been easy to implement change.
Last edited by Jeep99dad on Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruggs

Post by Ruggs » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:13 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Ruggs wrote:
His name is Michael Berrios. He is local Charlotte watch guy, we used to work together. He is still working for a bank full time and does the watch stuff on the side. He initially just spent a lot of time driving up to see Fred’s wife and helping with the sudden void Fred left and his son not being able or willing to help. Then he got keep involved and started to help them with stock and reorganization. He then started designing a new model to take the brand forward. But it has not been easy to implement change.
Well I wish him all the best. A Bernhardt was one of the first micros I bought when I got into this hobby ~10 yrs ago, and I had a chance to chat with Fred a few times. Great guy. I'd love to see the brand continue.

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 pm

Not my type of watch but I actually quite like that one. The case back looks really good.
Andy :uj:

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:23 pm

Good looking watch - something to consider, and the price is fair too. Good luck to them.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

DenverBuff
Name: Vic

Post by DenverBuff » Wed May 15, 2024 9:41 am

Fred/Bernhardt was one of the OG micros - I bought a couple of his watches early on. One of the worlds nicest guys.

I may buy this one just to help the brand out.