ChronoSport UDT

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Batt14
Name: Pete

Re: ChronoSport UDT

Post by Batt14 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:50 pm

just now noticed the dates on these posts.
-Pete

T.R.
TRTV!
Name: Tommy Tutone

Post by T.R. » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:50 am

One of my old school favorites. One day I'm going to grab either that watch or the Seiko "Arnie".

:salute: :salute: :salute:
unixshrk wrote: I'll put it on a nice NATO for you. :shifty:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:40 am

T.R. wrote:One of my old school favorites. One day I'm going to grab either that watch or the Seiko "Arnie".

:salute: :salute: :salute:
I think Mark had a Arnie at one time, I might need to try one also.

Lou8657
Name: Pa

Post by Lou8657 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:00 pm

I have a chronosport udt, that I would like to sell. I purchased it in the mid eighties. It is in very good shape, It has been in my watch case for the past 20 years, and prior to that, I wore maybe about 30 days total, and it has never been used for diving. I have the original box, and owners manual. If anyone is interested, I can post pictures.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:42 pm

So no introduction post, no separate FS thread, just jump in and drop it here???

Sent using Tapatalk

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Lou8657 wrote:I have a chronosport udt, that I would like to sell. I purchased it in the mid eighties. It is in very good shape, It has been in my watch case for the past 20 years, and prior to that, I wore maybe about 30 days total, and it has never been used for diving. I have the original box, and owners manual. If anyone is interested, I can post pictures.

Please post photos with today's paper as a backdrop for them. And if you're interested in selling it, you'll need at least 25 posts here before you can post anything for sale in the sales forum. But you can post the photos of the watch here anyway, just don't try to sell it. M'kay? Oh, and an intro post of some sort will go a long way here. We are a close knit bunch of picky bastards and assholes (ok, maybe that's just me), but close knit, yes. So post an intro (in your own thread - there are plenty of examples floating around). Thanks.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Lou8657

Post by Lou8657 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to be rude, or disrespectful. I apologize...I'm not really a watch guy. I was once young, single, and no kids, and had money to burn when I bought this watch on a whim thirty some years ago. With a son in college, and wife not working now, I really have limited funds for my other hobbies, one being straight razor shaving, yea I know it sounds odd, but thats another story.
I came across this site when I googled chronosport udt, and got little excited when I saw that there seems to be a demand for this watch. I will post some pics later(with my sons help) Again, sorry for coming off like a jerk.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:23 pm

Lou8657 wrote:Sorry guys, I didn't mean to be rude, or disrespectful. I apologize...I'm not really a watch guy. I was once young, single, and no kids, and had money to burn when I bought this watch on a whim thirty some years ago. With a son in college, and wife not working now, I really have limited funds for my other hobbies, one being straight razor shaving, yea I know it sounds odd, but thats another story.
I came across this site when I googled chronosport udt, and got little excited when I saw that there seems to be a demand for this watch. I will post some pics later(with my sons help) Again, sorry for coming off like a jerk.
Not a problem. There's actually a thread here somewhere on wet shaving (quite lengthy actually) and there's a few straight razor freaks here. We cover just about anything you might like (or not) - guns, knives, razors, boots, fine leather gear, titties, and every now and then watches. Look forward to seeing pics of your UDT and thanks for checking out DWC.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

Lou8657

Post by Lou8657 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:46 pm

Here are the pics of my UDT.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lou8657

Post by Lou8657 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:58 pm

I couldn't get a hold of my son today. So I gave it a shot. I didn't have today's paper, so I used Philadelphia magazine's May/13 issue. I will post more pics later in a separate thread with that days newspaper.The watch came with a nylon strap, which I replaced. Also the original box, owners manual, consumer warranty. I took the battery out many years ago, because I didn't want any leakage issues.
I would really like to know the value of this watch. It really is in pristine condition and barely used.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Who's on the button today???

Sent using Tapatalk

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Lou8657 wrote:I couldn't get a hold of my son today. So I gave it a shot. I didn't have today's paper, so I used Philadelphia magazine's May/13 issue. I will post more pics later in a separate thread with that days newspaper.The watch came with a nylon strap, which I replaced. Also the original box, owners manual, consumer warranty. I took the battery out many years ago, because I didn't want any leakage issues.
I would really like to know the value of this watch. It really is in pristine condition and barely used.
I don't know much these go for, but that is a remarkably complete package. Have you checked ebay for completed sales?
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:52 pm

They sell from 400-900 depending on condition here is a link to ebay past sale's. At the MWR forum they have a PX sale's section no postcount needed to sale most are military watch collectors you would have better luck selling it over there.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=chr ... =1&_ipg=50

And the MWR Forum link but post it in the PX sale's section not the main forum if you are selling it.
http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Lou8657

Post by Lou8657 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:19 pm

River Rat wrote:They sell from 400-900 depending on condition here is a link to ebay past sale's. At the MWR forum they have a PX sale's section no postcount needed to sale most are military watch collectors you would have better luck selling it over there.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=chr ... =1&_ipg=50

And the MWR Forum link but post it in the PX sale's section not the main forum if you are selling it.
http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2
Thanks for the info.

Batt14
Name: Pete

Post by Batt14 » Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 pm

River rat is right on target with the prices and yours should sell at the upper end. If you don't mind dealing with and on ebay, they tend to fetch more at auction than on the forums. I would jump all over it, but have more than one identical to yours and in nearly NOS condition. You can PM me here if you want to discuss it some more.
-Pete

Lou8657

Post by Lou8657 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Batt14 wrote:River rat is right on target with the prices and yours should sell at the upper end. If you don't mind dealing with and on ebay, they tend to fetch more at auction than on the forums. I would jump all over it, but have more than one identical to yours and in nearly NOS condition. You can PM me here if you want to discuss it some more.
Thanks for your help, I'm pretty close to having it sold.

cognoscenti
Name: Dan

Post by cognoscenti » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:14 pm

Batt14 wrote:River rat is right on target with the prices and yours should sell at the upper end. If you don't mind dealing with and on ebay, they tend to fetch more at auction than on the forums. I would jump all over it, but have more than one identical to yours and in nearly NOS condition. You can PM me here if you want to discuss it some more.
Hi
the ONLY thing that my father gave me before passing was his old Chronosport UDT type 1 , it was his ONLY SINGLE ONE everyday watch i ever see him wear

But sadly the movement fried when i changed the battery for a new one !
the watch stopped working , i changed the battery , it worked and BAM , it die !

I search since then to find a decent 100% working movement to install in the cool case/steel band
many oriented me toward ESA Y2-900231 movement or the 900 911 movement
EDIT : I forget to mention that somes told me : miyota Y652 ?
unfortunatelly , the sellers who have them in stock ask WAY TO MUCH than the amount i can spend to repair my dad watch

then i discovered the discussion here and i wonder ....
Can someone here with good heart can show me an alternative brand/model of watch that have one of thoses movement for a decent price ?
I seen some been able to purchase the movement (old watch) for around $60.00

Can someone could show me one for sale (still inside a watch) that have not been spotted by griddy sellers ?
it will be EXTREMELY appreciated and I will show photos after the operation to show if it work or not

I really need help here , as i found absolutelly nothing beside the ones that greedy sellers offer for $200

cognoscenti
Name: Dan

Post by cognoscenti » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:15 pm

Hi
the ONLY thing that my father gave me before passing was his old Chronosport UDT type 1 , it was his ONLY SINGLE ONE everyday watch i ever see him wear

But sadly the movement fried when i changed the battery for a new one !
the watch stopped working , i changed the battery , it worked and BAM , it die !

I search since then to find a decent 100% working movement to install in the cool case/steel band
many oriented me toward ESA Y2-900231 movement or the 900 911 movement
EDIT : I forget to mention that somes told me : miyota Y652 ?
unfortunatelly , the sellers who have them in stock ask WAY TO MUCH than the amount i can spend to repair my dad watch

then i discovered the discussion here and i wonder ....
Can someone here with good heart can show me an alternative brand/model of watch that have one of thoses movement for a decent price ?
I seen some been able to purchase the movement (old watch) for around $60.00

Can someone could show me one for sale (still inside a watch) that have not been spotted by griddy sellers ?
it will be EXTREMELY appreciated and I will show photos after the operation to show if it work or not

I really need help here , as i found absolutelly nothing beside the ones that greedy sellers offer for $200

wallsplace
Name: Walid

Post by wallsplace » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:06 pm

Seiko, bulova and bwc also used the same movement esa 900.231 ? what caliber numbers or models numbers are they marked?