Global slow down...

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Graeme
Owner - SAS & Míleata
Name: Graeme

Re: Global slow down...

Post by Graeme » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Spain has just gone into lock down. No one can leave their homes except for essential supplies and to go to work.

France will be next and I think if France locks down I think Germany will too.

Regards Graeme

Image Image

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:29 pm

Graeme wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:48 pm
Spain has just gone into lock down. No one can leave their homes except for essential supplies and to go to work.

France will be next and I think if France locks down I think Germany will too.

Regards Graeme
I just saw the news about Spain. These are interesting (scary) times we’re living in.

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:13 pm

I return to Australia Saturday week
I will have to self isolate for 14 days
Just txt my boss for the policy in this
They are working on it she said
Uber driver will get to sit in the car with me in the way home

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:32 am

KidKeith
Name: KidKeith

Post by KidKeith » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:41 pm

People really think this is a hoax? Well I guess you can test it with your lives. I'll be at home with bourbon. Plenty of shit to get done around the house. See you in May.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:46 pm

Welp, my kids are officially out of school until April.

Tried to buy a face shield to keep paint off my face when I bottom paint my boat. Not one to be had. At least I already have the respirator mask.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:54 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:46 pm

Tried to buy a face shield to keep paint off my face when I bottom paint my boat. Not one to be had. At least I already have the respirator mask.
Will they have to make up the time over the summer, or do they have enough snow days to burn?

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:57 pm

What I heard is they’re getting online homework.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Global slow down...

Post by Chocodove » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:02 pm

I’m on my town’s CERT and we had a meeting with the mayor, town council, and county OEM coordinators this morning. It’s been said, but it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Biggest issue, at least around here, is that the panic is taking on a life of its own. People should be concerned, but not to the extent that we needed cops at the TP pallet at Costco this morning. My wife is also on the Team and volunteered to be the “emergency contact” (non-911 emergency level) for a section of town if anyone has concerns about their food supplies, prescriptions, etc. We have several large senior housing complexes in my town and those residents likely shouldn’t be going out at this point. Should be interesting to see what kind of calls she is going to get.

(Not my pic)
- Todd

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:18 pm

Meanwhile people are still enjoying life. Not trying to downplay this, but it's not the end of the world.

When I need a break from the stress of life I like to view the Navarre Beach Cam and unwind.

https://www.navarrebeachlife.com/live-hd-1080-zoom-cam/

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:23 pm

nweash wrote:What I heard is they’re getting online homework.
My kids (elementary) are using Google classroom to stay connected with their class, communicate with the teacher, and get assignments.

On the bright side, this could be transformative for education across the board.
:htfu:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:34 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:23 pm
My kids (elementary) are using Google classroom to stay connected with their class, communicate with the teacher, and get assignments.

On the bright side, this could be transformative for education across the board.
my kid has been using google classroom the last year or two. it is okay but they grading system can be a pain.

i hope the do not go to online classes permanently. i believe school interaction is a huge part of the developmentally process for kids.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:36 pm

59yukon01 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:18 pm
When I need a break from the stress of life I like to view the Navarre Beach Cam and unwind.

https://www.navarrebeachlife.com/live-hd-1080-zoom-cam/
hahaha funny that is right across from my dad's house in navarre :roll:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:02 pm
our costco did not have a cop guarding it this morning but it did have employees giving you the allotted amount.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:43 pm

matt.wu wrote:

Most of the LA/Orange County school are closed for 2-3 weeks (and spring break follows). The guidance Redondo Beach USD has provided is the online instruction will be to maintain current learning (prevent learning loss). I’m counting on a school year extension.
The Hapa

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:45 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:43 pm
matt.wu wrote:

Most of the LA/Orange County school are closed for 2-3 weeks (and spring break follows). The guidance Redondo Beach USD has provided is the online instruction will be to maintain current learning (prevent learning loss). I’m counting on a school year extension.
Yeah my little bro lives in Manhattan beach and said the same thing.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:15 pm

Schools closed here for 3 weeks.
Depends on district on how they are going to do work- my wife’s school is still trying to figure it out, not all students have internet access.

And now bars a restaurants closed !!

How TF and I going to get chicken wings and draft beer !!??!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:48 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:15 pm
Depends on district on how they are going to do work- my wife’s school is still trying to figure it out, not all students have internet access.

Drive through will stay open in Ohio for now, so they can still crowd the kitchens with people handling food for you. Bring your own beer.
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:47 pm

Selym wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:54 pm
Ryeguy wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:46 pm

Will they have to make up the time over the summer, or do they have enough snow days to burn?
I believe the state education board is waiving the 180 requirement. Plus, my kids get chrome books from school and will have online / virtual classrooms.

We do this already for snow days, so we are kinda used to it.

Mass closed all bars and restaurants plus cancelled any social gathering place of more than 25 people (grocery stores and pharmacies excluded). All gyms, theaters, etc. are shut.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:56 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:15 pm

Sounds like time to invest in a keg fridge.
The Hapa

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:13 pm

KidKeith wrote:People really think this is a hoax? Well I guess you can test it with your lives. I'll be at home with bourbon. Plenty of shit to get done around the house. See you in May.
I don’t believe anyone here thinks it a hoax. Some believe that the coverage isn’t consistent with prior, similar events. Some, including me, have seen political bias enter into the equation.

It’s a real and legitimate concern and I hope all you fuckers are keeping safe.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:29 pm

from the CDC:
Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:53 pm

gwells wrote:from the CDC:
Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.

Yep, Merlefest Americana Festival just cancelled and it was scheduled for late April in Wilkesboro, NC. I’m not surprised, but this was the first time I was going back in about 15 years. It was one I went to 10 years in a row when I was much younger.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

Marjak
Name: Mart

Post by Marjak » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Daughter just got set up for google classroom lessons from home. What doesn't make sense is that next week 23-27 March, she has to go to school in the mornings for test-week ?? How does this make sense?

Jakarta governor closed all schools to April 6, people are told to work from home if at all possible, the usual stuff that's being implemented in many countries atm. However, when I drove to the supermarket yesterday, it was just as busy on the streets and sidewalks as pre-coronavirus times. Didn't see a single person with a face-mask... but this is in the suburbs where the vast majority is living on a day-to-day basis, meaning whatever money they earn that day is what they have to spend on basic needs such as food for that same day. Local economy can't be stopped here as more people will die from starvation (and violence as a result of having nothing) then from the virus...which is in a way a good thing as we don't have to worry about supplies .. road side food stalls, food markets, small mom and dad shops will continue to operate. So the virus is going to spread fast here!

Also, as it is mandatory to have a religion in this country, 99% of the population does believe in one God or another, which makes people to easier accept there faith about life or death. This does seems to help with preventing mass panic.
- Mart -

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:36 pm

All of Vail ski resorts are closed for the next 2 wks. I bet most, if not all, will remain closed for the season. My wife's church is also closed in conjunction with the county schools.
My son is in kindergarten and will be doing remote learning for the rest of the month. I guess that means one of us will be staying home since we have no family in the area. My wife and I are expected to show up to work as usual. It'll be interesting to see how this country's pay check to pay check lifestyle impacts their ability to stay home from work.
toxicavenger wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:34 pm

my kid has been using google classroom the last year or two. it is okay but they grading system can be a pain.

i hope the do not go to online classes permanently. i believe school interaction is a huge part of the developmentally process for kids.
The underlying lack/inability to socialize normally is probably contributing to the spiking depression and suicide rates in the younger generations. I know from experience that kids who home school generally begin to crave classroom interaction within a couple months of leaving it.