Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Centinel Corp. CGI shipping gone?

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:40 am

Hi
I was going to price shipping an item abroad and can’t seem to get to the website. Are they out of business? Changed name and website ?

Thanks. Brice
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

TSD
Name: Tom

Re: Centinel Corp. CGI shipping gone?

Post by TSD » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:02 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:40 am
Hi
I was going to price shipping an item abroad and can’t seem to get to the website. Are they out of business? Changed name and website ?

Thanks. Brice
https://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/ ... 9#p1398069
CGI was acquired. Wu can intro you to the account rep at https://shipinforsure.com/

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:46 pm

Thanks. Crap so have to start over :(
I’ll check the one Wu is using

I logged into Star8 with my old CGI credentials and did a quote for a $300 2lbs package to Singapore and it’s between 130-190$ Image
Rates have definitely changed.
It’s a no go unless during the merger they screwed up our pricing. Those are just regular FedEx rates
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:43 pm

if this new company is ran anything like cgi I won't be using them again.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:34 pm

Did any one ever collect anything from a lost shipment ? Some times I think these things are fly by night rip offs like a pyramid scheme. Like take your money and run. And this was fly by night because it's gone in a puff of smoke.

aztecknight

Post by aztecknight » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:41 pm

I still use parcelpro. Did that one fall out of favor for some reason I don't know?

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:43 pm

aztecknight wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:41 pm
I still use parcelpro. Did that one fall out of favor for some reason I don't know?
i don't believe so. i believe some guys here knew the cgi folks personally so that is why some used them.

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:48 pm

aztecknight wrote:I still use parcelpro. Did that one fall out of favor for some reason I don't know?
Does one need a referral to ParcelPro?

aztecknight

Post by aztecknight » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:50 pm

SoCal C4S wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:48 pm
aztecknight wrote:I still use parcelpro. Did that one fall out of favor for some reason I don't know?
Does one need a referral to ParcelPro?
No really sure if they require it anymore. When I signed up Zack was kind enough to refer me.

aztecknight

Post by aztecknight » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:53 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:43 pm
aztecknight wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:41 pm
i don't believe so. i believe some guys here knew the cgi folks personally so that is why some used them.
Thank you sir. Good to not hear of issues. I've never had problems with them. Of course I've never had to collect on a lost package either.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:47 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:46 pm
Thanks. Crap so have to start over :(
I’ll check the one Wu is using

I logged into Star8 with my old CGI credentials and did a quote for a $300 2lbs package to Singapore and it’s between 130-190$ Image
Rates have definitely changed.
It’s a no go unless during the merger they screwed up our pricing. Those are just regular FedEx rates
Their rating system is down, and unfortunately Jorge isn't able to quote an accurate price either. I sent a watch to HK about a week ago and still don't know for sure what it's costing, although I did have a quote prior to the system crashing so I hope it was accurate. I'm going to sign up with Inforsure.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:19 am

With Matt’s help, I signed up with Infosure; but haven’t shipped anything yet.

From what I understand, packages must be held at FedEx for pick-up for insurance to be in effect.

SoCal C4S

Post by SoCal C4S » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:17 am

Hmm- maybe Inforsure is the way to go. I prefer packages be held at the closest FedEx store to whoever I’m shipping something to.

aztecknight

Post by aztecknight » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:59 am

SoCal C4S wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:17 am
Hmm- maybe Inforsure is the way to go. I prefer packages be held at the closest FedEx store to whoever I’m shipping something to.
That is an option at parcelpro as well, they do an upcharge if they deliver to a residential address, no upcharge if its to a business.

SoCal C4S

Post by SoCal C4S » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:04 pm

aztecknight wrote:
SoCal C4S wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:17 am
That is an option at parcelpro as well, they do an upcharge if they deliver to a residential address, no upcharge if its to a business.
Oooh, that’s good to know. I’m going to sign up this weekend; thanks for the info!

SoCal C4S

Post by SoCal C4S » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:06 pm

BIGGER QUESTION:

Has ANYONE HERE ever had to file a claim with CGI, ParcelPro or InforSure?

Always wondered about that part of something went South with shipping or whatever…

aztecknight

Post by aztecknight » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:01 pm

SoCal C4S wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:06 pm
BIGGER QUESTION:

Always wondered about that part of something went South with shipping or whatever…
Fortunately no. When I do, I hope its for a low dollar amount. I'm not a baller like some of the guys here, but I have shipped watches in the $10K and above range. They require you to overnight those types of packages to reduce the risk of theft or getting lost I guess and also have minimum sign for delivery requirements.

Once I shipped my rolex in for service, they had me ship to an address they use near the AD and then hand deliver it to the Rolex service center.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:31 pm

SoCal C4S wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:06 pm
BIGGER QUESTION:

never. luckily, and i have shipped a lot of watches in the last 5 years. that is why it pisses me off that cgi does not give their customers the warm and fuzzies. it seemed like it was ran by amateur's.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:42 pm

Are rates w Parcel Pro and Inforsure comprable to CGI? Same ease of use?
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:02 pm

Rates might have changed a bit but to be honest I haven't noticed. Transition to Star8Ship was pretty easy, and I didn't skip a beat using the service. Haven't had to file a claim yet (*knocks on desk*), but I've had little reason to complain from using these guys for the last two-plus years.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:33 pm

dinexus wrote:Rates might have changed a bit but to be honest I haven't noticed. Transition to Star8Ship was pretty easy, and I didn't skip a beat using the service. Haven't had to file a claim yet (*knocks on desk*), but I've had little reason to complain from using these guys for the last two-plus years.
Thanks for the reply. Hadnt heard about Star8Ship. Does one need a referral?

Edit: just realized CGI joined up w/ Star8Ship. Their CS was lacking for sure. Not sure which way to go.
Last edited by r.palace on Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:26 pm

dinexus wrote:Rates might have changed a bit but to be honest I haven't noticed. Transition to Star8Ship was pretty easy, and I didn't skip a beat using the service. Haven't had to file a claim yet (*knocks on desk*), but I've had little reason to complain from using these guys for the last two-plus years.
I used CGI for years with no issue, but my first and only shipment since they became star8ship they invoiced me more than double the original quote, about an extra hundred bucks. Jorge has been promising a refund for about two months but I've given up on actually receiving it. Probably just an issue with the transition, but I'm not happy with them any more. Never had a claim, so I can't speak to that.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:35 pm

r.palace wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:33 pm
Thanks for the reply. Hadnt heard about Star8Ship. Does one need a referral?

Edit: just realized CGI joined up w/ Star8Ship. Their CS was lacking for sure. Not sure which way to go.
jswing wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:26 pm
I used CGI for years with no issue, but my first and only shipment since they became star8ship they invoiced me more than double the original quote, about an extra hundred bucks. Jorge has been promising a refund for about two months but I've given up on actually receiving it. Probably just an issue with the transition, but I'm not happy with them any more. Never had a claim, so I can't speak to that.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I have to say that when shipping items that cost this much, customer service should be top notch at all times. With CGI this was not the case. So I will not be giving Star8Ship/Jorge my business again. They straight sux balls when it comes to :monkeypiss: service. Imagine if they lost a package? I don't even want to think about all the watches I shipped thru them that would have turned into a cluster fuck. :puke:

SoCal C4S

Post by SoCal C4S » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:08 pm

So… Who is everyone using now?

Wu, Zack?

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:19 pm

I’m back at parcel pro. Best rates at this point for me.