Had it with WUS and the a'holes that lurk there

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:29 pm

I have had the worst PM exchange over there ever. I won't bore with the details, but this buyer is the most unreasonable, foul mouth, hot head, I've ever encountered. Seems to be that way lately. Between these kind of guys and low-ballers, it's just not worth it.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Had it with WUS and the a'holes that lurk there

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:53 pm

Send him a box of shit. Just make sure to drop it into a random Dropbox.

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:53 pm

you must've really pissed him off, Steve... throw him a sinking lowball? :lol:

you're spoiled by DWC :thumbsup: WUS is the biggest, so there's gonna be the most of anything there, including plenty of 1st class A-holes... but still plenty of good guys there... you just have to evaluate your risk vs reward, and/or grow a thicker skin... some people need to scream to be heard :nutkick:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

Steve O.

Post by Steve O. » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:05 pm

gr8sw wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:53 pm
you must've really pissed him off, Steve... throw him a sinking lowball? :lol:

you're spoiled by DWC :thumbsup: WUS is the biggest, so there's gonna be the most of anything there, including plenty of 1st class A-holes... but still plenty of good guys there... you just have to evaluate your risk vs reward, and/or grow a thicker skin... some people need to scream to be heard :nutkick:
Yeah, I try not to let this kind of crap get to me, but for some reason this guy just triggered something in me. You're right, most of the guys over there are okay. As much as I love DWC, the fact is, WUS is the place to go if you're selling something off beat.

Steve O.

Post by Steve O. » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:07 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:53 pm
Send him a box of shit. Just make sure to drop it into a random Dropbox.
Good idea. Like that.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:09 pm

We are seeing the results of a generation of safe spaces, not hurting feelings, etc with the result being those kids (now adults) have 0 coping skills and don't know how to act when someone or something doesn't go their way or they don't get their way.

Steve O.

Post by Steve O. » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:16 pm

rockmastermike wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:09 pm
We are seeing the results of a generation of safe spaces, not hurting feelings, etc with the result being those kids (now adults) have 0 coping skills and don't know how to act when someone or something doesn't go their way or they don't get their way.
You're absolutely right Mike. I agree 100%. However, I looked this guy up, and he's 54 years old. Threw a tantrum like a 5 year old.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:20 pm

Yeah, there are a bunch of pricks there.

What’s your lowest price?

I’ll give you 50% off what you’re asking?

I’ll pay full price PayPal G&S if you can ship today and ignore the fact I have zero feedback and want to use a different address than my PP address.

And more BS. I try to invite the idiots and just reply “No thanks“.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:22 pm

The pussyfication of America has been happening for several decades now, however most people aren't old enough to notice the change, and the others just haven't been paying attention.

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:09 pm

Steve O. wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
You're absolutely right Mike. I agree 100%. However, I looked this guy up, and he's 54 years old. Threw a tantrum like a 5 year old.
Who is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Send lawyers, guns and money...

Steve O.

Post by Steve O. » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:12 pm

hidden by leaves wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:09 pm
Steve O. wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
Who is it?

Some guy named Dave in Rhode Island that goes by flyersandeagles.

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:20 pm

Steve O. wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
Who is it?

I don't hang out there anymore but handle rings a bell. I think he used to post a lot and sell a lot. Maybe he's of the new breed of Dive Watch Bros.

Send lawyers, guns and money...

Steve O.

Post by Steve O. » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:21 pm

The whole thing was about a delay in shipping on my part due to my work schedule. I offered a refund, or shipping this Thursday. Granted it was a week from when he bought it, but he got a helluva deal and life happens. Maybe uncool on my part, but no excuse for his behavior.

Cabaiguan
Name: Raf

Post by Cabaiguan » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:33 pm

Steve O. wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:12 pm
hidden by leaves wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
Who is it?

Philly fan. Explains it all really.
"A ship of war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Steve O.

Post by Steve O. » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:06 pm

Cabaiguan wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:33 pm
Steve O. wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:12 pm
hidden by leaves wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
Who is it?

Philly fan. Explains it all really.
I can't believe I just got that. :doh: You're right. Explains a lot.

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:02 pm

Steve O. wrote:The whole thing was about a delay in shipping on my part due to my work schedule. I offered a refund, or shipping this Thursday. Granted it was a week from when he bought it, but he got a helluva deal and life happens. Maybe uncool on my part, but no excuse for his behavior.
Yeah, that’s not cool. You should just refund his money and let him pay again when you know you can ship.
www.simplynoble.net

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:51 pm

rockmastermike wrote:We are seeing the results of a generation of safe spaces, not hurting feelings, etc with the result being those kids (now adults) have 0 coping skills and don't know how to act when someone or something doesn't go their way or they don't get their way.
100% truth.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:19 am

Been so long since I been on WUS I forgot my log in code the military section and diver section took a dump nothing but micro's and the few that really knew vintage military issued watches stopped posting so lost interest in that forum years ago. Never sold nothing there just here and MWR and one watch at timezone with the help of a forum member from our forum. So never dealt with a a-hole at WUS. Did sell one here recently but it was a watch I never listed in our sells section that was a tricky deal but we all ended up happy in the end I hope did bend over backwards on that one even tried to talk him out of it. Don't ask who it was won't tell.

Steve O.

Post by Steve O. » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:56 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:02 pm
Steve O. wrote:The whole thing was about a delay in shipping on my part due to my work schedule. I offered a refund, or shipping this Thursday. Granted it was a week from when he bought it, but he got a helluva deal and life happens. Maybe uncool on my part, but no excuse for his behavior.
Yeah, that’s not cool. You should just refund his money and let him pay again when you know you can ship.
Sometimes things can't be helped. That's the first thing I did was offer him a refund. He accepted, so I did. That's when he went off. Anyone who has ever bought anything from me here, WUS, or other forums, knows that I ship in a timely manner. This was the exception.

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:01 pm

Steve O. wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Sometimes things can't be helped. That's the first thing I did was offer him a refund. He accepted, so I did. That's when he went off. Anyone who has ever bought anything from me here, WUS, or other forums, knows that I ship in a timely manner. This was the exception.
I get it now. I didn’t know he accepted the refund and then went off. What a tool.
Last edited by BacoNoir on Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.simplynoble.net

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:06 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:01 pm
Steve O. wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
I get it now. I didn’t know he ancestors the refund and then went off. What a tool.
If you can’t ship the package, well that’s that. Not everyone has the freedom to pop off the post office or FedEx store at will. If he can’t wait then he can take the refund or wait (or take a hike).
The Hapa

Steve O.

Post by Steve O. » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:36 pm

^ Exactly. Believe it or not, he's still at it. I got a PM from him a while ago wanting to know where the f his refund was. Even though I sent him proof that the refund was in process, he accused me of stealing his money. I tried to explain that refunds take a day or two for PayPal to process, and that it is showing pending on my bank account. He said f me and my bank account. He also said he could tell I was a dick by my avatar pic. That's not even me. It's a painting of Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini). This guy is a real piece of work. If you play over at WUS, avoid him like the plague.
Last edited by Steve O. on Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:48 pm

Steve O. wrote: He said he could tell I was a dick by my avatar pic. That's not even me. It's a painting of Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini).
Good god what kind of a world do we live in that a man doesn’t know who Tony Soprano is.
- Todd

bedlam
Name: Carl

Post by bedlam » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:23 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:48 pm
Steve O. wrote: He said he could tell I was a dick by my avatar pic. That's not even me. It's a painting of Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini).
Good god what kind of a world do we live in that a man doesn’t know who Tony Soprano is.
Non-english speaking?

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:58 am

bedlam wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:23 pm
Chocodove wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:48 pm
Non-english speaking?
Maybe, but I think Steve said the guy was from the US (Rhode Island) so unlikely.

FWIW, I think Steve's avatar pic on WUS is the same one he uses here. Even without knowing who the person is in the picture, I see nothing offensive about it.