Tudor BB Pro

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Tudor BB Pro

Post by matt.wu » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:26 am

Instant buy for me. I’m already on a list.

BB58-ish case (39mm, though might be thicker)
In-house GMT
ADJUSTABLE CLASP
$4k

Big plus that it’s based on the Rolex 1655, which you know has a special place in my heart.

Hope the wait isn’t too long! :)
:htfu:

r.palace

Re: Tudor BB Pro

Post by r.palace » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:20 am

Very cool. Much more exciting than a destro GMT IMO.

Curious to know the wait on this one as well; the local AD’s Tudor display has been half empty for about a year. Feels dirty getting on a “list” for a Tudor.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

dukerules

Tudor BB Pro

Post by dukerules » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:44 am

Home run! I want one. Love those lume plots , the yellow GMT hand, the bezel, and of course the case size. Interested in the thickness.
Last edited by dukerules on Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:50 am

Like it, but 39mm is to small for me.
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:39 am

Not for me, but I’m glad to see the adjustable clasp. The Rolex releases are total shit. An air king with crown guards and a destro green/black GMT2? Rolex has lost the plot.

Bob1035
Name: Rob not Bob

Post by Bob1035 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:45 am

This BB GMT is pretty cool!

Not $4k + "List" cool (to me), but still cool

14.6mm thicc
Last edited by Bob1035 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:59 am

Cool, but I would've preferred the GMT hand to not have a "snowflake" on it.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:26 am

Love it. A 1655 is completely out of reach for me, but maybe one of these someday. I think I'd put it on either an olive green or khaki nato when I wasn't wearing it with the bracelet.

On edit: Just saw that it's 14.6mm thick. Not sure about that...
Last edited by JBZ on Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:37 am

Definitely a Wu watch, so I’m glad you’re in the queue.

This is the only Rolex/Tudor release I like this year, but doubt I’ll pursue one.

I’m glad nothing from any brand excites me this year.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:53 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:39 am
Not for me, but I’m glad to see the adjustable clasp. The Rolex releases are total shit. An air king with crown guards and a destro green/black GMT2? Rolex has lost the plot.
I'm not sure why Rolex thinks putting crown guards on the air king are going to suddenly make it more desirable, but I guess some people will buy it. I find crown guards on any watch with a plain, smooth bezel kind of odd. Looks off-balance to me.

The destro GMT thing is strange. Why not make a certain number of all of the GMT's (or whatever model) left-handed? Why just do it for one particular color scheme? I guess there's economics involved, but it doesn't make me want this particular GMT more just because it's different. I do like the color scheme but, in the end, it's just another GMT.

The new yacht-masters are fine, I guess, but I'm not overly enamored with the falcon's eye dial on the WG version. And I prefer the 40mm versions anyway.

The new platinum day-date is cool, but it's not something I'd ever be able to afford, even at MSRP.

kempoman

Post by kempoman » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:03 am

Looks like a rivet bracelet...
Watch collector since 1989

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club

Post by jswing » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:05 am

This is the best release from either Tudor or Rolex IMO. I'm not a GMT guy, but I like what they did with this.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:07 am

It's nice I guess, and the clasp is a big upgrade, but not for me.

I'd wear the weird sprite looking destro GMT. Maybe.
- Todd

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:10 am

JBZ wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:53 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
I'm not sure why Rolex thinks putting crown guards on the air king are going to suddenly make it more desirable, but I guess some people will buy it. I find crown guards on any watch with a plain, smooth bezel kind of odd. Looks off-balance to me.

The destro GMT thing is strange. Why not make a certain number of all of the GMT's (or whatever model) left-handed? Why just do it for one particular color scheme? I guess there's economics involved, but it doesn't make me want this particular GMT more just because it's different. I do like the color scheme but, in the end, it's just another GMT.

The new yacht-masters are fine, I guess, but I'm not overly enamored with the falcon's eye dial on the WG version. And I prefer the 40mm versions anyway.

The new platinum day-date is cool, but it's not something I'd ever be able to afford, even at MSRP.
I’m left handed and hated the one destro watch that I’ve ever owned (EZM1). I like the YM2 but it’s too big. I think the best new release is the root beer black bay, but again too big.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:20 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:10 am
JBZ wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:53 am
JP Chestnut wrote:

I’m left handed and hated the one destro watch that I’ve ever owned (EZM1). I like the YM2 but it’s too big. I think the best new release is the root beer black bay, but again too big.
I'm not sure why Tudor didn't release the root beer and stainless GMT's in a smaller case size. They could clearly do it given the size of this new Black Bay Pro. But at 14.6mm thick, it may still be too big or top-heavy.

Skinny Rogers
Name: Lance

Tudor BB Pro

Post by Skinny Rogers » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:23 am

My AD called me this morning about the pro.

I’m uncertain on the thickness as the OG 58 wore so well…

I told my guy to put me down for one as I can always refuse.

I’ll pass if it’s too chunky.

Maybe it will surprise me…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Skinny Rogers on Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:27 am

JBZ wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:26 am
Love it. A 1655 is completely out of reach for me, but maybe one of these someday. I think I'd put it on either an olive green or khaki nato when I wasn't wearing it with the bracelet.

On edit: Just saw that it's 14.6mm thick. Not sure about that...
Yup. Can't wait to see one. :clap:

That GMT hand and "matte dial" style ceramic lume look outstanding. This is one BB that I'm glad will have some extra height over the 58.

tmw
Name: The Enabler

Post by tmw » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:27 am

Not bad. GMT in BB58 size. I like it but will wait to see how these look IRL.
Stan, don’t you know the first law of physics? Anything that’s fun costs at least eight dollars”
-- Eric Cartman

“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:56 am

Yep, I like this one too!

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:58 am

Does anyone know what the updates to the DSSD are?
- Todd

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:00 am

Chocodove wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:58 am
No. I was trying to figure that out.

There's also a butt ugly dial for the WG YM2 on rubber strap -- it looks like a regular dial that someone dragged across cement. I really like the new textured blue dial on the 36mm SS Datejust:

That's one of the only watches available for less than $10,000 retail that I'd actually want to own.

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:16 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:00 am
Chocodove wrote:

There's also a butt ugly dial for the WG YM2 on rubber strap -- it looks like a regular dial that someone dragged across cement. I really like the new textured blue dial on the 36mm SS Datejust:

That's one of the only watches available for less than $10,000 retail that I'd actually want to own.
The "Falcon's eye" dial on the YM looks like it's defective. I do like that DJ dial, but I can't deal with the cyclops so I'd never have one. There's really only one Rolex I sort of want (aside from my Sub) and that's a silver OP.

smellody
Name: Christopher

Post by smellody » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:19 am

Love it!!

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:24 am

jswing wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:16 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

The "Falcon's eye" dial on the YM looks like it's defective. I do like that DJ dial, but I can't deal with the cyclops so I'd never have one. There's really only one Rolex I sort of want (aside from my Sub) and that's a silver OP.
I'd really like a fun colored 36mm OP as well and I'm always debating a new 36mm Explorer 1 versus paying up for a mint unpolished complete example of the older 11 reference. Of course, Rolex has closed every AD anywhere near me -- the closest locations are Rochester, Albany, or NYC -- so I can't even begin to talk to an AD about a retail purchase of the new Explorer.

jswing

Post by jswing » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:30 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:24 am
jswing wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:16 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

I'd really like a fun colored 36mm OP as well and I'm always debating a new 36mm Explorer 1 versus paying up for a mint unpolished complete example of the older 11 reference. Of course, Rolex has closed every AD anywhere near me -- the closest locations are Rochester, Albany, or NYC -- so I can't even begin to talk to an AD about a retail purchase of the new Explorer.
I forgot, I'm still on the list for an Explorer too. I'm not hunting one too hard, but I am "on the list", and this AD actually has a list, they email me now and then to make sure I'm still in the market. Not being local to an AD makes it next to impossible I would guess, since my locals all tell me they only sell to locals. I guess I'm lucky to have 3 locally, although realistically two don't really give me the time of day.