Momentum Sea Quartz 30 Magnum thoughts

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Re: Momentum Sea Quartz 30 Magnum thoughts

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat May 13, 2023 7:27 am

And what’s this line that stands out between date and day.
Mine has it too.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Blaine
Name: Blaine

Post by Blaine » Sat May 13, 2023 7:52 am

Sorry to hear about your bezel insert Chris. I had my C21 Watchmaker with Decades of family watchmaking expertise , install the bracelet. I told him the lineage/price and he was amazed at the overall quality/build of the piece at that price point.

The gap is a larger space between day and date function. So in that regards it stands out more, perhaps, than other day/date functions? I did not even notice till it was pointed out here. Mine may be closer as well as I really have a difficult time even seeing it unless I zoom in. For the price and for what it is…I think it’s a fun watch with a very cool heritage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Sat May 13, 2023 8:20 am

Jeep99dad wrote:And what’s this line that stands out between date and day.
Mine has it too.
It’s called bad quality control. I mentioned it in my review of the one I had, where I thought it was a little wonky, but looking at my pics and yours, mine looked great compared to what yours and Chris has. I chalked it up to being at $200 watch, but yours and Chris’s looks terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat May 13, 2023 8:23 am

JDC222 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 6:13 pm
Do you know if it was shipped from Vancouver, BC or from Utah Chris? I picked mine up, they sized the bracelet and gave me an extra strap. I've known the guys there for decades, let me know if you want me to chat with them...odd that they would have packed it poorly!
It was shipped from Blaine, Washington. It was on a pillow inside a box. Not a scrap of bubble wrap or other packing material inside. I know it’s a cheap watch, but this was bad. If someone sent me a used Seiko like this I’d have been pissed.
Don’t go out of your way or anything, but if you happen to speak to them I wouldn’t mind the help. Maybe they can address these issues with their packaging.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Sat May 13, 2023 8:42 am

CGSshorty wrote:
JDC222 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Do you know if it was shipped from Vancouver, BC or from Utah Chris? I picked mine up, they sized the bracelet and gave me an extra strap. I've known the guys there for decades, let me know if you want me to chat with them...odd that they would have packed it poorly!
It was shipped from Blaine, Washington. It was on a pillow inside a box. Not a scrap of bubble wrap or other packing material inside. I know it’s a cheap watch, but this was bad. If someone sent me a used Seiko like this I’d have been pissed.
Don’t go out of your way or anything, but if you happen to speak to them I wouldn’t mind the help. Maybe they can address these issues with their packaging.
Mine was shipped in same manor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blaine
Name: Blaine

Post by Blaine » Sat May 13, 2023 12:39 pm

Not sure if this helps. Here’s a pic of date display. There is a gap and not as tight as some watches I have owned, but not too bad either.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat May 13, 2023 2:32 pm

I’ll keep mine but the quality is not there. Scurfa blows them out of the water. This is a Cheap watch overpriced at $300.
That date thing is all I can see when I look at it. Sucks when you think they assemble these themselves in Canada and mention that with pride. That should not go out to customers.
Overall quality is so so to me but it does look cool
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Sat May 13, 2023 2:58 pm

I think it is a super cool cheap watch.
I don’t know about other micros but the quality level IMO is in skx009/7 territory, but wow did they nail the design!
Great case, slim profile, nice vintage look without faux patina, gilt and similar BS

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sat May 13, 2023 6:59 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 8:23 am
JDC222 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
I will chat with them this coming week...Ill let you know.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sun May 14, 2023 7:49 pm

They’ve now sent me three separate return reference numbers. I’m going to use the first one and cross my fingers they figure it out.
David St. Hubbins

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon May 15, 2023 8:21 am

Make that 4.
David St. Hubbins

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Mon May 15, 2023 12:00 pm

Lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon May 15, 2023 1:47 pm

Ended up with 5. Must have been a glitch in the matrix or something. Thanks to some help from Don they reached out to me and have already sent me a replacement.
David St. Hubbins

KatGirl
Name: Kat

Post by KatGirl » Tue May 16, 2023 12:19 pm

CGSshorty wrote:Ended up with 5. Must have been a glitch in the matrix or something. Thanks to some help from Don they reached out to me and have already sent me a replacement.
CGSshorty wrote:Ended up with 5. Must have been a glitch in the matrix or something. Thanks to some help from Don they reached out to me and have already sent me a replacement.
Glad you are getting a new one. I picked one up at Windup in SF, two weekends ago. Though sold out, they had held some stock back, for the event. They gave me the choice of black or orange strap. I have since gotten an extra strap, and the bracelet. I did notice, that, on mine, there is that annoying separation between the day and date. As for the quick release tropic strap, I have not noticed that it seems unsecure, in any way:

Overall, I find it to be a very cool piece, especially since they gave me a 25% discount.

KAT

KatGirl

Post by KatGirl » Sat May 20, 2023 11:39 am

I emailed the company about the gap between the day and date wheels. The pics on their website do not show the gap, but their short video about this model, does show it. I asked if they will try to correct this slight design flaw, in future production runs. It will be interesting to see how they respond.

Kat

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:59 am

I received this reply back from a Momentum Marketing guy;

“I thought I would add some additional context to your other point too. The space you mentioned between the day and date is how Ronda makes their movements and is not a defect with your particular watch or anything like that. We discussed the idea of making two windows (one for day, the other for date) but opted against it to remain as faithful as possible to the original Sea Quartz 30. I hope this provides some clarity! “

My pic:

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:06 am

Send lawyers, guns and money...

KatGirl

Post by KatGirl » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:19 am

JDC222 wrote:I received this reply back from a Momentum Marketing guy;

“I thought I would add some additional context to your other point too. The space you mentioned between the day and date is how Ronda makes their movements and is not a defect with your particular watch or anything like that. We discussed the idea of making two windows (one for day, the other for date) but opted against it to remain as faithful as possible to the original Sea Quartz 30. I hope this provides some clarity! “

My pic:

I received the same answer, from the actual guy who sold me my watch, at Windup, in SF. He also told me he was on the hunt for the Zodiac, I was wearing, at the event.Image In any case, I really like the watch, especially considering the price I paid.

Kat