Interesting

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Interesting

Post by ezcheese » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:20 am

New certification process for private sales on chrono 24. I think the buyer shells out around $250 for it.
IMG_4447.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AranaWhite
Name: Cameron

Re: Interesting

Post by AranaWhite » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:25 am

Not having read the Extended T&C it sounds like a solid plan for seller and buyer. A good seller with a solid piece reaching the general public would midigates risk, they could shave the price and stay relevant with piece of mind. If buyers have confidence in the watchmaker Chrono chooses, regardless of the condition of a piece, there's confidence that it's sound.
Seems like a win win.

I wonder how extensive the watch exam is? You'd expect Chrono to use most reputable watchmakers; but they're not all alike.
As a seller, I might be hesitent to have someone I didn't choose opening my watch. I'd have to read their policy, what's a seller's recourse and how do you prove liability if something happens after it leaves you?

I like the dwc culture, there's confidence in buying, selling, trading. I don't spend $$$$$ on watches though, yet.

Wario406
Name: Mike

Re: Interesting

Post by Wario406 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:50 am

I sold a Navitimer through Chrono24 last year and was very pleased with the entire sales process. I felt protected as a seller, and it was clear that they were protecting the buyer too. I also feel that Chrono24 is more reputable than eBay. Their commission costs are really close on a $10k watch.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss