What do you drive???

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Re: What do you drive???

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:47 pm

The SR5 premium would be fine as well. Stick some black wheels on it

The interior plastic are really cheap and dated on these 4R. Very purposeful

I’m gonna drive a used GX and a new pathfinder too. Mazda and see how it goes.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Wario406
Name: Mike

What do you drive???

Post by Wario406 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:21 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:Are any Four Runners full time awd like the GX?
Actually YES…..the Limited model is full-time AWD. It’s the Toyota version of the GX. FT and a Torsen locking center differential.

If I were looking at the Limited, I’d pony up for the GX. It’s a wonderful vehicle.

A used GX is in consideration indeed. Love it. But the darn user interface is like 20 years old Image o CarPlay which I got used to and also that weird rear gate. Wonder if I’d get used to it
The 2022-2023 has CarPlay. Go buy one, then own it forever.
I tried to resist commenting, but hoppy saying “own it forever” is killing me.

It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:36 pm

ezcheese wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:03 pm
hoppyjr wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:Are any Four Runners full time awd like the GX?
Actually YES…..the Limited model is full-time AWD. It’s the Toyota version of the GX. FT and a Torsen locking center differential.

If I were looking at the Limited, I’d pony up for the GX. It’s a wonderful vehicle.

A used GX is in consideration indeed. Love it. But the darn user interface is like 20 years old Image o CarPlay which I got used to and also that weird rear gate. Wonder if I’d get used to it
The 2022-2023 has CarPlay. Go buy one, then own it forever.
A bit too $. Not sure I can swing a 22-23.

Just drove the TRD OFF-ROAD

Get a GX, it’s a step up in most areas. Especially if you’re not going to actually drive off road. The GX and 4Runner don’t share the same platform. The GX is on the same platform as the Land Cruiser Prado, which is sold in various world markets outside the US.
I think it’d have to be a 2020-2021 GX. Old user interface looks like stuck in the 90’s Image
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:15 pm

Wario406 wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:21 pm
I tried to resist commenting, but hoppy saying “own it forever” is killing me.
If you live in a part of the world where they don't salt the roads, a Toyota will practically last forever.

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:03 am

So long Defender, and hello GV70

koda240
Hot Legs!
Name: David

Post by koda240 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:21 am

I’ve heard nothing but positive feedback on the genesis models lately. Nice one!

Well, I posted a defender a few months ago and my vehicle situation is constantly changing. Still own the defender that’s for sale, but bought a new S580 Mercedes. Two months later my wife got in a wreck (not her fault) and they totaled the car. The ordeal cost me 35k. Such bullshit.

Silver lining is that I wanted the E63s last year but they didn’t make it. They do for this year and it’s the last year for this bi-turbo V8 so I was happy to scoop up the one I wanted recently. Still in the honeymoon phase. Love it.

mellonb1
Name: Brian

Post by mellonb1 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:17 pm

Got the Bronco WildTrak Sasquach back in March as my second vehicle. Sits in the garage and driven infrequently but fun to drive.

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:10 pm

Great truck! Trade you a Starbucks for it.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:36 pm

mellonb1 wrote:Got the Bronco WildTrak Sasquach back in March as my second vehicle. Sits in the garage and driven infrequently but fun to drive.

Very nice. I had a day 1 reservation for the Bronco, I was getting the Black Diamond 2 door in Area 51, but there were so many delays I ended up getting something else and canceling the reservation. Now I regret it every time I see one.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

jswing

Post by jswing » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:38 pm

koda240 wrote:I’ve heard nothing but positive feedback on the genesis models lately. Nice one!

Well, I posted a defender a few months ago and my vehicle situation is constantly changing. Still own the defender that’s for sale, but bought a new S580 Mercedes. Two months later my wife got in a wreck (not her fault) and they totaled the car. The ordeal cost me 35k. Such bullshit.

Silver lining is that I wanted the E63s last year but they didn’t make it. They do for this year and it’s the last year for this bi-turbo V8 so I was happy to scoop up the one I wanted recently. Still in the honeymoon phase. Love it.
That's gorgeous. How could you have lost $35k on the totalled S? Especially if your wife wasn't at fault, you should have been made whole.

jswing

Post by jswing » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:39 pm

unsub073 wrote:So long Defender, and hello GV70

Nice! I've never driven a Genisis but they look awesome.

koda240
Hot Legs!

Post by koda240 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:46 pm

jswing wrote:
koda240 wrote:I’ve heard nothing but positive feedback on the genesis models lately. Nice one!

That's gorgeous. How could you have lost $35k on the totalled S? Especially if your wife wasn't at fault, you should have been made whole.

Thank you!

Ya I know it seems insane and that’s because it is. Even my attorney said there’s nothing I could do. Doesn’t help that it was a 20 yr old chick who hit her in a scion. The other issue is that out of all times to see an influx of S580 models it was now. There were so many after catch up from Covid hitting thr market that the pricing to replace it was less than I wanted. Then, they screwed me out of ceramic tint, clear bra, wheels, pre paid maintenance, etc. shit show.

jswing

Post by jswing » Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:54 pm

koda240 wrote:
jswing wrote:

Thank you!

Ya I know it seems insane and that’s because it is. Even my attorney said there’s nothing I could do. Doesn’t help that it was a 20 yr old chick who hit her in a scion. The other issue is that out of all times to see an influx of S580 models it was now. There were so many after catch up from Covid hitting thr market that the pricing to replace it was less than I wanted. Then, they screwed me out of ceramic tint, clear bra, wheels, pre paid maintenance, etc. shit show.
That sucks, sorry to hear that. But the E is a great silver lining, and that's the best Mercedes color there is IMO.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:48 pm

mellonb1 wrote:Got the Bronco WildTrak Sasquach back in March as my second vehicle. Sits in the garage and driven infrequently but fun to drive.

Nice one, congrats!

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:51 pm

Lovely car! All German cars should be some shade of silver, as God intended.

Hopefully the Mrs. is ok.

koda240
Hot Legs!

Post by koda240 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:36 am

hoppyjr wrote:

Thanks Hop. Ya she’s a-ok now.

mellonb1
Name: Brian

Post by mellonb1 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:50 am

jswing wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:36 pm

Very nice. I had a day 1 reservation for the Bronco, I was getting the Black Diamond 2 door in Area 51, but there were so many delays I ended up getting something else and canceling the reservation. Now I regret it every time I see one.
Thanks Jeff, RJ, and Hop.

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:47 pm

jswing wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:39 pm
unsub073 wrote:So long Defender, and hello GV70

Nice! I've never driven a Genisis but they look awesome.

It's way more practical to live with than the Defender was, and way more fun to drive down here in FL.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:56 pm

just picked this up over the weekend. sold our 2007 volvo s60 and got a rav4 prime xse. the red is looser to the second photo, the sun was really harshly bright this morning.
IMG_0082.jpg
IMG_0081.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:04 pm

gwells wrote:just picked this up over the weekend. sold our 2007 volvo s60 and got a rav4 prime xse. the red is looser to the second photo, the sun was really harshly bright this morning.
IMG_0082.jpg
IMG_0081.jpg
Nice one, congrats!

That’s about the only hybrid/electric I’d even consider; Toyota reliability, quick, efficient, and you can take an actual road trip in it.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:15 pm

thanks! yeah, it was by far the best choice out there, i think. the longest electric only range of all the PHEV SUVs (42m), the most power by far, every review put it at the top of the list. and it drives really well. and the sound system's not bad for a stock system, either. not that i could replace it easily like i've done in every other car i've owned.

it's going to take some getting used to. we had two 2007 vehicles, so this was our first new car in 16 years. my wife's volvo was loaded, but "2007" loaded. so much more technology in cars today.

djh1201
Name: David H.

Post by djh1201 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:50 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:51 pm

Agreed on silver for german cars - my latest pickup!

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:03 pm

djh1201 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Always loved the E46 M3. Congrats!

CesarG
Mexican
Name: Cesar

Post by CesarG » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:04 pm

Going on 10 years with it and 130,XXX miles.

djh1201
Name: David H.

Post by djh1201 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:20 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:03 pm
djh1201 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Always loved the E46 M3. Congrats!
Thanks, love them myself, this is my 2nd one. Getting ready to sell my old one (which I had for 11 years, a record for me).