What do you drive???

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Re: What do you drive???

Post by Steve O. » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:57 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:51 pm
koda240 wrote:I’ve heard nothing but positive feedback on the genesis models lately. Nice one!

Well, I posted a defender a few months ago and my vehicle situation is constantly changing. Still own the defender that’s for sale, but bought a new S580 Mercedes. Two months later my wife got in a wreck (not her fault) and they totaled the car. The ordeal cost me 35k. Such bullshit.

Silver lining is that I wanted the E63s last year but they didn’t make it. They do for this year and it’s the last year for this bi-turbo V8 so I was happy to scoop up the one I wanted recently. Still in the honeymoon phase. Love it.

Lovely car! All German cars should be some shade of silver, as God intended.

Hopefully the Mrs. is ok.
I agree. All German cars should be silver, especially Mercedes. Our last two were, and so is our current E550. Yours is beautiful, and I'm glad your wife is okay.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:33 pm

Steve O. wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:57 am
hoppyjr wrote:
koda240 wrote:I’ve heard nothing but positive feedback on the genesis models lately. Nice one!

Well, I posted a defender a few months ago and my vehicle situation is constantly changing. Still own the defender that’s for sale, but bought a new S580 Mercedes. Two months later my wife got in a wreck (not her fault) and they totaled the car. The ordeal cost me 35k. Such bullshit.

Silver lining is that I wanted the E63s last year but they didn’t make it. They do for this year and it’s the last year for this bi-turbo V8 so I was happy to scoop up the one I wanted recently. Still in the honeymoon phase. Love it.

I agree. All German cars should be silver, especially Mercedes. Our last two were, and so is our current E550. Yours is beautiful, and I'm glad your wife is okay.
Or red if they're German hatchbacks. I might be biased.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:42 pm

Torrid wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

In old racing circles, Germans were always silver.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:48 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:42 pm
Torrid wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

In old racing circles, Germans were always silver.
Oh absolutely. Silver was my original intention.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:43 am

dnslater wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:26 am
dukerules wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:18 pm
I went from a 911 and then an RS3 to this plodding beast. Perfect car for this area, where it floods every other week.
Beautiful. I have a Lunar Rock ORP on order.
Nice! Had to shop around for a couple of months, and then wait a couple of months, but I got the exact spec I wanted: Lunar Rock ORP with KDSS (pretty rare) with the XP package which gives you blacked-out emblems, the TRD Pro grille, TRD Pro wheels, and Nitro ridge grapplers. I'll probably do a mild lift and get some rock sliders for full poseur effect, but I'm really happy with it stock. Torn on replacing the silver valances for black ones but the silver actually works well with the color and gives it that old-school steel bumper-ish look. And Lunar Rock is just the best 4R color :love:

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:50 am

dukerules wrote:
dnslater wrote:
dukerules wrote:
I went from a 911 and then an RS3 to this plodding beast. Perfect car for this area, where it floods every other week.
Nice! Had to shop around for a couple of months, and then wait a couple of months, but I got the exact spec I wanted: Lunar Rock ORP with KDSS (pretty rare) with the XP package which gives you blacked-out emblems, the TRD Pro grille, TRD Pro wheels, and Nitro ridge grapplers. I'll probably do a mild lift and get some rock sliders for full poseur effect, but I'm really happy with it stock. Torn on replacing the silver valances for black ones but the silver actually works well with the color and gives it that old-school steel bumper-ish look. And Lunar Rock is just the best 4R color :love:
That’s mine too, but in MAGA white Image

The black valances would look great, but Google the parts and save from what the dealer charges. You need to remove the bumper skins F&R to access the little clips, but it’s simple and there are YouTube videos to show you how. Another option is to remove them, scuff with a scotch-brite pad, then paint with Plasti-Dip. Easy enough to touch that up and frankly way less expensive.

If you haven’t, check out my build thread on the 4Runner forums for additional ideas.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:54 am

dukerules wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:43 am
dnslater wrote:
dukerules wrote:
Nice

I had to sacrifice the KDSS, but am ok with it as I wanted a Lunar Rock and since I ordered last month I had limited options. My build just arrived by boat to Portland and is literally the last batch of Lunar Rock's as they switched over to 2024 VIN's two week's after it was built and dropped LR from the lineup. Planning to do a similar blackout treatment with TRD pro wheels and Nito's. Will wait and see on the valance also. Some good threads on wrapping it with black vinyl too.

Zidane
Stevie's Nick

Post by Zidane » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:52 pm

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:40 pm

Zidane wrote:Image
Sweet car. They run hard and have an awesome soundtrack.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

dnslater

Post by dnslater » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:17 pm

After three German cars I needed a palate cleanser. So became a DWC cliche with a 4Runner.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:24 pm

dnslater wrote:After three German cars I needed a palate cleanser. So became a DWC cliche with a 4Runner.

It’s nice when the balls drop and we figure it out. Mine did last October. Image

If I didn’t already, these are inexpensive (about $20) and cover those two chrome strips in grille with matte black. Easy way to resolve that.

HIGH FLYING For Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro, Sport 2020 2021 2022 2023 Car Accessories Front Middle Grille Matte Blackout Center Grille Inserts Cover Trims ABS 2PCS https://a.co/d/9AvjAgt

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:03 am

dnslater wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:17 pm
After three German cars I needed a palate cleanser. So became a DWC cliche with a 4Runner.

Oh yeah. Love it! Would consider doing the TRD Pro grille mod, but looks great just how it is. Last year of the 4R in Lunar Rock too.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:30 am

I needed a new commuter now that I no longer have a police car. I found an extremely low mileage Mazda CX-5 Touring at the local Carmax. It’s no Cayenne, but it gets me back and forth in comfort.

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

dnslater

Post by dnslater » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:58 pm

dukerules wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:03 am
dnslater wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 3:17 pm

Oh yeah. Love it! Would consider doing the TRD Pro grille mod, but looks great just how it is. Last year of the 4R in Lunar Rock too.
Yeah just blacking a few things out for now. This was in the last batch of 500 Lunar Rocks made in mid September before they switched to 2024 production.

dnslater

Post by dnslater » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:17 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:30 am
I needed a new commuter now that I no longer have a police car. I found an extremely low mileage Mazda CX-5 Touring at the local Carmax. It’s no Cayenne, but it gets me back and forth in comfort.

Those are good looking vehicles. My wife’s last two cars have been lightly used buys from Carmax. Both times in and out in less than an hour. Love the efficiency of that place. No upselling bullshit.

When I was at the Toyota dealer yesterday you would have thought I stole the guys first born by the way he reacted when I turned down the extended warranty and paint protection. He almost cried.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:20 pm

They make tons on those extended warranties. It’s an ancient tried and true Toyota. Don’t think an extended warranty is money well spent.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:28 pm

dnslater wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:

Those are good looking vehicles. My wife’s last two cars have been lightly used buys from Carmax. Both times in and out in less than an hour. Love the efficiency of that place. No upselling bullshit.

When I was at the Toyota dealer yesterday you would have thought I stole the guys first born by the way he reacted when I turned down the extended warranty and paint protection. He almost cried.
They really do make it painless. My last car was from them and was perfect until it started falling apart. That wasn’t their fault, though.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:44 pm

dukerules wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:20 pm
They make tons on those extended warranties. It’s an ancient tried and true Toyota. Don’t think an extended warranty is money well spent.
I’m not trying to suggest the extended warranty, but if you ever want it, you can get it any time prior to 3 years / 36K miles.

You also don’t need to buy it from your dealer. There are certain dealers who offer them at more competitive prices. The Toyota extended warranty is essentially a commodity, so just go with the best offer.

There is a thread on Tacoma World listing who happens to be offering the best price at any given time.

Just my PSA for the day.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:24 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Congratulations! Of the Japanese brands, I think Mazda builds the most mechanically and aesthetically interesting vehicles. They also do a killer red paint.

djh1201
Name: David H.

Post by djh1201 » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:05 pm

Mazdas are great! CX-5 is top of the list for a used car to get my daughter when she starts driving. Seriously considering a CX-90/CX-70 as our next family car (getting tired of paying for repairs on my BMWs).

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:15 pm

dnslater wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:

My brother in law makes way more money selling extended warranties than he does selling cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:26 pm

that was the hardest sell we got at the dealership, the extended warranty. everyone else was pretty chill about add ons. i guess it was pretty obvious to them that i knew exactly what i wanted and i had already done all the negotiating before we even went to the dealership. but man, the finance guy put on the annoying hard press. i had to kick my wife under the table a couple of times to keep her from engaging with him. he was classic old-school dealer pressure. my salesman was great. no hassles at all.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:34 pm

djh1201 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:05 pm
Mazdas are great! CX-5 is top of the list for a used car to get my daughter when she starts driving. Seriously considering a CX-90/CX-70 as our next family car (getting tired of paying for repairs on my BMWs).
That CX-90 looks sweet. I've always been a fan of inline-6s

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:59 pm

NEw purchase for me. Traded the Alfa for a new Tesla Model Y Long Range. Man what a fun car. My first EVImage
first EV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:01 pm

ericf4 wrote:NEw purchase for me. Traded the Alfa for a new Tesla Model Y Long Range. Man what a fun car. My first EVImage
first EV.

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer