What do you drive???

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
pacifichrono
Name: Tom

Re: What do you drive???

Post by pacifichrono » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:12 pm

koda240 wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:26 am
1988 Land Rover Defender restomod built by ECD. I currently have it for sale and spreading the word before I ship it to California for consignment. Any takers?

What I'd like to know is...how many times have those roof rollover bars been tested? :dance:
Regards from Sunny San Diego.............Tom

pacifichrono

Post by pacifichrono » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:19 pm

Haven't had a chance to get it in front of my camera, but Mrs PC and I just picked up a new red CR-V EX-L AWD Turbo like this one:

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:14 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
Selym wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:35 pm
hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:49 pm
BacoNoir wrote:I identify as lesbian too. I love Image
Hey fellow lesbian…..remember, one doesn’t need a Image to be a girl. This clown has been a girl for a whole year. Image

If you drink Bud Lite or any Anheuser-Busch products, you should know they believe this and put their money where his junk is.

Geez, what the hell are they putting in that swill? :puke:
Obvious answer - tranny fluid
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:18 pm

Bought my wife a new CX5, loadedC AWD and turbo engine. She love it.
I got rid of my bmw and am searching for a new vehicle Image

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:24 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:Bought my wife a new CX5, loadedC AWD and turbo engine. She love it.
I got rid of my bmw and am searching for a new vehicle Image
Nice ride!

Those are fun to drive and pretty snappy with the turbo. Mazda does the best red too. Congrats.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:42 am

Mazda is my favorite Japanese brand (considering what they have available here in the USA). I think they still have a great value proposition, they are more expensive but it’s usually a near-luxury experience.

Otherwise I think today the Koreans offer the best value for money. I have a 2023 Hyundai palisade SEL and when sitting inside it’s borderline unbelievable that it’s “only” a $40k car

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:08 pm

Mazda is killing it right now. They’ve been one of my favorite automakers for a long time. The brand spankin’ new cx-90 is very nice. They finally put an inline 6 in it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

djh1201
Name: David H.

Post by djh1201 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:59 pm

Agreed on Mazda, I've had two X5s now, but I am looking forward to driving the new CX-70 as it looks like a serious competitor!

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:51 pm

ezcheese wrote:Mazda is killing it right now. They’ve been one of my favorite automakers for a long time. The brand spankin’ new cx-90 is very nice. They finally put an inline 6 in it.
That may be my next car. I got rid my my bmw

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:28 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:51 pm
ezcheese wrote:Mazda is killing it right now. They’ve been one of my favorite automakers for a long time. The brand spankin’ new cx-90 is very nice. They finally put an inline 6 in it.
Nice! I’ve been planning to buy a Miata for several years now. I’m pretty sure I’ll get one after my Tundra is paid off. I’ve missed spirited driving too much since we paired down from 3 to 2 vehicles In our last shake up in 2021. While the land cruiser and tundra are great for off roading and long trips, they’re not fun to drive on the road!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:35 am

ezcheese wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Nice! I’ve been planning to buy a Miata for several years now. I’m pretty sure I’ll get one after my Tundra is paid off. I’ve missed spirited driving too much since we paired down from 3 to 2 vehicles In our last shake up in 2021. While the land cruiser and tundra are great for off roading and long trips, they’re not fun to drive on the road!
I was thinking of getting an older LX or GX too but has mileage sucks particularly in LX and it’s such a big vehicle for a daily

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:15 am

ezcheese wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
You go and rock that Miata, boy! Get a matching silk scarf and heels to complete the look.

🥸

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:26 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:15 am
ezcheese wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
You go and rock that Miata, boy! Get a matching silk scarf and heels to complete the look.

🥸
Real sports car enthusiasts know how pure of a driving experience the miata provides. It won’t be covered in aftermarket accessories to make it look more capable than it actually is :whistle:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur

Post by ezcheese » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:28 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:35 am
ezcheese wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
I was thinking of getting an older LX or GX too but has mileage sucks particularly in LX and it’s such a big vehicle for a daily
An older LX or GX would be super reliable for sure, but yeah both are gas guzzlers!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:41 pm

ezcheese wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:15 am
ezcheese wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:

🥸
Real sports car enthusiasts know how pure of a driving experience the miata provides. It won’t be covered in aftermarket accessories to make it look more capable than it actually is :whistle:
No, the accessories are for the driver!

Yes, I’m just pulling your chain (not the one on your nipples!)

I bought a 1997 M-Edition for the (then) wife. I drove it and it was a blast. I could only get in/out with the top down, because I’m apparently too tall. Also, my head was above the windshield pillar.

Ours looked like this

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:50 pm

ezcheese wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
When we got my wife’s CX5 last week I sat in the new Miata(forget new name) and I could barely get out Image almost had to put my hand on the ground Image

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:49 pm

The Miyata is a great car, but borderline unusable if one’s 6ft or taller.
I’m not that tall (6’1”) and a bit overweight (200lbs) but felt like I was sitting on the ground in a toddler toy car.

I need my car to be comfortable before anything else

hoppyjr
HJ

What do you drive???

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:34 pm

Baffo wrote:The Miyata is a great car, but borderline unusable if one’s 6ft or taller.
I’m not that tall (6’1”) and a bit overweight (200lbs) but felt like I was sitting on the ground in a toddler toy car.

The Cheese has a pickup for comfort. He’s looking for a sporty little ride to enjoy spirited driving in, and to pick up dudes.

djh1201
Name: David H.

Post by djh1201 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:34 am

Baffo wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:49 pm
The Miyata is a great car, but borderline unusable if one’s 6ft or taller.

I'm pushing 6'5" and had earlier Miatas for years. Had to take the arm rest off them to have enough leg room between the door and the steering wheel, and my head would hit the crossbars every time I hit a big bump! Oh to be young again...

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:39 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:34 pm
The Cheese has a pickup for comfort. He’s looking for a sporty little ride to enjoy spirited driving in, and to pick up dudes.
[/quote]

That would make for a great second car for sure.
I still think I’d go for a V8 Camaro or Mustang, which I feel are more appropriate to the USA’s road shape/size (plus are more comfortable).

Anyway one can’t really go wrong with Japanese sports cars. I’ve been lusting over a new Corolla GR for example.

425ranger
OMGWTFBBQ
Name: Bill

Post by 425ranger » Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:27 pm

F250 w/ 273k. Travel, hauling and boat use. My Swiss army knife. Lil jeep jk for running around the key.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Retired
Key West, FL
Have a sparkling day.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:50 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:50 pm
ezcheese wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
When we got my wife’s CX5 last week I sat in the new Miata(forget new name) and I could barely get out Image almost had to put my hand on the ground Image
Your arms are just too long Brice! ;) :lol:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Seth
Guy who shoots guns

Post by Seth » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:46 pm

What’s new in my ever changing garage?

I have a Janus Halcyon, a Honda monkey, a boxster enduro car (finished its first 24 hour race)

And

Cheeze’s Miata.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pacifichrono

Post by pacifichrono » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:48 pm

Speaking of Mazdas, my first was a brand new 1972 RX-2, with the rotary engine, of course! My sixth was a CX-5. Awesome cars. The '72 was one of my favorite new cars, of 41 total. Mine was silver, though. Sounded like a Boeing 707 on take-off!

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:02 am

ezcheese wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
I’m 6’2” and I drove a friend’s Miata when they first came out and I had to drive it with the top down and looking over the windshield. Have they gotten any roomier?
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006