2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
SoCal C4S
Posts: 3246
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:05 am
Name: RJ

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by SoCal C4S » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:28 am

If I were after a sporty SUV, it would be the Jaguar. That exhaust note is intoxicating.

User avatar
DoctorC
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 am
Name: Greg
Location: In my happy place

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by DoctorC » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:33 am

zepp21 wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:25 am
hoppyjr wrote:
DoctorC wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:08 am
Cool Stelvio!!!!
Ditto! That Trofeo white is so amazing in person.
The way the color changes in the light, pictures don't do it justice. :love:
Get a room you two.
Can I join? Image

I certainly have mixed feelings on it. It’s been a “meh” vehicle for me. Fun to drive but I have had some issues and maintenance costs have not been great. It’s fun in the twisted roads and has nice power but it’s too small and tight for any long drives IMO. Last dealership bill at the 24month maintenance was just under $1k with the oil change. My next vehicle will be a tundra with plenty of room and low maintenance...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luckily, I do most of my own maintenance.
Spark plugs? 20 minutes, Super easy.
Oil change? One of the easiest vehicles to change oil on that I have owned.
The only thing I had the dealership do was change the cabin air filter as I didn't feel like playing contortionist under the dash.
The maintenance charges at dealerships vary widely from decent but pricey to (as in your case) WTF? Do I get a happy ending BJ WITH THAT?
I bought the multiecuscan software and obd reader to allow me to reset maintenence required warnings and more.
Greg

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 6489
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by dnslater » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:38 am

SoCal C4S wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:28 am
If I were after a sporty SUV, it would be the Jaguar. That exhaust note is intoxicating.
I get the combination of power and efficiency of a 2.0 Turbo as my two last cars have had them, but they have become completely ubiquitous now in most mid tier cars/SUV's and almost none of them sound good, including most base Jags with come with them.

Jaguar does beautiful things with the sound of their 6 cylinder cars though. The V-6 F-type is probably one of the best sounding cars on the market.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 17483
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 am

I guess it’s not surprising given the cost of watches, but there are a lot of rich mofos on here.

While I could probably afford an expensive car, the thought of beating one to shit all winter is too much for my cheap self.

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 14869
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by dukerules » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:02 am

Expensive cars seem like one of the worst investments possible, perhaps behind only boats and a few illegal things.

User avatar
DoctorC
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 am
Name: Greg
Location: In my happy place

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by DoctorC » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:20 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 am
I guess it’s not surprising given the cost of watches, but there are a lot of rich mofos on here.

While I could probably afford an expensive car, the thought of beating one to shit all winter is too much for my cheap self.
I'm sure the are a few rich mofos on here, but I am certainly not one of them :lol:

Just for clarity, the Stelvio I bought was a previous 2 year lease.
I got it for just under 30k..
That's less that the 2019 rav 4 adventure I was looking at at the time.

It is my daily driver, summers, camping, snowboarding.... And fun to drive at the same time.
It replaced my 1998 Isuzu trooper that my daughter took over when she got her license. (speaking of mpg, that one, with the lift and bigger tires got about 10-11 mpg :raised:).
IMG_20200102_091846365.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DoctorC on Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greg

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 17483
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:36 am

DoctorC wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:20 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:56 am
I guess it’s not surprising given the cost of watches, but there are a lot of rich mofos on here.

While I could probably afford an expensive car, the thought of beating one to shit all winter is too much for my cheap self.
Just for clarity, the Stelvio I bought was a previous 2 year lease.
I got it for just under 30k..
That's less that the 2019 rav 4 adventure I was looking at at the time.
That seems very reasonable. Just to be clear, I wasn’t judging. If I lived somewhere with good weather, didn’t have a child, and had a wife that worked (wasn’t ill), I’d probably own a Porsche GT2.

User avatar
zepp21
Posts: 5131
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:09 pm
Name: Alex
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by zepp21 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:45 am

Oh and the depreciation on these is crazy too. 3year lease with a MSRP of 50k. End of lease worth? 26k :raised: Again, fun to lease but my cheap ass is done with this when my wife can lease a BMW X3 for less, get all maintenance included and is much more refined all around.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15437
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by ericf4 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:12 pm

i lease so dont care much about long term anything on my cars.....lol.....I basically rent cars, enjoy them and turn them back in....ill be covered by warranty the whole lease i believe..
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 9418
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by 59yukon01 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:41 pm

I buy and keep for best ROI. Bought my 1st Yukon SLT brand new in 2001 for around $36K after discounts. Kept it until 2019 after putting 246K miles on it. Sold it to my stepson for $3K who still has it. I take care of my vehicles in hopes they last.

It never needed anything but routine maintenance, so in reality, not counting gas, it probably cost me about $2500 a year to own over those 18 years.

This is what it looked like when I sold it.

Bought the white 2016 Yukon SLT in 2019 under the CPO program. Love it. ImageImageImage

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by unsub073 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:02 pm

Someone in this thread was waiting on the Defender V8's.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3558 ... -revealed/
In the 2022 Land Rover Defender, it'll spit out 518 horsepower and 461 pound-feet of torque—the same output as the Range Rover Sport Autobiography. The blown V-8 will be available in both two-door 90 and four-door 110 models, and it's mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with four-wheel drive.
We expect that the 2022 Land Rover Defender V8 will start around $85,000 for the two-door 90 and around $90,000 for the four-door 110 model.

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 6116
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by jtbenson » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:09 pm

unsub073 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:02 pm
Someone in this thread was waiting on the Defender V8's.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3558 ... -revealed/
In the 2022 Land Rover Defender, it'll spit out 518 horsepower and 461 pound-feet of torque—the same output as the Range Rover Sport Autobiography. The blown V-8 will be available in both two-door 90 and four-door 110 models, and it's mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with four-wheel drive.
We expect that the 2022 Land Rover Defender V8 will start around $85,000 for the two-door 90 and around $90,000 for the four-door 110 model.
can't get the explorer pack or country pack with the v8.
honestly, with those limitations, i'd just go ranger rover for max luxury to go with that boom boom powa?
Image

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by unsub073 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:54 am

jtbenson wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:09 pm
unsub073 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:02 pm
Someone in this thread was waiting on the Defender V8's.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3558 ... -revealed/
In the 2022 Land Rover Defender, it'll spit out 518 horsepower and 461 pound-feet of torque—the same output as the Range Rover Sport Autobiography. The blown V-8 will be available in both two-door 90 and four-door 110 models, and it's mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission with four-wheel drive.
We expect that the 2022 Land Rover Defender V8 will start around $85,000 for the two-door 90 and around $90,000 for the four-door 110 model.
can't get the explorer pack or country pack with the v8.
honestly, with those limitations, i'd just go ranger rover for max luxury to go with that boom boom powa?
Just got the confirmed build date on mine of 2/22. I am supposed to get the boat number so if I want to track it, I can. There was a delay, and the build date was 10 days later than my original one. I am guessing that will push my delivery date to somewhere around Apr. 12ish.

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 6116
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by jtbenson » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:13 am

congrats chris!
v8?
Image

User avatar
unsub073
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by unsub073 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:37 am

jtbenson wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:13 am
congrats chris!
v8?
I wish, but that option wasn't available at the time when I ordered mine, so its coming w/the 6. Then again, I think it would be hard to justify another 30k just for the engine upgrade.

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 14869
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by dukerules » Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:54 am

Congrats to those getting new Defenders. Very jealous.
Watched a recent YouTube video on the Bronco Badlands. Man I have so much want right now.

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 6116
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by jtbenson » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:51 am

unsub073 wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:37 am
jtbenson wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:13 am
congrats chris!
v8?
I wish, but that option wasn't available at the time when I ordered mine, so its coming w/the 6. Then again, I think it would be hard to justify another 30k just for the engine upgrade.
totally agree. and as I said earlier, at that price point, and not having any "overlandesque" packages available, i'd just go range rover instead.
I have to say, I haven't found a scenario when I was wanting for torque or power with the 6.
the hybrid>turbo>blower yields a very linear delivery that is more than up for the mass at hand.
i remain extremely satisfied to date.
had it out in the snow/mud over the weekend on a relative's as yet undeveloped property and was grinning from ear to ear the whole time.
Image

User avatar
BlueSky
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:47 pm
Name: David

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by BlueSky » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:07 pm

Dang, I have not been keeping up with this thread. Congrats Chris and others. Just looked at the specs. Is anyone buying the V8 in the Defender? Got to be badass and the 6 looks plenty badass...

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 7789
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by jswing » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:10 pm

dukerules wrote:Congrats to those getting new Defenders. Very jealous.
Watched a recent YouTube video on the Bronco Badlands. Man I have so much want right now.
I have serious remorse about giving up my day one reservation. I technically haven't cancelled it yet, but I don't want to trade in anything I have and can't justify another vehicle.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Last edited by jswing on Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:55 pm

Lol every time this thread gets bumped, I’m expecting to see a Bronco pic :crybaby:
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
93 Turbo
Posts: 4444
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 pm
Name: Jules
Location: Oz

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by 93 Turbo » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:15 am

Was thinking the same Paul, how long dose it take...
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 4742
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:08 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:55 pm
Lol every time this thread gets bumped, I’m expecting to see a Bronco pic :crybaby:
Here you go, Paul.
F56A67F7-139F-4795-AF9C-5F777B7B9A6D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 7789
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by jswing » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:12 am

deepcdvr wrote:Lol every time this thread gets bumped, I’m expecting to see a Bronco pic :crybaby:
Here are a couple shots of a pre-production base.

ImageImage

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk


User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 12466
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:53 pm

^^^ ha

Thanks guys! You rock
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 9464
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Southern CA

Re: 2021 Ford Bronco Release - 7/13

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:55 am

Saw this yellow Bronco today being towed on a trailer, packaged like a toy in a mock-up toy-box. Was on the 710 at speed so no picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Hapa

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests