New MTB full suspension

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
hobbit712
Name: Steve

New MTB full suspension

Post by hobbit712 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:35 pm

After riding my 26+ steel hardtail for the past 2 years I finally pulled the trigger on a new full suspension MTB. :headbang:

I have rented a few over the course of the past few years to see what the hype was all about. Most of those rides were on unfamiliar bikes (duh :shrug: ) on unfamiliar trails. I week or so ago I rented another at Alafia (near Tampa) for 2 hours. They are the ONLY rental place that has bikes anywhere near here. The suspension was set up properly and it made for the best rental yet. While those trails were new they were similar to other Florida trails I am used to. It took some getting used to the wider bars and 29 inch tires but overall a good experience.

So... the research mode had already kicked in over the past few months. There is s till a shortage of bikes and a lot of shops are out of stock. I was trying to find the best value for around $2500-3000. I was pretty much settled on a Polygon Siskiu T7. I cant find any bad reviews on it. However, they are out of stock also. Canyon are out of stock. Fezzari out of my price range for what I think I "need." :whistle:

I bought my Jamis hardtail from JensonUSA and it was a great overall experience. They seem to be closing out Diamondback and are offering a 20% discount on what they have in stock. I did more research and Diamondback have their detractors after going direct sale on Amazon and Walmart. But I couldn't find any bad reviews on some of the mid grade full suspension bikes.

So today I ordered a Diamondback Release 29 3. Some in house parts on the bike including rims, bars and stem but the other components are top notch. Hopefully Jenson get its shipped quickly. :thumbsup:

I have to justify the purchase to the SWMBO. So a couple watches may appear the sale corner in the next week or so. :whistle: I did mange to sell a pistol to my Dad already. :dance: That really wasnt planned. I jut asked him the value of the pistol as he is a gun aficionado. He tells me the value and says I'll take it. EZ-PZ. :clap:

Here are a few specs and pics.

FEATURES
  • Hydroformed aluminum frame with Level Link Suspension and Boost spacing
  • Shimano XT drivetrain performs exceptionally well in demanding terrain
  • Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes provide superior stopping power
  • Tubeless-ready rims and tires for a smoother ride, better traction, and fewer flats
  • KS LEV Integra Dropper Post quickly lifts and lowers your saddle with the press of a lever
SPECIFICATIONS
FRAME Hydroformed Aluminum
FORK Fox 34 Performance Float, 140mm Travel
REAR SHOCK Fox Performance Float DPX2 LV EVOL, 200 x 57mm
HEADSET FSA No.57 Sealed Cartridge
SHIFTERS Shimano XT M8100
FRONT DERAILLEUR Nope
REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano XT M8100 Shadow Plus SGS
CRANKSET Shimano XT, 32T
BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano BB-52
CHAIN Shimano XT M8100
CASSETTE Shimano XT, 10-51T
BRAKES Shimano XT M8100 Hydraulic Disc
WHEELSET Diamondback Blanchard 28R TR Rims, Aluminum Boost Hubs
TIRES Maxxis Minion DHF 2.3" EXO TLR, Minion DHR 2.3" EXO TLR
HANDLEBAR DB35 Aluminum, 760mm Wide, 15mm Rise
STEM DB35 Aluminum, 35mm Reach, 35mm Bore
GRIPS/BAR TAPE Ergon GE10 Evo Lock-On
SEATPOST KS LEV Integra Dropper w/ Westy Remote
SEATCLAMP Single-Bolt
SADDLE WTB Koda Race
INTENDED USE Trail, All-Mountain

Last edited by hobbit712 on Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

Selym
Name: Myles

Re: New MTB full suspension

Post by Selym » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:38 pm

Very nice! Have fun with it!

apnk
Supergluing Miscreant
Name: Juan

Post by apnk » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:19 pm

Awesome congrats. The DB Release 3, (27.5 inch version) was my first full squish bike a few years ago. I learned a bunch of bike maintenance stuff on that bike even how to service the fork and shock.

Bob1035
Name: Rob not Bob

Post by Bob1035 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:21 am

Nice work! Modern MTBs, especially full suspension, are just light years ahead of bike even 5 years old. Its amazing!

Boaz00000
Name: Boaz

Post by Boaz00000 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:33 pm

Got me one from a Walmart sale. But never knew the reason behind the sale.
overall I would say one of the best bikes I have ever purchased.
it is amazing. I am loving it.

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:06 pm

Boaz00000 wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:33 pm
Got me one from a Walmart sale. But never knew the reason behind the sale.
overall I would say one of the best bikes I have ever purchased.
it is amazing. I am loving it.
Welcome to the forum Boaz, how about popping into the main forum and giving us a proper intro :thumbsup: :grin:
Andy :uj:

Boaz00000
Name: Boaz

Post by Boaz00000 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:34 am

snootydog wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:06 pm

Welcome to the forum Boaz, how about popping into the main forum and giving us a proper intro :thumbsup: :grin:
Thank you.
sure,
I will introduce myself on the main forum. :) :)
I couldn't find the section. can you please help me? Where can I get the introduction thread?

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:33 am

Congrats! Nice specs. Don't laugh but I'd been riding a Specialized Hard Rock 26 that I bought 30+ years ago. It was not only a hardtail but didn't even have a front suspension. I loved that bike and rode it everywhere. Last month I finally replaced it with a Specialized Rockhopper Elite 27.5 and I just want to ride all day. It's a little bit of adjustment going 26 to 27.5, I can just imagine jumping to 29. I hope you get it fast and have a blast!

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:52 am

jswing wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:33 am
Congrats! Nice specs. Don't laugh but I'd been riding a Specialized Hard Rock 26 that I bought 30+ years ago. It was not only a hardtail but didn't even have a front suspension. I loved that bike and rode it everywhere. Last month I finally replaced it with a Specialized Rockhopper Elite 27.5 and I just want to ride all day. It's a little bit of adjustment going 26 to 27.5, I can just imagine jumping to 29. I hope you get it fast and have a blast!
Thanks Jeff. Looking forward to trying the new size tires. Bike should be here Monday. Probably wont get a chance to ride until Wednesday. I have to assemble the bike and I work both Monday and Tuesday. :banghead:
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:09 am

Boaz00000 wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:34 am
snootydog wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:06 pm

Thank you.
sure,
I will introduce myself on the main forum. :) :)
I couldn't find the section. can you please help me? Where can I get the introduction thread?
No special intro section, just post an intro thread and put some pics of your watches on it too if you like. :grin:
Andy :uj: