Rolling Stones

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Rolling Stones

Post by snootydog » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:54 am

Their first studio album of original material since 2005. I listened to it just now and it's good. They released "Angry" a few weeks ago and so far it's my favourite from the album and the official video is really clever and features the gorgeous Sydney Sweeney.
Now I can't believe at their age some technical wizardry wasn't used on Mick Jaggers voice and Keith Richards and Ronnie Woods guitar playing. With a few guest appearances including Paul McCartney on bass guitar for one track.
Well worth a listen.
Andy :uj:

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Re: Rolling Stones

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:29 am

snootydog wrote:Their first studio album of original material since 2005. I listened to it just now and it's good. They released "Angry" a few weeks ago and so far it's my favourite from the album and the official video is really clever and features the gorgeous Sydney Sweeney.
Now I can't believe at their age some technical wizardry wasn't used on Mick Jaggers voice and Keith Richards and Ronnie Woods guitar playing. With a few guest appearances including Paul McCartney on bass guitar for one track.
Well worth a listen.
I saw Keith Richards on Fallon last night promoting the album. Looking forward to hearing it.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Sat Oct 21, 2023 1:57 pm

i'll listen, but i'll do with with low expectations. i didn't like their last original album a whole lot. still a fan of the old stuff though. hopefully they'll give me a pleasant surprise.

rain_maker
Name: Fred

Post by rain_maker » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:59 pm

Angry sounds like it could have been released 30 years ago (and thats a good thing). Looking forward to listening to the full album ...

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:45 pm

rain_maker wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:59 pm
Angry sounds like it could have been released 30 years ago (and thats a good thing). Looking forward to listening to the full album ...
Angry is probably my favourite from the album followed very closely by the track featuring Lady Gaga and Stevie Wonder, Sweet sounds of heaven, the 7min 22 seconds album version.
Andy :uj: