Seadweller in two tone? 126603

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Seadweller in two tone? 126603

Post by ncstate1201 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:49 am

Just saw this online. It has been around for a while I get it... Didnt see it mentioned on here yet, my apologies if already discussed.

I am a bit surprised by the choice. Between this and cyclops it is even closer to being another sub... just my 2 cents

While I am not a huge fan of two tone or a two tone seadweller, I will admit that it looks much better than I anticipated. So I am obviously a bit torn...though not lining up to get one. Any thoughts from the rest of the crew?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited by ncstate1201 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Re: Seadweller in two tone? 126603

Post by goaliechris » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:50 am

I really like it but don’t know if I could wear it. It shouldn’t work, and I am sure opinions will be very divided, but it kind of does for me. One of those I wish I could take on loan for a couple of days to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:48 am

ncstate1201 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:49 am
I am a bit surprised by the choice. Between this and cyclops it is even closer to being another sub... just my 2 cents
I'm just guessing about the target market, but the SD43 in general was almost certainly intended as an XL Sub before the new Sub 41 was released. With the new Sub, the size range has now been gradually increased across the board. So in that sense, Rolex knew a large part of the sports model demographic always leaned toward a two-tone option, and they are just giving them what they want. I really enjoyed wearing the SD43, and would definitely choose the red text dial because of how well done it is. The cyclops wasn't my favorite, but it's a fantastic watch if you need more than the 41mm Sub case.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:40 pm

ncstate1201 wrote:
Just saw this online. It has been around for a while I get it... Didnt see it mentioned on here yet, my apologies if already discussed.

While I am not a huge fan of two tone or a two tone seadweller, I will admit that it looks much better than I anticipated. So I am obviously a bit torn...though not lining up to get one. Any thoughts from the rest of the crew?

It's a Sub XL now, which is fine - I guess. The DSSD is the "real Sea Dweller" now.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:22 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:40 pm
ncstate1201 wrote:

It's a Sub XL now, which is fine - I guess. The DSSD is the "real Sea Dweller" now.
Yeah, lets face it, nobody is buying these as professional dive instruments like with the OG Sea Dweller. The new Sea Dweller is just a sub of a different flavor. I do prefer the look of the fully graduated bezel though.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:15 am

dnslater wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:22 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:40 pm
ncstate1201 wrote:

Yeah, lets face it, nobody is buying these as professional dive instruments like with the OG Sea Dweller. The new Sea Dweller is just a sub of a different flavor. I do prefer the look of the fully graduated bezel though.
Definitely. They’re rich men’s toys that might do some snorkeling on a luxury vacation.