My A.D. was dumped by Rolex!

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
john wilson
Name: supercalifragilistic

My A.D. was dumped by Rolex!

Post by john wilson » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:22 pm

After 20 years. Just like that! Why, I don't know. I guess they want more boutiques? But good news is on the last shipment my no date sub arrived.
Hi guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by john wilson on Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Remove booger hook from bang button until ready to make holes." Albert Einstein

ImageImage

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: My A.D. was dumped by Rolex!

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:27 pm

Congrats John!

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:50 pm

Saved the best for last, congrats.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Looks great, John, congrats!

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:18 pm

Congrats John! That’s the one to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:26 pm

Sorry/congrats and where have you been? :think:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

john wilson

Post by john wilson » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:00 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:26 pm
Sorry/congrats and where have you been? :think:
Hi Paul, been hiding this past year in the house. Watching lots of movie's. :rimshot:
"Remove booger hook from bang button until ready to make holes." Albert Einstein

ImageImage

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:12 pm

Congrats. Image glad you got one before they’ve got pulled.
Rolex demands a lot from AD and more have to open a Rolex only area. Our AD bought the space next door as dedicated Rolex area.
Why is beyond me given they can’t get watches :) but the model seems to be changing a bit and seem there is more product flow... to some extent.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Name: Nick

Post by Zidane » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:19 am

Hey John! Hope you've been well. Congrats on the no-date, that's a beautiful piece!

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:06 pm

Congrats on the No Date...

john wilson

Post by john wilson » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:29 pm

Thanks guys!!

ImageImage

Slipkid
Name: AJ

Post by Slipkid » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:12 pm

That’s a beauty John! Congratulations.
Cheers,
AJ
----
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

john wilson

Post by john wilson » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:52 pm

20210402_152133.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ImageImage

Mr_Pacman
Name: James

Post by Mr_Pacman » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:25 pm

Same thing happened here in Calgary. Brinkhaus, who have been in business for 80 years and been a Rolex dealer for close to 50 of those years was dumped by them. They also carry Patek and various other higher end brands so Rolex was probably on the lower end for what they carry but it certainly hurts revenue for them. They were in an old character house and had half of the upstairs dedicated to Rolex with the other half split between Patek, IWC and Cartier. I heard Rolex wanted them to expand the Rolex section and squeeze out the other brands.

john wilson

Post by john wilson » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:38 pm

I'm guessing Rolex just does not care having fewer stores and fewer watches for the fewer stores.

ImageImage

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:26 pm

john wilson wrote:I'm guessing Rolex just does not care having fewer stores and fewer watches for the fewer stores.
Yes, but it seems strange to demand the dealers expand to install in-store mini boutique type areas, then not provide any inventory. I’m thinking it might be better for an AD to dump Rolex and go Omega.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:26 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:26 pm
john wilson wrote:I'm guessing Rolex just does not care having fewer stores and fewer watches for the fewer stores.
Yes, but it seems strange to demand the dealers expand to install in-store mini boutique type areas, then not provide any inventory. I’m thinking it might be better for an AD to dump Rolex and go Omega.
I agree with you 100%, however the ADs still seem to stick with Rolex which suggests they’re making good money. I think ADs get plenty of watches that are then scooped up by grays and people traveling into and out of this country. Clearly there’s something funny going on because the number of people willing to spend $10k-$40k in a watch isn’t THAT high.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:53 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:26 am
hoppyjr wrote:
I agree with you 100%, however the ADs still seem to stick with Rolex which suggests they’re making good money. I think ADs get plenty of watches that are then scooped up by grays and people traveling into and out of this country. Clearly there’s something funny going on because the number of people willing to spend $10k-$40k in a watch isn’t THAT high.
Years ago I was traveling for work near OSU. One evening after dinner I went for a walk in some outdoor mall (Easton, OH, I think) and checked out a jewelry store there with an incredible Rolex inventory. They had multiple Smurfs, Daytona’s, etc. - all high end models.

I remember asking the salesman about the inventory and being a bit surprised that this local suburban OH demographic was buying these $30K + watches.

His response was the store would sell every Rolex watch in stock, with nearly 100% of the sales going to international OSU students who would wear them home for the winter break.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:08 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:53 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:26 am
hoppyjr wrote:
Years ago I was traveling for work near OSU. One evening after dinner I went for a walk in some outdoor mall (Easton, OH, I think) and checked out a jewelry store there with an incredible Rolex inventory. They had multiple Smurfs, Daytona’s, etc. - all high end models.

I remember asking the salesman about the inventory and being a bit surprised that this local suburban OH demographic was buying these $30K + watches.

His response was the store would sell every Rolex watch in stock, with nearly 100% of the sales going to international OSU students who would wear them home for the winter break.
This is my experience as well. These watches are easily concealed vehicles for transferring money into and out of countries with zero traceability.

Try traveling internationally with $180,000 in USD versus traveling with three platinum Rolex in a watch role. It’s a total different level of scrutiny.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:36 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
I’m thinking it might be better for an AD to dump Rolex and go Omega.
Yep. I am not sure how hard Omega is deal with but Rolex has always been assholes to their ad's.