Pepsi Rumors

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Pepsi Rumors

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:37 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:17 am
JP Chestnut wrote:I'm so sick of this shit. Elon Musk can send rockets into space but Rolex can't produce a fucking bezel? The ceramic bezels suck regardless of color.
If I were running Rolex I’d have made an aluminum bezel version of the Submariner, with lug holes & matte dial. Call it Submariner “Heritage” and sell a ton, even as same price as the ceramic.

But I’ve been saying this for years and it hasn’t happened, so not holding my breath.
Or just have Tudor do it. This watch

Made to modern Tudor standards would be amazing. SEL. Solid bracelet. Small Tudor glidelock clasp. AL insert. No brainer and it's so different to a modern Sub that it's not like Rolex sales would suffer.

Baffo

Post by Baffo » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:20 am

It would be better than modern Subs - I don’t thing they’re going to do it

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:51 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:37 pm
hoppyjr wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:I'm so sick of this shit. Elon Musk can send rockets into space but Rolex can't produce a fucking bezel? The ceramic bezels suck regardless of color.
If I were running Rolex I’d have made an aluminum bezel version of the Submariner, with lug holes & matte dial. Call it Submariner “Heritage” and sell a ton, even as same price as the ceramic.

But I’ve been saying this for years and it hasn’t happened, so not holding my breath.

Made to modern Tudor standards would be amazing. SEL. Solid bracelet. Small Tudor glidelock clasp. AL insert. No brainer and it's so different to a modern Sub that it's not like Rolex sales would suffer.
What’s up Jacob good to see you.
Isn’t Black Bay line of Tudor answered all of these wants?

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:42 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:51 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Thanks, bud. Things are settling down a bit.

While I really like the various smaller BB versions (I think they're unbeatable in quality to price, when used) this:

seems more like a modern version of a gilt-era vintage watch, the thing that appeals to me about the 79190/16610/14060M is that they bridge the gap between a real vintage Rolex and the modern bigger ceramic models. I'm a big fan of the 1990-2000 neo vintage models and Tudor isn't really hitting those notes.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:05 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:42 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:51 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Thanks, bud. Things are settling down a bit.

While I really like the various smaller BB versions (I think they're unbeatable in quality to price, when used) this:

seems more like a modern version of a gilt-era vintage watch, the thing that appeals to me about the 79190/16610/14060M is that they bridge the gap between a real vintage Rolex and the modern bigger ceramic models. I'm a big fan of the 1990-2000 neo vintage models and Tudor isn't really hitting those notes.
Gotcha. Makes sense. I guess Tudor hasn’t dared to blatantly remake 5 digit sub. Maybe one day.