Does the 36mm Exp make my wrist look fat?

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
sierra11b
Name: Eric

Re: Does the 36mm Exp make my wrist look fat?

Post by sierra11b » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:54 pm

Wario406 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:51 pm
sierra11b wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:23 pm
I'm waiting on the 40.

Got a call today from the AD but he just wanted to tell me the Pelagos 39 was back in stock as I showed a little interest in.

I wonder what the wait time would be for the 40mm 227240?

He gave me the run around that they're hens teeth, multiple people in front of me which i'm not denying, but felt like he wanted to sell the the pelagos 39. Maybe not? i'd imagine it'll sell pretty fast without me.
214270 is pretty incredible. Interested to hear how much more you like the 227240.

My dyslexia got me... it's 224270. doh! I've never seen a 214270 in the flesh.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:08 pm

sierra11b wrote:I'm waiting on the 40.

Got a call today from the AD but he just wanted to tell me the Pelagos 39 was back in stock as I showed a little interest in.

He gave me the run around that they're hens teeth, multiple people in front of me which i'm not denying, but felt like he wanted to sell the the pelagos 39. Maybe not? i'd imagine it'll sell pretty fast without me.
He’s trying to start the “relationship”.
- Todd

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:17 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:08 pm

Yep. And he can start that relationship by selling me a 40mm explorer.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:07 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:08 pm

Yep. And he can start that relationship by selling me a 40mm explorer.
Sadly, he’s probably more interested in the type of relationship where you buy a bunch of shit you maybe kinda want, but not really, for the chance to get what you really want, or at least maybe a chance. But you know this. It’s all so tiresome.
- Todd

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:34 pm

In all my years i've never actually purchased from an AD as I get rather impatient. We'll see what happens... I'd really like the watch at MSRP in order to save $800-1k.

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:41 pm

It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:45 am

For me, the proportions of the 214270 work better than the 224270.

I have a 6.5-6.75” wrist and think 36mm is too small. It’s VERY comfortable, but smaller watches generally are (heck, going watchless is also very comfortable, so that’s hardly standalone criteria).

IMO, the 214270 is coming down in price used (basically cheaper than the 224270), so I’d go that route. The excitement of buying from an AD quickly fades if you’re paying a premium for the new watch smell.
:htfu:

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:21 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:45 am

I have a 6.5-6.75” wrist and think 36mm is too small. It’s VERY comfortable, but smaller watches generally are (heck, going watchless is also very comfortable, so that’s hardly standalone criteria).

IMO, the 214270 is coming down in price used (basically cheaper than the 224270), so I’d go that route. The excitement of buying from an AD quickly fades if you’re paying a premium for the new watch smell.
The small watch point is a great one, although I will say that the 114270 was actually doable when I owned, in that it had the wider lug width and lug to lug... It did a tasteful job of spanning the overall wrist. The new 36 does not have this quality being it's more in line with the original dimensions.

I still might wait a bit on the new one but may become impatient and bite on the 39. I may even do grey on the new one but would like to save that premium for something else. Just snagged 6" anaconda which is in jail until the 10th. :excited: Y'all know me and wheel guns.

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:31 pm

sierra11b wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

The small watch point is a great one, although I will say that the 114270 was actually doable when I owned, in that it had the wider lug width and lug to lug... It did a tasteful job of spanning the overall wrist. The new 36 does not have this quality being it's more in line with the original dimensions.

I still might wait a bit on the new one but may become impatient and bite on the 39. I may even do grey on the new one but would like to save that premium for something else. Just snagged 6" anaconda which is in jail until the 10th. :excited: Y'all know me and wheel guns.
Anaconda is a fine piece of machinery. I was fondling one last weekend when shooting the 460.
Dr. Seuss

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:04 pm

Wario406 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:31 pm
sierra11b wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Anaconda is a fine piece of machinery. I was fondling one last weekend when shooting the 460.
Got the 6" at MSRP plus vet 10% discount.

It was finally put on the unconstitutional CA handgun roster due to the elimination of micro stamping, and so I finally purchased outright. The pressure from Judge Roger Benitez (St. Benitez as we call him here - search that for a cool candle) likely prompted the quick change or risk losing the roster altogether.

I was about to buy one on gun broker weeks prior, ship to an FFL in Ripon just outside of Fresno, so his gunsmith could accept and switch to exempt single action, me drive down 3 hours to do the paper work, come back 10days later to accept in SA state, THEN ask the gunsmith to turn back into double action for a total drive of 18hrs.

The hoops you have to jump through as a law abiding citizen here... But that's a different thread entirely.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:10 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Wario406 wrote:
sierra11b wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

It was finally put on the unconstitutional CA handgun roster due to the elimination of micro stamping, and so I finally purchased outright. The pressure from Judge Roger Benitez (St. Benitez as we call him here - search that for a cool candle) likely prompted the quick change or risk losing the roster altogether.

I was about to buy one on gun broker weeks prior, ship to an FFL in Ripon just outside of Fresno, so his gunsmith could accept and switch to exempt single action, me drive down 3 hours to do the paper work, come back 10days later to accept in SA state, THEN ask the gunsmith to turn back into double action for a total drive of 18hrs.

The hoops you have to jump through as a law abiding citizen here... But that's a different thread entirely.
That’s just crazy. Hopefully SCOTUS shuts all the nonsense down permanently…and soon.

Ripon…next to Manteca/Modesto, no?

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:19 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:10 pm
sierra11b wrote:
Wario406 wrote:
sierra11b wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

That’s just crazy. Hopefully SCOTUS shuts all the nonsense down permanently…and soon.

Correct. A quaint red town with a tight farming community, but at risk of being diluted by the super commuting bay area population. Amazing they've been able to keep it somewhat together for so long. It'll be squashed soon enough as it's on a major artery (Hwy 99).

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:38 pm

sierra11b wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:10 pm
sierra11b wrote:
Wario406 wrote:
sierra11b wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Correct. A quaint red town with a tight farming community, but at risk of being diluted by the super commuting bay area population. Amazing they've been able to keep it somewhat together. It'll be squashed soon enough as it's on a major artery (Hwy 99).
I played a couple times at Jack Tone course in Ripon. Once east of the east bay it gets nicely red. I enjoyed living out in the central valley.

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:41 pm

We’re in Ripon often for soccer tournaments.

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:43 pm

Yep. People fear outgoing Ca plates behind a u-haul, but more red voters per capita here than Texas last election. I say welcome it! When I mention that to naysayers they simply don't believe it due to the stigma of Cali-forna-yay!

But let's not let Master Wu shut down this thread on his turf, as I had promised him before. Let's bring this conversation back to the explorer, shall we?

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:54 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:41 pm
We’re in Ripon often for soccer tournaments.
So was my old corporate boss (retired) traveling from the bay to Ripon, Roseville and Elk Grove. Some great leagues in the area. My son has been playing baseball for 7years in all seasons (great baseball leagues, too), and recently bought FIFA '22 and '23 on play station. He thinks he can play now but he's built like Babe Ruth, like his old man... I blame my wife who attended World Cup Japan '02 while on scholarship from their Government. He'd be a goalkeeper for certain if he tried... We're still considering

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:07 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:43 pm
Yep. People fear outgoing Ca plates behind a u-haul, but more red voters per capita here than Texas last election. I say welcome it! When I mention that to naysayers they simply don't believe it due to the stigma of Cali-forna-yay!

But let's not let Master Wu shut down this thread on his turf, as I had promised him before. Let's bring this conversation back to the explorer, shall we?
I’m not trying to go off the rails into a political area, but I read all this stuff like a novel about a foreign land.

Even though Wu can’t find NH on a map :lol: , there is something to be said about living here!

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:45 pm

sierra11b wrote:Yep. People fear outgoing Ca plates behind a u-haul, but more red voters per capita here than Texas last election. I say welcome it! When I mention that to naysayers they simply don't believe it due to the stigma of Cali-forna-yay!

Dr. Seuss

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:26 pm

Wario406 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:45 pm
sierra11b wrote:Yep. People fear outgoing Ca plates behind a u-haul, but more red voters per capita here than Texas last election. I say welcome it! When I mention that to naysayers they simply don't believe it due to the stigma of Cali-forna-yay!

I'll join you soon enough.

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:05 pm

Also, that game was incredible. :cheers:

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:31 pm

Had it now for a couple weeks and it's great. Glad i opted for the new version. Love the subtle lacquered dial and the oversize crown especially.

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:32 pm

sierra11b wrote:Had it now for a couple weeks and it's great. Glad i opted for the new version. Love the subtle lacquered dial and the oversize crown especially.

It looks great on you.
Dr. Seuss

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:08 pm

sierra11b wrote:Had it now for a couple weeks and it's great. Glad i opted for the new version. Love the subtle lacquered dial and the oversize crown especially.

Nice- which size is this one?
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:45 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:08 pm

It's the new for '23 reference 224270 40mm.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:07 pm

sierra11b wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:08 pm

It's the new for '23 reference 224270 40mm.
Looks perfect on you. I thinks I would have gone 40mm too. I can’t keep up with all the references and sizes anymore.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak: