Some of the sexist curves ever…

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
Wario406
Name: Mike

Some of the sexist curves ever…

Post by Wario406 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:21 pm

Every time I wear this I appreciate the curves and finishing more.

I know that the 214270 is already appreciated, but I cant help but wonder if it’s gonna be a larger classic over time…

Admittedly I spend too much time looking at the details on my watches.

Last edited by Wario406 on Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Re: Some of the sexist curves ever…

Post by BacoNoir » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:52 pm

Love it. So simple, yet such a proper watch.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:55 pm

Shibui is what I think of with this one

Wiki:

Shibusa is an enriched, subdued appearance or experience of intrinsically fine quality with economy of form, line, and effort, producing a timeless tranquility. Shibusa includes the following essential qualities:

Shibui objects appear to be simple overall, but they include subtle details, such as textures, that balance simplicity with complexity.

This balance of simplicity and complexity ensures that one does not tire of a shibui object, but constantly finds new meanings and enriched beauty that cause its aesthetic value to grow over the years.[3]

Shibusa walks a fine line between contrasting aesthetic concepts such as elegant and rough or spontaneous and restrained.[4]

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 pm

rockmastermike wrote:Shibui is what I think of with this one

Wiki:

Shibusa is an enriched, subdued appearance or experience of intrinsically fine quality with economy of form, line, and effort, producing a timeless tranquility. Shibusa includes the following essential qualities:

Shibui objects appear to be simple overall, but they include subtle details, such as textures, that balance simplicity with complexity.

This balance of simplicity and complexity ensures that one does not tire of a shibui object, but constantly finds new meanings and enriched beauty that cause its aesthetic value to grow over the years.[3]

Shibusa walks a fine line between contrasting aesthetic concepts such as elegant and rough or spontaneous and restrained.[4]
RMM, I know you’ve owned one of these and truly appreciate and agree with your commentary. Rog… if you liked my Ranger - you’re gonna love the Mk2.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:31 pm

rockmastermike wrote:Shibui is what I think of with this one

Wiki:

www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006