Discussion of Sinn watches.
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: Sinn U50 Pro!

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:05 am

jswing wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
jswing wrote:Let me put this out here - my#14 is arriving Monday. The day after I put down the deposit my wife ended up in the ER (she's OK now) and a day later my cat ended up in the cat ER (she's also ok now) and the hospital bills are all coming due at the same time I paid the balance on the u50 pro. I may need to sell mine.. Hate to, but the alternative is selling something I'm already attached to. So I guess I'm asking if there's anyone here who missed out on the initial offering who really wanted one?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
Sorry to hear all this, Jeff. Hope you figure out a way to keep it, I think it’s the perfect U and agree with Hop that’s it’s probably going to be hard to find another one down the road.
Thanks and i know you're both right. I'll figure it out. I could always sell a couple replaceable Seikos, but it's kind of hard to sell anything right now

That sucks man. I get it though. The beginning of 2021 we started getting medical bills and it has continued into this year. My wife got a knee scope done a few months back. I had a few days in the hospital this time last year, had x-rays-ct scan done earlier this year when I was sick. And now I’ll have an urgent care and x-Ray bill for my ankle from last week. My doctor hates insurance companies and always tells me that’s why the prices are so high. My wife got charged an extra $1800 for the surgery lasting 15min longer than planned… wtf?
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:31 am

BBK357 wrote:
jswing wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
jswing wrote:Let me put this out here - my#14 is arriving Monday. The day after I put down the deposit my wife ended up in the ER (she's OK now) and a day later my cat ended up in the cat ER (she's also ok now) and the hospital bills are all coming due at the same time I paid the balance on the u50 pro. I may need to sell mine.. Hate to, but the alternative is selling something I'm already attached to. So I guess I'm asking if there's anyone here who missed out on the initial offering who really wanted one?

Sorry to hear all this, Jeff. Hope you figure out a way to keep it, I think it’s the perfect U and agree with Hop that’s it’s probably going to be hard to find another one down the road.
Thanks and i know you're both right. I'll figure it out. I could always sell a couple replaceable Seikos, but it's kind of hard to sell anything right now

That sucks man. I get it though. The beginning of 2021 we started getting medical bills and it has continued into this year. My wife got a knee scope done a few months back. I had a few days in the hospital this time last year, had x-rays-ct scan done earlier this year when I was sick. And now I’ll have an urgent care and x-Ray bill for my ankle from last week. My doctor hates insurance companies and always tells me that’s why the prices are so high. My wife got charged an extra $1800 for the surgery lasting 15min longer than planned… wtf?
I'm not sure if it's the insurance companies or the medical providers. Her hospital bills for two days were over $50k, and then a company charged $9k just to send a heart monitor in the mail that she had to return. Huh? Of course I'm not responsible for all that, but being self employed I don't have the greatest insurance so I'll pay a good bit. I was really hoping my Sinn would come later in the year, but I think I will try to keep it.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:38 am

jswing wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
jswing wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

I'm not sure if it's the insurance companies or the medical providers. Her hospital bills for two days were over $50k, and then a company charged $9k just to send a heart monitor in the mail that she had to return. Huh? Of course I'm not responsible for all that, but being self employed I don't have the greatest insurance so I'll pay a good bit. I was really hoping my Sinn would come later in the year, but I think I will try to keep it.

Medical expenses are crazy. The providers charge so much because of the insurance companies. I’ve seen bills from long term NICU stays that parents have shown me… and it’s so stupid. $50 for a pacifier, $90 for a pack of disposable leads we change daily…. Insanity.

My dr told me about when Prilosec came out in the 1980’s, he said it was a dream come true for people with heartburn because it was the first medicine that worked well. He said it was initially expensive at the time at $1 a day= $30 a month. He said when the insurance companies got ahold of it it went to $3 a day.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:03 am

BBK357 wrote:
jswing wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
jswing wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

Medical expenses are crazy. The providers charge so much because of the insurance companies. I’ve seen bills from long term NICU stays that parents have shown me… and it’s so stupid. $50 for a pacifier, $90 for a pack of disposable leads we change daily…. Insanity.

My dr told me about when Prilosec came out in the 1980’s, he said it was a dream come true for people with heartburn because it was the first medicine that worked well. He said it was initially expensive at the time at $1 a day= $30 a month. He said when the insurance companies got ahold of it it went to $3 a day.
If my wife and I didn’t make the decision a long time ago to go with what is essentially the platinum healthcare plan available at her job (and is way better than anything at mine), we’d literally be bankrupt with all of my son’s medical needs. No joke.
- Todd

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:27 am

It’s such a great piece.

pbj204
Name: Paul

Post by pbj204 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:01 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:27 am
It’s such a great piece.

We should get Erika's Originals to make a u50 Pro label

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:26 pm

pbj204 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:27 am
It’s such a great piece.

We should get Erika's Originals to make a u50 Pro label

I prefer clean and plain.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:59 pm

hoppyjr wrote:It’s such a great piece.

That looks great, Ed. So much better than the single pass straps you usually favor.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:08 pm

CGSshorty wrote:

That looks great, Ed. So much better than the single pass straps you usually favor.
Thanks Chris. I like the comfort of the single pass Zulus strap, mostly because it is overall less height and softer material usually. That said, these NATO’s with black hardware really work with that watch.

tyd450
Name: Tyler

Post by tyd450 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:12 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:08 pm
CGSshorty wrote:

Thanks Chris. I like the comfort of the single pass Zulus strap, mostly because it is overall less height and softer material usually. That said, these NATO’s with black hardware really work with that watch.
I always cut off the bottom strap on natos and basically turn them in to a single strap but keep the nato look. I don't get the point of that bottom strap at all.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:38 pm

The maratac titanium zulus would work really well on these too.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:26 pm

dukerules wrote:The maratac titanium zulus would work really well on these too.
Sadly only the black one fits well. The others are a bit thick.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:34 pm

dukerules wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:38 pm

I bought PDW titanium NATO for my regular U50. Will try it on the U50 Pro whenever I get tired of the bracelet. Blasted TI matches the sub steel almost perfectly.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:42 pm

dnslater wrote:
dukerules wrote:

I bought PDW titanium NATO for my regular U50. Will try it on the U50 Pro whenever I get tired of the bracelet. Blasted TI matches the sub steel almost perfectly.

Nice. I’ve had the green one in my cart numerous times. May just need to pull the trigger.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:07 pm

dnslater wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:34 pm
dukerules wrote:

Looks good. Can you please see if the buckle is removable or sewn in like a regular nato

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:55 pm

PDW nato is one of my all time favorites.

DEATH FROM ABOVE

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:02 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
dnslater wrote:
dukerules wrote:

Looks good. Can you please see if the buckle is removable or sewn in like a regular nato

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:23 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:02 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
dnslater wrote:
dukerules wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Ben. It appears to be a regular buckle with a spring bar. Thanks

tmw
Name: The Enabler

Post by tmw » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:27 pm

Yea. It is spring bar
Stan, don’t you know the first law of physics? Anything that’s fun costs at least eight dollars”
-- Eric Cartman

“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:53 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:24 pm
Well I’m not as bad as Gerard. But I fell last night out in the yard and got a nasty sprained ankle.
U50P just got delivered to cheer me up.
Perfect watch. Love it.

Dude! Just saw this. Speedy recovery!
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

Magnus
Name: Magnus

Post by Magnus » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:52 am

What a watch this is. Gutted to have missed out on the initial sale.

Some great pictures of it in here though

tmw

Post by tmw » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:33 am

U1P and U50P. Just arrived!
6D523644-FC23-41D7-97E7-5A2B112406D2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stan, don’t you know the first law of physics? Anything that’s fun costs at least eight dollars”
-- Eric Cartman

“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”

Floating down canal
It always just says now

- Jimmy Buffett

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:36 am

tmw wrote:U1P and U50P. Just arrived!
6D523644-FC23-41D7-97E7-5A2B112406D2.jpeg
I find that the overall visual, the look on the wrist isn’t that different, but the comfort and lighter weight of the little brother makes it the winner.

tmw

Post by tmw » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:51 am

I have to throw the u50p on a matching Hirsch extreme and then compare.

It looks a lot smaller but much lighter.
-- Eric Cartman

Floating down canal
It always just says now

- Jimmy Buffett

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:44 pm

tmw wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:51 am
I have to throw the u50p on a matching Hirsch extreme and then compare.

It looks a lot smaller but much lighter.
Don't forget, also better movement SW300 in U50 vs SW200 in U1.