Re: Sinn U50 Pro!

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:07 am

I really love it. The perfect U for me.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:47 am

Congrats guys those look so darn good a f appear to be a great size.
I hope to see on at a local GTG.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:54 pm

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:38 pm

How are they handling the second payment? Do they contact you to authorize it or are they just billing it to the card used for the first one? I don't think I've received any follow up emails, but seeing all you bums flexing your U50 pros is making me nervous that I missed something.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:50 pm

streetracer101 wrote:How are they handling the second payment? Do they contact you to authorize it or are they just billing it to the card used for the first one? I don't think I've received any follow up emails, but seeing all you bums flexing your U50 pros is making me nervous that I missed something.
They send an email with a link to complete payment for the remain balance. It appears as the full amount but it will auto deduct when payment is made. If it doesn’t, Rob will manually credit the deposit.

raf42
Fister
Name: Rob

Post by raf42 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:29 am

A shout out to WatchBuys customer service. When originally sizing my bracelet and doing the final link screw tightening, one of the heads broke off from the pin (no, I wasn't over-tightening; probably a defect). So I emailed WatchBuys.

Got a response from Kevin within a few minutes and he said they'll drop a replacement in the mail. A week later, I received a padded envelope in my mailbox that had been ripped open and the local post office put a sticker on that said "received without contents". I guess someone really wanted a Sinn bracelet pin :scratch:

Emailed Kevin back and he said no worries, and sent another one with tracking this time. Received that a few days later w/no issues.

Lots of trouble for a pin I'll never need, but wanted to keep this a "full kit". WatchBuys customer service in this case was exemplary.

Extremely happy with my U50P and a great customer service experience.

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:29 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:50 pm
streetracer101 wrote:How are they handling the second payment? Do they contact you to authorize it or are they just billing it to the card used for the first one? I don't think I've received any follow up emails, but seeing all you bums flexing your U50 pros is making me nervous that I missed something.
They send an email with a link to complete payment for the remain balance. It appears as the full amount but it will auto deduct when payment is made. If it doesn’t, Rob will manually credit the deposit.
Thanks. Their site is kinda janky. The order just shows the deposit and it says “shipped”. I imagine they’d call if there was no response to the payment link.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:44 am

streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thanks. Their site is kinda janky. The order just shows the deposit and it says “shipped”. I imagine they’d call if there was no response to the payment link.
I just got off teh phone with Robert at Watchbi’s and he confirmed streetracer101 did not reply to purchase email so that reservation will now be sold on eBay for twice the price.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:26 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:44 am
streetracer101 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
I just got off teh phone with Robert at Watchbi’s and he confirmed streetracer101 did not reply to purchase email so that reservation will now be sold on eBay for twice the price.
Lol. At least there will be some available here soon on the secondary.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:57 pm

If anyone missed out…. Image
DEATH FROM ABOVE

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:35 am

Crazy.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:09 am

BBK357 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:57 pm
If anyone missed out…. Image
Wow... be interesting to see what it goes for....

Mine arrives today and will definitely be a keeper. Now to decide if I also keep my original U50.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:35 am

There may be an international Sinn collector out there somewhere that will pay close to that.
- Todd

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:22 am

I’m curious what effect the release of the 50P has on secondary prices of the U1P. It seems there are a lot of people who had no idea it existed before.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

dnslater

Post by dnslater » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:32 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:22 am
I’m curious what effect the release of the 50P has on secondary prices of the U1P. It seems there are a lot of people who had no idea it existed before.
At this point it seems that they barely change hands anymore. Most of them have likely found permanent homes. Hard to gauge any trends when only one or two change hands every few months.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:14 pm

Let me put this out here - my#14 is arriving Monday. The day after I put down the deposit my wife ended up in the ER (she's OK now) and a day later my cat ended up in the cat ER (she's also ok now) and the hospital bills are all coming due at the same time I paid the balance on the u50 pro. I may need to sell mine.. Hate to, but the alternative is selling something I'm already attached to. So I guess I'm asking if there's anyone here who missed out on the initial offering who really wanted one?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:25 pm

jswing wrote:Let me put this out here - my#14 is arriving Monday. The day after I put down the deposit my wife ended up in the ER (she's OK now) and a day later my cat ended up in the cat ER (she's also ok now) and the hospital bills are all coming due at the same time I paid the balance on the u50 pro. I may need to sell mine.. Hate to, but the alternative is selling something I'm already attached to. So I guess I'm asking if there's anyone here who missed out on the initial offering who really wanted one?

I’m very sorry to hear that. My advice: sell something else. sell anything else. Keep this watch. Trust me.

Sell blood or seamen. Ben’s a buyer.

Besides, it would be wrong for me to have two U50 Pros. Right?

jswing

Post by jswing » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:44 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
jswing wrote:Let me put this out here - my#14 is arriving Monday. The day after I put down the deposit my wife ended up in the ER (she's OK now) and a day later my cat ended up in the cat ER (she's also ok now) and the hospital bills are all coming due at the same time I paid the balance on the u50 pro. I may need to sell mine.. Hate to, but the alternative is selling something I'm already attached to. So I guess I'm asking if there's anyone here who missed out on the initial offering who really wanted one?

I’m very sorry to hear that. My advice: sell something else. sell anything else. Keep this watch. Trust me.

I know you're right. I already reached out to Ben but he said he has enough blood and semen to last a lifetime. Plus he already has one.

Sell anything else? Like an FXD?

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:01 am

jswing wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

I know you're right. I already reached out to Ben but he said he has enough blood and semen to last a lifetime. Plus he already has one.

Sell anything else? Like an FXD?

I hate to say it, but yes. You can always get another FXD. It may take a while, but it’s easier to source than this U50 pro. I’m glad to have both and I will certainly enjoy both, but if I had to choose I would keep the Sinn. As Joe would say…. “No joke” (unlike Joe, I’m not lying).

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:44 am

Sorry to hear all this, Jeff. Hope you figure out a way to keep it, I think it’s the perfect U and agree with Hop that’s it’s probably going to be hard to find another one down the road.
- Todd

dnslater

Post by dnslater » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:46 am

Mine arrived yesterday. Did a quick Lume comparison with the regular U50. Regular holds up pretty well.

Unfortunately when comparing, I noticed the old U50 hands appear to be rubbing. Reached out to Trey to see if they can address.

jswing

Post by jswing » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:31 am

Chocodove wrote:

Sorry to hear all this, Jeff. Hope you figure out a way to keep it, I think it’s the perfect U and agree with Hop that’s it’s probably going to be hard to find another one down the road.
Thanks and i know you're both right. I'll figure it out. I could always sell a couple replaceable Seikos, but it's kind of hard to sell anything right now