Got some sobering news from Sinn today

Discussion of Sinn watches.
Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:56 am

Sent my EZM2 Hydro in for service last week and got this message from them today…. Ugh.

“Due to the high capacity utilisation of our workshops and additional absences due to illness, there are unfortunately major delays at the moment. We would therefore like to inform you about the current time frames: Warranty repairs, minor repairs and maintenance of the Hydro series take approx. 6-8 weeks, the preparation of a cost estimate approx. 12 weeks. For chargeable repair and maintenance orders, we would like to ask you to be prepared for a period of up to half a year. High complications and historical movements may also require a longer period of time. Should your watch be completed sooner, we will of course inform you immediately.

We are working intensively to expand our capacities, but of course we do not want to compromise on the careful execution of our work. We ask for your patience and understanding. “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: Got some sobering news from Sinn today

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:35 am

Well that sucks, but it seems par for the post-pandemic course. It seems almost every industry is having difficulty staffing and operating their business. I guess when people get used to being paid to stay home, they don’t want to actually return to work.

At least Sinn communicated with you. It’ll be worth the wait.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:40 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:35 am
:cheers:

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:48 am

hoppyjr wrote:Well that sucks, but it seems par for the post-pandemic course. It seems almost every industry is having difficulty staffing and operating their business. I guess when people get used to being paid to stay home, they don’t want to actually return to work.

I totally agree that it’s sad , and that everyone is having difficulty. I bet its extra hard for them because they can’t hire just any ham fisted cheesehead. I returned their email thanking them for communicating, wishing them luck finding talent, hoping for the best timeline, and looking forward to hearing from them. Let the wait begin!

Dr. Seuss

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:20 am

Assume this is Sinn Germany and not RGM? I have a U50 into RGM for warrantee work and they said 6-8 weeks from whenever Watchbuys confirms it is covered. They made it clear than this was the expedited warranty timeline and non warranty repairs take much longer. Thankfully I have my U50 Pro so this is my backup U50.

Hopefully they are preparing you for worst case and it goes faster.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:39 am

The personnel shortage is brutal. Fast food restaurants in my area are paying between 20 and $25 per hour for anyone that’s willing to take the job. A few places, fast food places mind you, are offering up to $7500 sign on bonuses. What a world…

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:18 pm

hoppyjr wrote:The personnel shortage is brutal. Fast food restaurants in my area are paying between 20 and $25 per hour for anyone that’s willing to take the job. A few places, fast food places mind you, are offering up to $7500 sign on bonuses. What a world…
Wow! Where do you live?

Dr. Seuss

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:28 pm

it states “hydro 6-8 weeks”.
That’s actually not bad at all.

I sent 2 in earlier this year, they received them on 2/10, on 2/15 they sent me an estimate, and on 4/7 they were done. They would have been done a week earlier but I was asking a specific question about the bezel and they took 2 days to reply each time I asked something.

Meanwhile, I sent my U50 Pro to RGM on 9/1, got an email on 9/5 saying that they received it and it’ll take 6-8 weeks just to look at it. That’s not even repair time.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:36 pm

Wario406 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:The personnel shortage is brutal. Fast food restaurants in my area are paying between 20 and $25 per hour for anyone that’s willing to take the job. A few places, fast food places mind you, are offering up to $7500 sign on bonuses. What a world…
Wow! Where do you live?

I’m just east of Seattle.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:38 pm

BBK357 wrote:it states “hydro 6-8 weeks”.

I sent 2 in earlier this year, they received them on 2/10, on 2/15 they sent me an estimate, and on 4/7 they were done. They would have been done a week earlier but I was asking a specific question about the bezel and they took 2 days to reply each time I asked something.

Meanwhile, I sent my U50 Pro to RGM on 9/1, got an email on 9/5 saying that they received it and it’ll take 6-8 weeks just to look at it. That’s not even repair time.
That’s unacceptable, especially for an issue with a brand new watch.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:55 pm

pretty normal times from sinn. one thing about them is when you get your watch back it will be in a great shape.

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:57 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:55 pm
pretty normal times from sinn. one thing about them is when you get your watch back it will be in a great shape.
Im very excited. I love the style and size of the the watch, but the bubble in my watch continued to get bigger every week. I think the diaphragm was shot, but the watch still kept perfect time. The watch's last service was 2013 according to Sinn records. Pretty good milage on a battery that's rated at 7 years.
Dr. Seuss

MDF
Name: Mark

Post by MDF » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:29 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:28 pm

Question, when you get the estimate do you need to pay or do you pay when the work is finished? Thanks I have a Hydro that needs a battery change and I’ll probably ask for a new dial and hands. I have been putting this whole process off but I should get moving on it.
Regards,

Mark

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:42 pm

MDF wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:29 pm
BBK357 wrote:

Question, when you get the estimate do you need to pay or do you pay when the work is finished? Thanks I have a Hydro that needs a battery change and I’ll probably ask for a new dial and hands. I have been putting this whole process off but I should get moving on it.
in my experience with both RGM and Sinn the approval is a yes/no only and payment is due after repair is complete.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:54 pm

rockmastermike wrote:
MDF wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

in my experience with both RGM and Sinn the approval is a yes/no only and payment is due after repair is complete.
RMM is correct.
Payment right before work happens- then it gets done fast. They give you the estimate beforehand so no sticker shock or anything.

You may want to each out to Dwc and see if anyone else wants to send their EZM2 in for service, that way you can split shipping cost. That’s what’s me and K Falcon did. The one I sent in for service is now on Austin Rob’s wrist. Mine will be due in a few years.

Last edited by BBK357 on Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:23 pm

I just got my invoice yesterday to approve so they can start the work. The shipping is almost as much as the repairs! They’re doing a full service (battery, any repairs, oil change, seals) and replacing the hand set and face for ~$255, and the shipping is $190 (round trip). They say I could have it back in 6 weeks. They do the work, then you pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dr. Seuss

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:25 pm

BBK357 wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
MDF wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

RMM is correct.
Payment when work is complete. They give you the estimate beforehand so no sticker shock or anything.

You may want to each out to Dwc and see if anyone else wants to send their EZM2 in for service, that way you can split shipping cost. That’s what’s me and K Falcon did. The one I sent in for service is now on Austin Rob’s wrist. Mine will be due in a few years.

Dibs on that black bezel! They dont stock those anymore :-(

Dr. Seuss

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:33 pm

Wario406 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
MDF wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

RMM is correct.
Payment when work is complete. They give you the estimate beforehand so no sticker shock or anything.

Oh that sucks. I just sold one earlier this year for cheap.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:00 pm

Wario406 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:23 pm
I just got my invoice yesterday to approve so they can start the work. The shipping is almost as much as the repairs!
Don't be surprised if you get dinged with brokerage fees from UPS too (if Sinn still uses them to ship to the US). I did (multiple times) when I sent my 757 UTC in for service.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:08 pm

logan2z wrote:
Wario406 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:23 pm
I just got my invoice yesterday to approve so they can start the work. The shipping is almost as much as the repairs!
Don't be surprised if you get dinged with brokerage fees from UPS too (if Sinn still uses them to ship to the US). I did (multiple times) when I sent my 757 UTC in for service.
I think I had a fee one time about 10 years ago or so- but my recent Sinn services did not have fees.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:45 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Wario406 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
MDF wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

RMM is correct.

Oh that sucks. I just sold one earlier this year for cheap.

Dr. Seuss

DiverChris
Name: Chris

Post by DiverChris » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:55 pm

Seems to be the story for everything everywhere. Hopefully it'll get done soon.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:11 pm

Dang

We experienced a 12 week delay for office furniture at the Team due to “worker shortage”.

The issue I had with the delay was that our furniture is built in a FEDERAL PENITENTIARY :angryfire:

//

Lots to unpack there, but I’ll just leave it alone…
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:18 pm

I WANT MY SINN back!!!

Dr. Seuss

MDF
Name: Mark

Post by MDF » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:12 am

Wish me luck I just sent in my UX GSG9 for an oil/battery change. I can’t wait to see how long this will take and how much it will cost…. The good news when they finally finish and I get it back it will seem like a new watch to me because of the long wait so yay!
Regards,

Mark