SEEKING TO BUY

Discussion of Ægir watches.

Moderator: t20569cald

stupops
Name: Stuart

SEEKING TO BUY

Post by stupops » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:58 pm

I've gone full circle.
I sold my CD 2 a few years ago as we needed the money.
Looking to find one again now that things are a little better and if at the right price.
Anyone know where there might be one going? I've missed this watch since it left me.

r.palace

Re: SEEKING TO BUY

Post by r.palace » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:14 pm

Stu, nice to see you around. I sold you my CD2 some years back. It was a great piece. I don’t see any current sales on watchrecon.

I’m sure there’s still a few floating around here.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

stupops
Name: Stuart

Post by stupops » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:22 pm

Hi
Yes.
I was so sad to let it go. But needs must at the time. We had bills to pay. It was such a beautiful watch and was in such fabulous condition. TBH it was the nicest I have ever had. I loved it.
I have had a sniff of one. But it comes down to money. Hope that you are well.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:12 am

1969?

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

NC1
Name: Nick

Post by NC1 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:21 am

I'm new to this forum. I have a cd-1 looking to sell. It's in excellent/mint condition. Full box and papers. I have it on a sailcloth strap. The isofrane strap it came with has not been used.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Wed May 04, 2022 8:41 am

NC1 wrote:I'm new to this forum. I have a cd-1 looking to sell. It's in excellent/mint condition. Full box and papers. I have it on a sailcloth strap. The isofrane strap it came with has not been used.
Bad form to show up here an just try and sell a watch. Not how it works bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NC1

Post by NC1 » Wed May 04, 2022 8:47 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:41 am
NC1 wrote:I'm new to this forum. I have a cd-1 looking to sell. It's in excellent/mint condition. Full box and papers. I have it on a sailcloth strap. The isofrane strap it came with has not been used.

Didn't know. I was referred to this forum to sell my watch. The main post was about looking for an aegir cd 2. I thought I would offer what I have. How is responding to someone looking for an aegir watch bad form?

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Wed May 04, 2022 8:51 am

NC1 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Didn't know. I was referred to this forum to sell my watch. The main post was about looking for an aegir cd 2. I thought I would offer what I have. How is responding to someone looking for an aegir watch bad form?
Well, 1. We don’t know you. This is not an e-commerce site. You didn’t introduce yourself and this is a very tight nit forum, and the sales section here is for members that have been here awhile.

You attempted to circumvent all of that and responded to a 5 month old post, and for the wrong watch, as the OP was looking for a CD-2 not a CD-1!

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed May 04, 2022 9:02 am

NC1 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Who referred you here?

NC1

Post by NC1 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:05 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:51 am
NC1 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Well, 1. We don’t know you. This is not an e-commerce site. You didn’t introduce yourself and this is a very tight nit forum, and the sales section here is for members that have been here awhile.

You attempted to circumvent all of that and responded to a 5 month old post, and for the wrong watch, as the OP was looking for a CD-2 not a CD-1!

I was told this is a forum for discussion and to buy and sell. Didn't know I have to introduce myself and then engage in numerous discussions before selling. I saw the post was old. So what? That person was looking for a cd 2. I didn't have that. I have a cd 1. Maybe since these watches are hard to get they may want it. You don't know unless you ask. If they're not interested no big deal.

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:25 am

Ok....I'll play along.

What color is the CD1? Do you have any watch selling references? Do you know anyone here? Are you known in any watch forums? Do you have any quality pictures? How much do you want for the watch?

All of these are absolute minimums before any one here is likely to play nice with you. And that may still not work as you have effectively circumvented the selling rules here.
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

NC1

Post by NC1 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:55 am

hobbit712 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:25 am
Ok....I'll play along.

What color is the CD1? Do you have any watch selling references? Do you know anyone here? Are you known in any watch forums? Do you have any quality pictures? How much do you want for the watch?

All of these are absolute minimums before any one here is likely to play nice with you. And that may still not work as you have effectively circumvented the selling rules here.
Again, I didn't know of those rules and now that I know them I'm not looking to violate. I know what the requirements are. My only posts were on this thread. Don't know anyone here. This is my first watch forum I signed up on and only because it was suggested to me to sell my watch. No, watch selling references as I'm not a dealer or constant private seller. Of course I have pics of the watch from all 4 sides, box, papers. I made my original post without them and would find out first if someone had an interest and would send that person pics either in a pm or some other way along with asking price since I didn't know how this forum works. Didn't know there was even a watch sales section/forum. I saw the aegir section and went there.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed May 04, 2022 10:02 am

NC1 wrote:
hobbit712 wrote:
Ok....I'll play along.

Again, I didn't know of those rules and now that I know them I'm not looking to violate. I know what the requirements are. My only posts were on this thread. Don't know anyone here. This is my first watch forum I signed up on and only because it was suggested to me to sell my watch. No, watch selling references as I'm not a dealer or constant private seller. Of course I have pics of the watch from all 4 sides, box, papers. I made my original post without them and would find out first if someone had an interest and would send that person pics either in a pm or some other way along with asking price since I didn't know how this forum works. Didn't know there was even a watch sales section/forum. I saw the aegir section and went there.
You mentioned being referred here…. By whom if not one of our members?

I ask because we are a pretty tight knit group

Where are you located?

NC1

Post by NC1 » Wed May 04, 2022 11:29 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:02 am
NC1 wrote:
hobbit712 wrote:
Ok....I'll play along.

Where are you located?
A used watch dealership referred me. Don't know if they are a member here. I bought a watch from them and asked if they would like mine. They were not interested and referred me here as this forum actually has an aegir section.

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Wed May 04, 2022 11:35 am

:popcorn:
Andy :uj:

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed May 04, 2022 11:45 am

NC1 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
NC1 wrote:
hobbit712 wrote:
Ok....I'll play along.

Where are you located?
A used watch dealership referred me. Don't know if they are a member here. I bought a watch from them and asked if they would like mine. They were not interested and referred me here as this forum actually has an aegir section.
Not saying it didn’t happen, but odd they would know of us and not send you to the largest watch forum online (Watchuseek).

We keep it pretty tight around here.

NC1

Post by NC1 » Wed May 04, 2022 11:52 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 11:45 am
NC1 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
NC1 wrote:
hobbit712 wrote:
Ok....I'll play along.

Where are you located?
Not saying it didn’t happen, but odd they would know of us and not send you to the largest watch forum online (Watchuseek).

We keep it pretty tight around here.
I never tried that forum or know anything about it. I think because this is a micro brand and they said that the owner (Todd) is on here. They figured this would be my best shot. Don't know.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed May 04, 2022 5:45 pm

I am interested. Please upload a pic of the watch, today's date (5/4/22) and my screen name (streetracer101) written on a piece of paper next to the watch.

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Thu May 05, 2022 2:08 pm

Ghosted us? :rolleyes:
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

flyskate
Name: Stephen

Post by flyskate » Thu May 05, 2022 3:39 pm

maybe ghosted.
Stephen

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Thu May 05, 2022 4:37 pm

flyskate wrote:maybe ghosted.
Meh. He plainly said he wasn’t familiar with forums and was only here to try and sell a watch. When he saw it wasn’t going as he expected he probably bailed. Or benefit of the doubt as we know nothing about him, he’s just busy and hasn’t checked the forum.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Fri May 06, 2022 4:38 am

Lol BOD is strong 😂😂😂

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Sun May 08, 2022 1:20 pm

he probably glossed over the required 'nude photos of your significant other' rule when signing up? :roll:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sun May 08, 2022 1:46 pm

gr8sw wrote:he probably glossed over the required 'nude photos of your significant other' rule when signing up? :roll:
Nah, he sent them….

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Sun May 08, 2022 2:02 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 1:46 pm
gr8sw wrote:he probably glossed over the required 'nude photos of your significant other' rule when signing up? :roll:
Nah, he sent them….

HARDly nude?? :whip:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison