OLED TVs

Get your nerd on.
BlueSky
Name: David

OLED TVs

Post by BlueSky » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:39 am

Guys...I'm seeing some decent prices on this tech, which may or may not drop closer to the holidays. If you're in the market or never considered OLED, might want to take a look. IMO, these are HT or main viewing applications and I wouldn't spend the money for a secondary app. I happen to prefer LG, but it's the tech in general that makes these so great. So much stuff with HDR these days and OLED really shines.

jtbenson
Name: jason

Re: OLED TVs

Post by jtbenson » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:34 am

just picked up a sony with the x1 processor this week and am loving it.
quick and easy to change picture settings from "standard" for everyday viewing of tv, sports, etc. to "cinema" settings for shows, films.
built in sound is so good, i feel no need to add external audio (and i'm a bit of an audio snob).
(for context, this is my first new tv display in 10+ years, so i was predictably blown away by the improved performance.)

BlueSky
Name: David

Re: OLED TVs

Post by BlueSky » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:16 pm

jtbenson wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:34 am
just picked up a sony with the x1 processor this week and am loving it.
quick and easy to change picture settings from "standard" for everyday viewing of tv, sports, etc. to "cinema" settings for shows, films.
built in sound is so good, i feel no need to add external audio (and i'm a bit of an audio snob).
(for context, this is my first new tv display in 10+ years, so i was predictably blown away by the improved performance.)
Great...Don't know your model, but here is an AVS thread with some info, specifically settings on the A8H. D-Nice, the thread starter, is pretty well respected over there. At least find discussion on your model regarding settings. Some of these factory modes are really not what you want, but each to his own. Read up regarding burn in and enjoy.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2020-s ... k.3143518/