best way to save photo's form a computer

Get your nerd on.
River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

best way to save photo's form a computer

Post by River Rat » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:38 pm

My computer was about 8 years old and getting slow the mail app was acting up. So deleted it and tried to reinstall the app and notice I could not download apps. So, figured time for a new computer. I got a lot of photos I would hate to lose. What the fastest and easiest way to save the photos. Already deleted paperwork with bank stuff and will destroy it before I take it to the dumps. Dam this new computer a Lenovo dam fast compared to the old one and easy to set up. Costco had 150.00 off.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Re: best way to save photo's form a computer

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:20 pm

You can just save the photos to a flash drive or memory card on the computer, then put flash drive or memory card (if you have a slot for one on both, or you can buy an adapter) and then import on to your new computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rain_maker
Name: Fred

Post by rain_maker » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:41 am

Assuming your old computer has a USB port go pick up an external usb drive which are now fairly pretty cheap. Drag and drop to that and then plug that into the new computer and move over. I’d keep the pics on the drive as backup.

When you’re done be sure to go into your computers settings and do a full system erase/reset to fully erase everything that’s just deleted (but is still on your hard drive). Or take the had drive out and take a hammer or magnet to it or send it down range and put some holes in it.

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:22 pm

I use something similar to this...

https://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital- ... 37260&th=1

Mine is 2tb vs this one at 1tb but I use it to back up photos, documents, home videos etc..
Plug and play..
Greg