Best Buy has M1 MacBook Air's for $800

Get your nerd on.
Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:49 am

I'd been thinking of getting another iPad for awhile now. My Windows laptop is 15.6" and it just doesn't fit well in my work bag. I hadn't thought of actually getting a smaller laptop instead. I was at Best Buy wasting time while getting the VW serviced and saw they had the leftover M1 MacBook Airs marked down to $800. If I went iPad Air I wanted 256GB and that was going to be $750 already and if I went iPad Pro that would have been a minimum of $850 and less than 256GB. This 13" MacBook is such a perfect fit for what I want to use it for and I never even really considered it due to price. Now I'm debating if I should just sell my Windows laptop.

Just a heads up for you guys if you're looking for a new laptop.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Re: Best Buy has M1 MacBook Air's for $800

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:00 am

I have an M1 MacBook Air.
Got it when it came out in 2020. Still works like the day I got it, and it gets heavy use from me. I’m waiting another year probably so I’ll have gotten 4 years out of it, and then I’m probably upgrading to a M2 MacBook Pro but that’s just because of video editing power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:13 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:00 am
I have an M1 MacBook Air.
Got it when it came out in 2020. Still works like the day I got it, and it gets heavy use from me. I’m waiting another year probably so I’ll have gotten 4 years out of it, and then I’m probably upgrading to a M2 MacBook Pro but that’s just because of video editing power.

I have a guy that I work with that was asking me why I didn't just get a MacBook since I'm primarily an Apple user and I see why he recommended it. He said much of the same, lasts a long time and also still has value years down the road to sell and upgrade. I don't do too much intensive with computers. It's mostly media consumption and ease of transport which the MacBook Air will do better for me. I know I got the base Air they make, but it's well more powerful than necessary to handle anything I can throw at it.

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:03 am

MacBook Air is a heck of a machine. I’ve been a Mac guy for ever. They’re super solid and last a LONG TIME. My MBP is a 2017 and it runs great. May need to score a MBA if they’re that cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:13 am

The M1 chip is a game changer. The M2 probably is worth it if you’re going to be doing intensive tasks but for everyday the M1 is incredible.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:28 am

That seems like a deal. I need to check my local BB.
I have an older MacBook Pro and I’ll never go back to a windows PC or laptop. Can’t remember how long I’ve had it, several years.
Processor is 1.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Maybe 4-5 years old ?

It’s been much more reliable, never get virus or weird stuff like all our windows computers did. It’s compact and lift yet sturdy and reliable. It works just like day 1 besides a bit less battery life and screen is very crisp and has great color, doesnt feel outdated I guess is what I’m saying. Il get another Mac laptop for sure. Not even a second thought.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:15 am

I still have my MacBook Air from 2011. Put a new battery in it a few years ago. Still runs well for the few times a year I need it.

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:23 am

The M1 is badass. I have a 16" Macbook Pro (with the M1 pro chip) and it's great. Extremely power efficient.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:00 am

It’s a bad ass computer. Got one for work when it first came out and never had an issue. Fast as fuck and silent. For personal use I have a MacBook Pro M1Pro chip also badass. For $800 it’s a steal for how great it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:48 pm

ezcheese wrote:The M1 is badass. I have a 16" Macbook Pro (with the M1 pro chip) and it's great. Extremely power efficient.
Same here. That Pro chip is smoking fast and can handle dual monitors too.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:59 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:48 pm
ezcheese wrote:The M1 is badass. I have a 16" Macbook Pro (with the M1 pro chip) and it's great. Extremely power efficient.
True! I have used it with my larger 27” 4k monitor plus another 24” 1080p monitor and it was no sweat. Kind of cool to have 3 screens at times. The thing that sucks though is buying adapters for normal usb devices or hdmi since there’s just 1 normal hdmi port.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:11 pm

Torrid wrote:I'd been thinking of getting another iPad for awhile now. My Windows laptop is 15.6" and it just doesn't fit well in my work bag. I hadn't thought of actually getting a smaller laptop instead. I was at Best Buy wasting time while getting the VW serviced and saw they had the leftover M1 MacBook Airs marked down to $800. If I went iPad Air I wanted 256GB and that was going to be $750 already and if I went iPad Pro that would have been a minimum of $850 and less than 256GB. This 13" MacBook is such a perfect fit for what I want to use it for and I never even really considered it due to price. Now I'm debating if I should just sell my Windows laptop.

Can’t seem to see it on the site. Any particular code ?
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:12 pm

ezcheese wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:48 pm
True! I have used it with my larger 27” 4k monitor plus another 24” 1080p monitor and it was no sweat. Kind of cool to have 3 screens at times. The thing that sucks though is buying adapters for normal usb devices or hdmi since there’s just 1 normal hdmi port.
I use these as a docking station when we’re at home to get more ports and save on desk space.

www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:25 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Torrid wrote:I'd been thinking of getting another iPad for awhile now. My Windows laptop is 15.6" and it just doesn't fit well in my work bag. I hadn't thought of actually getting a smaller laptop instead. I was at Best Buy wasting time while getting the VW serviced and saw they had the leftover M1 MacBook Airs marked down to $800. If I went iPad Air I wanted 256GB and that was going to be $750 already and if I went iPad Pro that would have been a minimum of $850 and less than 256GB. This 13" MacBook is such a perfect fit for what I want to use it for and I never even really considered it due to price. Now I'm debating if I should just sell my Windows laptop.

Just click on it and you’ll see the price drops to $799

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:23 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:11 pm

Should be the regular price on the site. My local one had gold and space grey in stock. I had to go for that sweet gold.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/macbook-ai ... Id=5721600

Torrid

Post by Torrid » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:54 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:28 am
That seems like a deal. I need to check my local BB.
I have an older MacBook Pro and I’ll never go back to a windows PC or laptop. Can’t remember how long I’ve had it, several years.
Processor is 1.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Maybe 4-5 years old ?

It’s been much more reliable, never get virus or weird stuff like all our windows computers did. It’s compact and lift yet sturdy and reliable. It works just like day 1 besides a bit less battery life and screen is very crisp and has great color, doesnt feel outdated I guess is what I’m saying. Il get another Mac laptop for sure. Not even a second thought.
You know what's funny is that I was grabbing some stuff of my Asus laptop earlier and there's definitely a lot to be said for how Apple integrates with its software. The MacBook Air has less ram, 8GB vs 12GB, but it doesn't feel like it. The Asus is a great computer but side by side this MacBook just feels more polished. I remember when I just got out of high school I'd always use my aunt's MacBook. I loved it back then and that was 20 years ago. Cost is the only reason why I never bought one but the deal was so good I finally did it. Now I wouldn't have a problem with the $1k price tag after really experiencing it. I love the integration with my iPhone 14 Pro Max and how seamlessly my AirPods Pro switch between them. That's the real dynamic thing that I was missing with Windows, seamless switching and iMessage on both.

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:02 pm

I’m late to this thread. I have a 2021 MB Air with the M1, and it does everything I could want. That said, there’s some noise about a 15” Air soon. I might have to jump on that for my older eyes.
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”

DocHollidayDDS
Name: James

Post by DocHollidayDDS » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:06 am

Henryj wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:02 pm
I’m late to this thread. I have a 2021 MB Air with the M1, and it does everything I could want. That said, there’s some noise about a 15” Air soon. I might have to jump on that for my older eyes.
The 15” M2 MacBook Air was recently announced:
https://www.apple.com/macbook-air-13-and-15-m2/

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:46 am

DocHollidayDDS wrote:
Henryj wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:02 pm
The 15” M2 MacBook Air was recently announced:
https://www.apple.com/macbook-air-13-and-15-m2/
I have a 15” M2 Air. It’s a lot of computer for the $.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss