Badass shoe/boot link thread

Where did you get that man purse?
hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: Badass shoe/boot link thread

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:39 pm

Captdave wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:I’m currently enjoying break-in blisters from some new Red Wing 1907’s.

Today was all about the nicely worn Iron Rangers. Got them re-soled and new eyelets last spring. Had the copper ones done too.

Where did you get them done? Dave Page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red Wing stores will send them back to the factory. I think it was about $65 for soles, laces, & eyelets.

To do it again I’d specify the mini-Vibram sole like my dark grey IR’s have. These and my copper ones have the smooth sole.

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:24 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:39 pm
Captdave wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:I’m currently enjoying break-in blisters from some new Red Wing 1907’s.

Today was all about the nicely worn Iron Rangers. Got them re-soled and new eyelets last spring. Had the copper ones done too.

Red Wing stores will send them back to the factory. I think it was about $65 for soles, laces, & eyelets.

To do it again I’d specify the mini-Vibram sole like my dark grey IR’s have. These and my copper ones have the smooth sole.
Can you spec a non-original replacement sole when you send these to RW directly?

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:01 am

dukerules wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:39 pm
Captdave wrote:

Can you spec a non-original replacement sole when you send these to RW directly?
The IR’s are now available with either the plain sole or the mini-Vibram, so you can request either.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:05 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:06 pm
I’m currently enjoying break-in blisters from some new Red Wing 1907’s.

I don’t know if this would have helped your situation, but how much did you oil the leather before wearing? I bought a pair of Keen “Austin” that start off with really stiff leather upper. Oiled them three times. They were still stiff after second treatment, but became acceptably pliable after the third. I use Obenauf’s Leather Oil.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:57 am

HapaHapa wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:06 pm
I’m currently enjoying break-in blisters from some new Red Wing 1907’s.

I don’t know if this would have helped your situation, but how much did you oil the leather before wearing? I bought a pair of Keen “Austin” that start off with really stiff leather upper. Oiled them three times. They were still stiff after second treatment, but became acceptably pliable after the third. I use Obenauf’s Leather Oil.
To be clear, the IR’s in photo are wonderful, it’s the new 1907’s that are breaking in. I just had the Red Wing guy oil them up once before purchase. I’ve worn them maybe four separate days now, so I expect it to take a while. I may pick up some Obenauf’s and give them a couple coats. Thanks

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:45 pm

Breaking in a new pair of Helm's while I'm in the office. Very comfy even though they are new.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:00 pm

HapaHapa wrote:Breaking in a new pair of Helm's while I'm in the office. Very comfy even though they are new.
Almost pulled the trigger on these a few times. Would love to get your feedback after you had them for a few weeks. What price did you get them for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:09 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:00 pm
HapaHapa wrote:Breaking in a new pair of Helm's while I'm in the office. Very comfy even though they are new.
Almost pulled the trigger on these a few times. Would love to get your feedback after you had them for a few weeks. What price did you get them for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
$225
The Hapa