$2400

Where did you get that man purse?
BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Re: $2400

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:51 pm

BBK357 wrote:We’re getting all of it and most people I know are too. I guess being middle class in a flyover state helps.

Me and my wife are still getting paid- but this is a stimulus check. So we are paying my brother in-law, a small custom contractor, to re-do our countertops and make our island bigger. His business is going to slow quite a bit after his current build. Two families backed out of, or postponed their houses because their retirements tanked and they don’t feel comfortable building a new house.

Hopefully a lot this money will go to small business and communities.

Good job - way to share the love! Kudos.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:35 am

BBK357 wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:40 pm
We’re getting all of it and most people I know are too. I guess being middle class in a flyover state helps.

Me and my wife are still getting paid- but this is a stimulus check. So we are paying my brother in-law, a small custom contractor, to re-do our countertops and make our island bigger. His business is going to slow quite a bit after his current build. Two families backed out of, or postponed their houses because their retirements tanked and they don’t feel comfortable building a new house.

I’m using mine to hire a contractor buddy to expand our back deck. I suspect a lot of people will do the same.

abuemily
Name: Michael

Post by abuemily » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:47 am

We aren’t getting the full amount, but as we both still have incomes all ours is going to charity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:20 am

My reduced benefit is going towards a new car, thanks to the hit and run I detailed in the other thread.
- Todd

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:06 am

Chocodove wrote:My reduced benefit is going towards a new car, thanks to the hit and run I detailed in the other thread.
Did that end up getting totaled? And what happened to the offender?

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 am

SoCal C4S wrote:
Chocodove wrote:My reduced benefit is going towards a new car, thanks to the hit and run I detailed in the other thread.
Body shop is almost positive it’s going to be totaled. It’s a 2012 Civic that we were going to be getting rid of soon anyway since we need a bigger car now with the kid and my Crosstrek will go to the wife. So, assuming the other insurance does us right (never guaranteed) it may have worked out well.

Offender got:
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Careless driving
- Failure to report an accident

No sign of impairment. The police report was amusing in a dry sort of way. “Driver 1 claimed dizziness and that she did not realize she hit Vehicle 2. It should be noted that Vehicle 1 was missing half the right front bumper and a trail of vehicle fluid led to the back of a large privacy fence not normally used as a parking area”.

Lol.
- Todd

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:34 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
We’re getting all of it and most people I know are too. I guess being middle class in a flyover state helps.

I’m using mine to hire a contractor buddy to expand our back deck. I suspect a lot of people will do the same.

That’s great.
My parents own a small business and thank goodness they were unusually busy before the virus and have jobs through summer. I hope people will want to spend their stimulus on home improvement and construction in our area since many people around here will be getting money.

BacoNoir wrote:
BBK357 wrote:We’re getting all of it and most people I know are too. I guess being middle class in a flyover state helps.

Good job - way to share the love! Kudos.
Thanks man.
When we bought this house 2 years ago my wife wanted the countertops and island done right away- but I have been holding off to put money in savings.
Having a house in the country, I’ve always worried about the septic system or well or anything else that may go wrong and having money to fix it when it happens.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:55 am

Chocodove wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 am
SoCal C4S wrote:
Body shop is almost positive it’s going to be totaled. It’s a 2012 Civic that we were going to be getting rid of soon anyway since we need a bigger car now with the kid and my Crosstrek will go to the wife. So, assuming the other insurance does us right (never guaranteed) it may have worked out well.

Offender got:
- Careless driving

No sign of impairment. The police report was amusing in a dry sort of way. “Driver 1 claimed dizziness and that she did not realize she hit Vehicle 2. It should be noted that Vehicle 1 was missing half the right front bumper and a trail of vehicle fluid led to the back of a large privacy fence not normally used as a parking area”.

Lol.
That leaving the scene of an accident could be a misdemeanor or felony depending on state and prosecutor.

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:22 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:29 pm
Torrid wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:24 pm
We don’t qualify either since we sold the mtn house last year and the profit is added to our adjusted gross income.

Personally, I think the $1200 is the wrong approach and is not nearly enough to sustain people who’ve lost their jobs but still have mouths to feed and bills to pay, but are being told to isolate. They should have just done something like 60-80% of normal income (kind of like short term disability) when people file for unemployment. They’d need to do something similar for self employed folks who lost work, which would be trickier, but I’m sure smarter people than me could figure it out.
That is exactly what is being offered in addition to this, but it’s not being publicized.

That’s paid leave for people with COVID. I heard unemployment was upped to or by (?) $600/wk or something like that. Never been on unemployment but looked into it once a long time ago and it wasn’t much at all.
That’s true...the Union in our N.Y. plant wants us to shut down our essential business because the employees will make more out of work. Now we have work stoppage and slowdown issues. *sigh*
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:30 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:34 am

Having a house in the country, I’ve always worried about the septic system or well...
We don't live in the country, but when we first moved in to our house, water was supplied by a well.

That made power outages even more difficult to deal with.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:03 pm

Chocodove wrote:
SoCal C4S wrote:

Offender got:
- Careless driving

Lol.
Pray that that thing is totaled. When my wife's car was damaged with hail, I offered to pay the body shop for their time if they could get it totaled. It's unfair for them because they spend time creating an estimate, but don't get paid unless work is performed.

Our body shop declined my offer, but they were able to get it totaled after I made the offer. Geico's original estimate was $3800 and the body shop ended up with a repair estimate of around $23k.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:01 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:03 pm
Chocodove wrote:
SoCal C4S wrote:

Offender got:
- Careless driving

Lol.
Pray that that thing is totaled. When my wife's car was damaged with hail, I offered to pay the body shop for their time if they could get it totaled. It's unfair for them because they spend time creating an estimate, but don't get paid unless work is performed.

Our body shop declined my offer, but they were able to get it totaled after I made the offer. Geico's original estimate was $3800 and the body shop ended up with a repair estimate of around $23k.
$3800 would buy panels, and maybe only if used. I doubt would ever cover labor. Wow that was a fishy estimate.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:28 am

BBK357 wrote:

That’s really nice Ben, I seriously applaud you

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:12 am

Panerai7 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

Thanks Art.
Stimulating the economy and making the wife happy, all at one time!

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:02 am

BBK357 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:12 am
Panerai7 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

Thanks Art.

Win.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Mon May 04, 2020 6:25 pm

Turns out I don’t qualify for unemployment. Ohio, alone amongst the fifty states, credits Social Security against unemployment benefits.
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Mon May 04, 2020 6:29 pm

Henryj wrote:Turns out I don’t qualify for unemployment. Ohio, alone amongst the fifty states, credits Social Security against unemployment benefits.
I’m sorry to hear that.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Mon May 04, 2020 6:30 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

Thanks Art.

We’re remodeling our laundry room. Same deal. Help out a friend that needs work and makes wife happy.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

$2400

Post by hoppyjr » Mon May 04, 2020 7:07 pm

Captdave wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
BBK357 wrote:

Thanks Art.

We’re remodeling our laundry room. Same deal. Help out a friend that needs work and makes wife happy.

Since I’ve been home going on 8 weeks now, with time on my hands, I’m considering doing some work to help others too. For a modest amount of money I’ll keep wives happy, but your laundry rooms aren’t gonna look any different.

:wink: :lol: