Walking tour of RiNo

Where did you get that man purse?
BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Walking tour of RiNo

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:41 pm

Today, Laurie, Oso and I went downtown to one of the neighborhoods that’s been revitalized/gentrified, or both. It was lived in, but most of the businesses were closed, so those places have been turned into apartments or condos and new businesses (bars, breweries, wineries, cideries, restaurants, etc) and the walls and alleys are full of murals. Some stay, some get painted over and redone, so it’s always changing. If we ever decide to move downtown, the River North (RiNo) area will be a strong contender. After walking around and seeing the murals, we stopped into to Stem Cidery and enjoyed a few, and then over to Infinite Monkey Theorem Urban Winery before heading back to the burbs.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

We also ran across a neighborhood food pantry - saw these on the local news the other night. Denver neighborhood have set up fridges/canned goods shelves around the city and locals are stocking them and the homeless or anyone in need can take whatever they want. Next time we go back to the area, we’ll definitely take some food to add to the food pantry.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Re: Walking tour of RiNo

Post by rockmastermike » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:44 pm

looks pretty cool.

"The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type any given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare. In fact, the monkey would almost surely type every possible finite text an infinite number of times" - wikipedia

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:09 pm

Seems like a nice day- love the murals. Miss being able to grab a drink at a bar..

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:38 pm

Great day in the arty part if town. Very cool.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:55 pm

Reminds me of the infinite redneck theory. This theory states that an infinite number of rednecks with an infinite number of shotguns shooting at an infinite number of stop signs would recreate the complete works of William Shakespeare - in braille.

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:48 pm

Ryeguy wrote:Reminds me of the infinite redneck theory. This theory states that an infinite number of rednecks with an infinite number of shotguns shooting at an infinite number of stop signs would recreate the complete works of William Shakespeare - in braille.
That’s hilarious!
www.simplynoble.net

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Post by Erratic101 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:46 pm

It’s crazy, I grew up here and to me RiNo and all that crap is still 5 points. White people didn’t go there unless they were willing to risk getting shot, usually for drugs lol. The “highlands” is another area that unless you were Hispanic you just stayed out of, the exception was if you had a low rider!

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:19 am

Looking forward to getting out and touring the area as things begin to open back up.
I have a gift certificate for a whiskey walking tour that goes through downtown Denver, with history of the area and stops along the way at distilleries and historically significant restaurants.
Greg

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:38 am

We call the people who gentrify these neighborhoods Urban Pioneers.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

kfalk
Old Chub
Name: Kelly

Post by kfalk » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:02 pm

Erratic101 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:46 pm
It’s crazy, I grew up here and to me RiNo and all that crap is still 5 points. White people didn’t go there unless they were willing to risk getting shot, usually for drugs lol. The “highlands” is another area that unless you were Hispanic you just stayed out of, the exception was if you had a low rider!
Yep. And we didn’t refer to the neighborhoods with these names (except 5 points). It was North,South, East and West Denver.

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:00 pm

kfalk wrote:
Erratic101 wrote:
Yep. And we didn’t refer to the neighborhoods with these names (except 5 points). It was North,South, East and West Denver.
Yep, when they started renaming all these places it was so confusing to me, but I guess I’m use to it now. I laugh at the Stevenson car commercial where they are talking “I’ve been looking all over for work, NoCo, LoHi, LoDo, SoCo, RiNo...oh that’s where I go for FroYo. Hey, yolo. I’m sorry, is that by Cherry Creek?” It’s so absurd, it’s kind of funny.
www.simplynoble.net

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:22 pm

Looks like you guys had a fun day

You pup looks a bit like mine, except just a tad bigger :lol:
54F0F133-4C75-4B69-AD0A-A08C0818E029.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:27 pm

deepcdvr wrote:Looks like you guys had a fun day

Cute! Yeah, he’s an Australian Shepard / Boarder Collie mix and is a little on the chucks side (70lbs) like me. LOL
www.simplynoble.net

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:52 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:00 pm
kfalk wrote:
Erratic101 wrote:
Yep, when they started renaming all these places it was so confusing to me, but I guess I’m use to it now. I laugh at the Stevenson car commercial where they are talking “I’ve been looking all over for work, NoCo, LoHi, LoDo, SoCo, RiNo...oh that’s where I go for FroYo. Hey, yolo. I’m sorry, is that by Cherry Creek?” It’s so absurd, it’s kind of funny.
I can't keep up with all that renaming shit. i just know when i moved here 20 years ago I only went in that area once. and that was enough for me.

kind of like east colfax area. fuck that.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:34 am

BacoNoir wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Cute! Yeah, he’s an Australian Shepard / Boarder Collie mix and is a little on the chucks side (70lbs) like me. LOL
She's a mini-aussie - 20 lbs max - that's big enough for me at this point
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:13 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:27 pm

She's a mini-aussie - 20 lbs max - that's big enough for me at this point
Our next one will be smaller - mini aussie and corgi are on the list.
www.simplynoble.net