JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

House Prices...

Post by JDC222 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:44 am

Where have house prices risen the most?

Ridiculous Vancouver real estate;

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/604now.com/ ... -2021/amp/

600k over asking = 2.3M for a tear-down!
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Captdave

Re: House Prices...

Post by Captdave » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:47 am

My wife had a buyer go 450,000 over asking all cash on a 3.2 million listing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:54 am

Well they been rising every were even here in Montana the building materials have made it even more expensive glad I had mine built when that stuff was cheap. And bare property just the land no house have went up. Think I paid 7000 for a little more than a acre now the same lot 100,000 and no house just the land. Bozeman is really expensive now starting now 500,000 and up. The local are bitching because out of staters that work from home have been buying every thing up.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:58 am

According to my estimator, the lumber in the average single family home will cost you an additional $25-$30k today as compared to a year ago due to COVID supply chain issues and increased demand.

Captdave

Post by Captdave » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:00 pm

River Rat wrote:Well they been rising every were even here in Montana the building materials have made it even more expensive glad I had mine built when that stuff was cheap. And bare property just the land no house have went up. Think I paid 7000 for a little more than a acre now the same lot 100,000 and no house just the land. Bozeman is really expensive now starting now 500,000 and up. The local are bitching because out of staters that work from home have been buying every thing up.
My wife’s last client she sold their house for ($1.5 million) is moving to Kalispell to get away from the uber liberal politics of Washington and the west coast in general, according to what they told my wife.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:13 pm

The market around here is crazy right now. People paying all cash and several thousand above asking while waiving all contingencies. We could probably make a ton if we sold our home right now, but then we too would have to pay all cash and several thousand above asking while waiving all contingencies for our new house.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads

Post by JDC222 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:27 pm

Time to move to Italy!! Same price as the Vancouver tear-down!

https://www.knightfrank.com/properties/ ... i012184372

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:33 pm

Captdave wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:00 pm
River Rat wrote:Well they been rising every were even here in Montana the building materials have made it even more expensive glad I had mine built when that stuff was cheap. And bare property just the land no house have went up. Think I paid 7000 for a little more than a acre now the same lot 100,000 and no house just the land. Bozeman is really expensive now starting now 500,000 and up. The local are bitching because out of staters that work from home have been buying every thing up.
My wife’s last client she sold their house for ($1.5 million) is moving to Kalispell to get away from the uber liberal politics of Washington and the west coast in general, according to what they told my wife.

Even if they think the same politics the locals are pissed at them for making it were a local cant buy any thing the locals make less money and the out of stators offer more and make the price go up were it nocks the locals who lived here all there life's can't buy there first house and you can't even find a place to rent to because of out of stators . They had a thing about it on the news. So they mite not be welcome. A friend of mine a relator he took a break from it he got tired of out of stators glad he likes me but I was here before to many started moving here. So many moved here Bozeman had to build anther high school and we are getting another congress man due to more population. I hope Montana don't get ruined.

WatchOut63
Name: Jim

Post by WatchOut63 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:26 pm

JBZ wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:13 pm
The market around here is crazy right now. People paying all cash and several thousand above asking while waiving all contingencies. We could probably make a ton if we sold our home right now, but then we too would have to pay all cash and several thousand above asking while waiving all contingencies for our new house.
Same boat here. Watching some homes in our sub sell for the highest prices ever and I'm sitting back thinking, that house has nothing on mine. But ya, I'm not selling, I like the comfort of knowing I can pay mine off today if I wanted to.
The lumber prices are just ridiculous, glad Ii don't need any right now. I feel for first time home buyers, definitely not a buyers market at the moment.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:29 pm

I just smile when I see the prices of houses in my neighborhood selling over asking price within 24 to 48 hours of being on the market.

However it's all relative as if you were moving elsewhere you'd probably get less house for the same money.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:55 pm

This came up in my neighborhood. They are calling it a condo, but it's really just an 8 unit apartment building. Crazy. That nice sized patio is a roughly 8x15 slab inside a wood fence. The photo also shows how close together the homes/ buildings are. To the right is a two unit condo (where you might see me cutting the grass). To the left is another apartment building.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:12 pm

JBZ wrote:
sounds a lot like the market we bought in back in 2001.

the main difference between that market and this one is that lenders aren't giving subprime loans any more that are likely to crash out after they sell them.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:45 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:55 pm
This came up in my neighborhood. They are calling it a condo, but it's really just an 8 unit apartment building. Crazy. That nice sized patio is a roughly 8x15 slab inside a wood fence. The photo also shows how close together the homes/ buildings are. To the right is a two unit condo (where you might see me cutting the grass). To the left is another apartment building.
That look like a dump like a junky apartment building in Oakland I remember seeing. There a 2 acre lot with a 1200-1400 sq ft house a street down from me for 400,000 better than 700,000 for 900 sq ft living arm pit to arm pit next to your neighbor

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:26 pm

River Rat wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:45 pm
HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:55 pm
That look like a dump like a junky apartment building in Oakland I remember seeing. There a 2 acre lot with a 1200-1400 sq ft house a street down from me for 400,000 better than 700,000 for 900 sq ft living arm pit to arm pit next to your neighbor
100% agree
The Hapa

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat May 01, 2021 4:39 pm

It is crazy here also. They have named this place CaliRADO. Most homes sell in one day and are usually 60k over asking. People are paying in cash. And our homeless population has has grown 400%.

We are super close to leaving this area.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sat May 01, 2021 5:02 pm

toxicavenger wrote:It is crazy here also. They have named this place CaliRADO. Most homes sell in one day and are usually 60k over asking. People are paying in cash. And our homeless population has has grown 400%.

Same here. We hope to retire in the next 3-5 years and are considering moving somewhere less populated but the weather here is hard to beat. We visited Cottonwood, AZ at Christmas and it was awesome. Great food, wine and scenery. Need to see what it’s like in summer.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat May 01, 2021 5:40 pm

toxicavenger wrote:It is crazy here also. They have named this place CaliRADO. Most homes sell in one day and are usually 60k over asking. People are paying in cash. And our homeless population has has grown 400%.

Hahaha I know a lot of folks who’ve moved to CO recently. Calirado for sure.
:htfu:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat May 01, 2021 6:48 pm

matt.wu wrote:

Californians poor choices have caused the current “state of the state”, so they move to other states that aren’t a mess yet….but they take their ignorance of government and civics, so they help ruin other states.

Shameful.

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Sat May 01, 2021 7:39 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:48 pm
matt.wu wrote:

Californians poor choices have caused the current “state of the state”, so they move to other states that aren’t a mess yet….but they take their ignorance of government and civics, so they help ruin other states.

Shameful.
Come on, man. There’s idiots in every state, and we don’t run the state. Don’t generalize.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat May 01, 2021 8:01 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Shameful.
Come on, man. There’s idiots in every state, and we don’t run the state. Don’t generalize.
Yeah, but people in general are willfully ignorant to the results of their political choices. This is what led California Dow the path it’s been on for 40 years. It’s happening in the northeastern states too. We see the result of the exodus to states like Texas, Colorado, and Florida. Those states are changing because of idiots who leave but continue to believe in the failed policies of the states they fled. It’s a fact. Sorry if it hurts.

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Sat May 01, 2021 8:24 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:01 pm
HapaHapa wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Shameful.
Yeah, but people in general are willfully ignorant to the results of their political choices. This is what led California Dow the path it’s been on for 40 years. It’s happening in the northeastern states too. We see the result of the exodus to states like Texas, Colorado, and Florida. Those states are changing because of idiots who leave but continue to believe in the failed policies of the states they fled. It’s a fact. Sorry if it hurts.
Doesn’t hurt at all. Polly tishuns are f’d up everywhere and I don’t think the voters get what they want regardless of party. It feels like there are two groups of people. You and I are in the group that works for a living. Then there’s the politician sort of folk who play games for a living and screw all of us. I know I simplify things a lot, but i just work, pay bills and buy groceries. The rest seems like a big waste of time to me.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sun May 02, 2021 12:03 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:01 pm
HapaHapa wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Shameful.
Doesn’t hurt at all. Polly tishuns are f’d up everywhere and I don’t think the voters get what they want regardless of party. It feels like there are two groups of people. You and I are in the group that works for a living. Then there’s the politician sort of folk who play games for a living and screw all of us. I know I simplify things a lot, but i just work, pay bills and buy groceries. The rest seems like a big waste of time to me.
Yep, the corporations own the politicians in both parties, as well as the parties themselves. They no longer work for we the people. I’ve been saying for 20 years, we need term limits, corporate money out of politics, and a ban on lobbying after the political career is over. With out those, it’s just more of the same, with a slight swing towards the environment or military depending on who has control.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Sun May 02, 2021 1:35 pm

:clap:

i spent a few years working for a lobbying firm in the late 80s. it was eye opening and disheartening. i left before i ran out of self-respect.

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:48 pm

JBZ wrote:
The problem w/selling right now, is that you need to have a plan b,c,d and e to find a new place. I am sure we could sell for a profit right now but there is no way we can find anything in the area that we want that has everything we currently have.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Mon May 03, 2021 1:02 pm

It's great to be a seller but can you find anything. Bought my house outside of Boston at the highest possible price... can sell it for 150-175K more but what am I going to buy and at what price...I hear people bypassing inspections, etc because if they don't buy someone else will....still need to be careful...