Artificial Christmas Trees?

Where did you get that man purse?
r.palace

Artificial Christmas Trees?

Post by r.palace » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:02 am

Admittedly, I’ve never been a fan of faux Christmas trees. However, grabbing a tree down here in S. FL doesn’t have the same charm as going to a tree farm elsewhere (I usually just go to Home Depot or Lowes for my tree).

This last tree left such a mess everywhere that I’ve started seriously thinking about artificial trees.

Much like everything else, there is a plethora of options and I’m reaching out to those who perhaps have owned an artificial tree for a while and can recommend a specific brand or seller.

Looking to stay sub $500 (what is even the going budget for one of these ).

Thanks in advance, fellers.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Re: Artificial Christmas Trees?

Post by Chocodove » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:39 am

Every time I think I have seen it all on here, something new surprises me :)

I have had artificial all my life. originally because my family hated the mess and maintenance of a real tree and later because I had cats in the house that could die if they ate the needles. We just have a decent looking pre-lit one from Home Depot that I think was around $250?? I forget. We will probably upgrade this year since now my son understands what a Christmas tree is.

I see commercials on TV for the company Balsam Hill around Christmas a lot. Checked them out one time and they are super nice, but also super expensive IMO. Home Depot for me.
- Todd

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:02 am

I haven't used or wanted a live tree since I was a kid. I've had pre-lit trees ever since I've been a homeowner back in the 80's.

Just look around as there are many that look lifelike, but whatever you do get one with LED lights.

I've got two older ones I'm tired of fixing/replacing lights on that will be going to Goodwill soon.

kfalk
Old Chub
Name: Kelly

Post by kfalk » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:43 am

Ralph had you only asked this question before Christmas.

We got our last one a handful of years ago from Home Depot. They have/had a 50% off deal day after Christmas. Not sure if they still offer it?

As Todd mentioned Balsam Hill are supposedly good quality and offer a nice variety of species, but are a shit ton of cash.

DoctorC
Name: Greg

Post by DoctorC » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:01 am

Greg

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:55 am

It seems like you could get a really nice one on etsy for that.

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=pre%20lit ... %20lit%20c

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:55 am

I’ve always had artificial, other than one year right after I got married. My Jewish wife puts our tree up on Halloween, so going with a real one is no longer a realistic option. We’re getting a new one this year. Our old one was looking kind of ratty.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:03 pm

Or artificial tree still sheds/releases green strands of plastic. Not as much as a real tree but it sill makes a mess. After 10 years of using this one I think we are going back to a real one.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:24 pm

Been using artificial trees for about 40 years, the wood stove dried out the real trees way too quickly.

For the past several years, we've shopped for a replacement artificial tree, but most have lights integrated into the tree...

not our preference and haven't come across one worth buying to replace what we have.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:01 pm

Dang, am I the only guy on here who still cuts down a tree every year?

We are full old school, cutting down the tree and dragging it out with a sled.

After the holidays we either feed the tree to my neighbor’s goats (they love ‘em) or organize a big burn (dry Christmas trees burn insanely fast and hot).

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:30 pm

We’ve been using artificial tree for over 30 years. Best we’ve ever found is Balsam Hill. Look the best, easy to set up, great durability and, even comes with its own storage case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:50 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:01 pm

After the holidays we either feed the tree to my neighbor’s goats (they love ‘em) or organize a big burn (dry Christmas trees burn insanely fast and hot).
Nope, my grandparents owned a "cut your own" christmas tree farm for decades. Grandparents passed a few years ago so now for the first time I have to buy trees from others... Probably will never cross the line into buying a fake tree though. Just built a new home on a wooded lot so we might start getting a potted tree and then planting in our woods after Christmas. A few local nurseries offer this option.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:58 am

dnslater wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:50 am
Ryeguy wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:01 pm

Nope, my grandparents owned a "cut your own" christmas tree farm for decades. Grandparents passed a few years ago so now for the first time I have to buy trees from others... Probably will never cross the line into buying a fake tree though. Just built a new home on a wooded lot so we might start getting a potted tree and then planting in our woods after Christmas. A few local nurseries offer this option.
Thank goodness - I thought for a moment there I was the only one.

There are still a number of tree farms up here. The nicer ones have little hot mulled cider stands and ornament shops.

My son has finally gotten old enough to actually cut the tree down himself. It is an annual family tradition of going out and getting frustrated with my wife as she agonizes in her decision of this tree or that one.