New Microbrand vintage style

A place to discuss vintage watches.
Rion
Name: Rion

New Microbrand vintage style

Post by Rion » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:30 pm

Hi, I would like to introduce my new vintage inspired microbrand. I just launched last month and I would like some reviews and feedback about my watches. The website is not perfect as there are a few finetuning that needs to be done, but I would like some overall opinions:

https://propellerwatch.com

Thanks a bunch,
R.
:cheers:

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Re: New Microbrand vintage style

Post by hobbit712 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:36 am

Dude get ready for the onslaught. This is a pretty tight knit watch community. And we don't usually welcome those that just come here to peddle their goods. An introduction and getting to know us is usually a better style.

That said....I didn't click on your link as I don't know you. I did go your site to look around. Honestly, the website does need work. The pics are not that good and that is what I usually look for first. :shrug:

Good luck in your endeavors.
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:56 am

Same. I checked the website and my first thought was “Invicta”. Not much to like for me.

While social media - including Internet forums - are the new way to market products, rule number one should always be “have an outstanding product” and rule number two is definitely “know your audience”. In your first post here you missed the mark on both.

Good luck.

stonehead887
Name: Jeremy

Post by stonehead887 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:54 am

Same here. Didn't click link but checked website. Unimpressed

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:52 pm

Sorry don't care for micro brand copies of vintage. They have no soul no aged steel or real aged lume tried a few and flipped them so fast. Nothing but the real McCoy the real thing.
The real thing. Seen so many through the years come here to sell their stuff then gone in a flash never to return. This is the vintage section not the new section.

Rion

Post by Rion » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:39 pm

Hi, All. Thanks so much for the honest feedback. I'm not on this forum to gain sales. I'm already doing that fine. I'm just hoping to be a part of your community.

During the Canadian Covid shut-down I started to mod Seikos and eventually started to work on my own designs. I'm interested in your community to help me with the designing process. When I show my latest designs, I'm just want some advice before I sink thousands into a specific model design. My design background is Frank Lloyd Wright style architecture (I apprenticed with 2 of his former apprentices from the 1950's), so working on watches is very new to me.

Thanks for the photo feedback- I booked a professional photographer for the images, so that will help the "need better pictures."

Thanks also for the Invicta reference. If they built less flashy watches I would have a few of them. I like more subtle designs.

So here is my question, if I post some of my watch designs, can I have feedback from you guys? :salute:

Thanks,
Rion
Last edited by Rion on Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rion

Post by Rion » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:42 pm

Here is my latest 300M, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel insert, and Swiss lume. This is basically what I think a Seiko should be. Thoughts? And yes, a professional photographer :banghead:

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:48 am

Rion wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:42 pm
Here is my latest 300M, sapphire crystal, ceramic bezel insert, and Swiss lume. This is basically what I think a Seiko should be. Thoughts? And yes, a professional photographer :banghead:
It’s a clean design, if a bit vanilla, but please reconsider the logo. It’s just too Invicta for me.
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:01 am

Rion wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:39 pm
H
So here is my question, if I post some of my watch designs, can I have feedback from you guys? :salute:

Thanks,
Rion
I would say yes -

Welcome to DWC :cheers:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:23 am

Henryj wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:48 am
Rion wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:42 pm
It’s a clean design, if a bit vanilla, but please reconsider the logo. It’s just too Invicta for me.
Bentley was the first thing that came to my mind..

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:11 am

There is nothing vintage looking on that watch. I been collecting real vintage watches for over 20 years, so I know what I am talking about. We do have a Micro brand section more appropriate for your watch. Putting it in the vintage section you will get a little crap but less in the micro section a piece of advice.
https://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/ ... m.php?f=74

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Post by gonzomantis » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:10 pm

I think the watch looks like the love child of a Citizen (especially the bezel), and an Invicta. It looks okay, but the logo is a bit too much like Invicta.