Might be done

A place to discuss vintage watches.
River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Might be done

Post by River Rat » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:40 pm

I have been collecting vintage watches for a very long time all ways on the hunt for the perfect vintage watch but never happy after the newness wears off. Last June I added a Technos skydiver to the collection. I been wearing it a lot more than any other watch. Only time I used another watch more than 15 days was when the technos was in the shop waiting for a crystal to be replaced. The bead of rice bracelet comfortable the lume aged like fine wine, the size perfect the hands and dial just different and big so easy to see you respect that when you get old. And it has the cool factor. I have a lot to choose from, but I keep wearing this one. It's thin case light weight and the BOR bracelet you forget you have it on because you don't feel the weight. I will bookmark deals of cool vintage watches and let it go on eBay One was just similar to this with big crown just a odd brand under the radar and I let it go think it sold for 350. Maybe I am burnt out of the hunt then getting it service or just happy with what I got in the collection or I am getting to old to keep it up. But I am happy wearing this Technos every day now.

Here is the one I let go never put a bid on it am I loosing my touch ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265627906722?h ... 7675.l2557

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Re: Might be done

Post by rockmastermike » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:48 pm

good to hear you are happy with the Technos, Mike. It's rare to find one that speaks so much to you and that's a good looking watch

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:11 pm

You’ve got too many amazing vintage watches in the collection to be done!

(That’s a great looking watch though)
:htfu:

serdal22
Name: Serdal

Post by serdal22 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:36 pm

Your Technos, indeed, is in amazing shape. I had one of those years ago, and as you said, these gems are very comfortable.

Serdal
Seiko SKX 173 Mil. Mod.; Seiko SBCM 029; Seiko 6306 - 7000; MKII LRRP UTC 48; MKII Stingray; Marathon MSar 500 LE; Marathon Navigator; USSR Signal Mechanical Alarm; USSR NOS Raketa Mechanical; USSR NOS Poljot Shturmansky Mechanical Chrono; Hamilton H-31 Chrono; Hamilton Auto;  Arsa Extra WW II Mechanical; Citizen Ecozilla; Alpha GMT Coke Auto; ONLY TWO WRISTS :-)

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:41 pm

That Technos is very cool. It’s good to be satisfied with the collection. I’m very close to that now, too.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:41 pm

you've got a great collection, Mike, but it's been harder for me to get excited about vintage watches with the rising costs and non-availability of parts & maintenance... I sold several of my nice vintage pieces and have been drifting towards modern, vintage-style watches for a few years now...

a good time to be a seller of quality vintage... a buyer, not so much
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:28 pm

dope watch mike. i understand the done thing. i have been there and back way too many times!! lol

smellody
Name: Christopher

Post by smellody » Sat May 07, 2022 12:40 pm

Super cool watch! I predict you will stumble across another that you will want one day. But being content is bliss.

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sat May 07, 2022 7:41 pm

Congrats Mike. That’s a great looking watch. Nice that you’re content. I’m a little jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.