I think Seiya is shutting down.

Discussion of Seiko watches
3migo
Name: Russell

Re: I think Seiya is shutting down.

Post by 3migo » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:20 pm

I'd also noticed the multiple extended vacations and this most recent unspecified duration break and was worried.

I've bought multiple watches from Seiya & he's always been fantastic. Ridiculously fast shipping, quick & kind communication, and he sold/shipped JDM models to the states *long* before Seiko had any real American presence for the good stuff.

Hopefully this is just a break & we'll see him return. Would be a real shame to lose Seiya.

powerband
Name: Johnny

Post by powerband » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:53 pm

I can’t count as high as the number of watches I’ve bought from him over the past 15 years. He was/is the JDM man. More importantly is that I hope he and his family are well.

I remember (vaguely) that he struggled with mental health issues. Hopefully that’s behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pete26
Name: Peter Lind

Post by pete26 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:44 pm

I follow him on Instagram and he is cruising around Tokyo in his VW Beetle. I suspect that the JDM market has become too hard and he's probably thinking about retiring.I believe he sources watches from a few notable AD's around Tokyo and is kind of like a broker, whereas Chino and Higuchi were/are AD's.