Hemlig Prototype 1st Impressions

Discussion of microbrand watches
Bradystraps
Name: Todd

Re: Hemlig Prototype 1st Impressions

Post by Bradystraps » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:44 pm

Hey, I had this brilliant idea of perhaps offering a Quartz version of the LE. What do you guys think?

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:56 pm

Bradystraps wrote:Hey, I had this brilliant idea of perhaps offering a Quartz version of the LE. What do you guys think?

manitoujoe
Name: Mark

Post by manitoujoe » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:37 am

Well, my pics will definitely not compete with the others above. So, apologies in advance. Haha.

My short time with the watch? I really like it. It is well-balanced on my 7.25 wrist, nice blasted finish, and the asymmetric case is a nice change for me.

The dial is exceptionally clear and easy to read. I kind of miss a touch of red, maybe at the second hand tip? But that’s minor. I agree with the comment above about the aluminum bezel. It works. I have a ceramic one in my Maratec homage watch, and it’s too shiny for me. This, however, just looks nice.

The only issue I ran across is the placement of the lug holes, I guess. I removed the stock NATO (very nice quality, btw) for a simple Zulu strap. The stock NATO could feed easily through the top of the watch case, but the 6 o’clock side? Not at all. Had to remove the springbar there. Not sure why, maybe its really a springbar issue, but I played with what I had.

Overall, this is a watch that took over from my Sinn T2 for the length of the visit, and I didn’t think about my daily wearer once. That’s something I haven’t done in almost 18 months. So that says something to me.

Great job, Todd! It’s headed to the next stop tomorrow. Thanks for letting me be a part of this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:35 pm

I did notice the difference in spring bar spacing as well. The ToxicNATO was an easy fit, but anything thicker was an issue with the 6 o’clock side. The stock NATO was nice but just a bit too short to double back into the keepers the way I prefer to wear them. The positive is I have the stack of straps ready to go onto this one if I do pick one up when they come out.

manitoujoe
Name: Mark

Post by manitoujoe » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:01 pm

Yeah, it worked well with my Maratac zulu. I really like the watch. Just asked Todd via email when it’d be available for purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

Bradystraps
Name: Todd

Post by Bradystraps » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:34 am

Thank you, Mark, for the pictures and kind words. I'm glad you liked the LE. :thumbsup: