A day in the life of the Monta Atlas GMT

Discussion of microbrand watches
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:48 pm

Thanks to Todd for the Monta Atlas GMT that comes in three flavors: Opaline, Blue and Charcoal. The sun-ray charcoal looks charcoal in some light/angles and then shows off its rich, gold/brown undertones in different light/angles

And it's sun-ray bezel is amazing no matter the conditions. In fact, the polish/brushed finishing is really amazing at this or any price point

The caller/desk GMT is powered by the SW330 and have been spot on for me so far.

High polish dial furniture and hands are striking to look at and crazy good lume, too.

The Monta strap is a perfect fit (as you'd imagine) looks good and conformable

anyway here are a few shots

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: A day in the life of the Monta Atlas GMT

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:34 pm

Yep, they make a nice watch.

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:17 pm

very nice RMM! is this a pre-sales post?? :lol: :cheers:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:33 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:34 pm
Yep, they make a nice watch.
color me impressed w/ Monta
gr8sw wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:17 pm
very nice RMM! is this a pre-sales post?? :lol: :cheers:
well, they all go eventually and there are a few that will be listed before this...Oris, Lum-Tec, CasiOaks ?!?

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:59 pm

yeah i really like my atlas. the charcoal dial looks black half of the time. and the fit and finish is perfect.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:47 pm

toxicavenger wrote:yeah i really like my atlas. the charcoal dial looks black half of the time.
Never mind Image🥸Image

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:45 am

That is a very well put together watch, RMM. Almost* all the design elements work well together.

I really like the thinner bezel with the GMT scale on the rehaut and the bold, faceted, indices. Just a great combination that works well together as a package.

If Monta put a rotating elapsed time bezel on it I would own one as the nearly perfect travel watch.

*I remain unconvinced the bent GMT hand was the only way to make the dial indices work with this movement/ hand stack. Personally, i would’ve been more happy to see a slightly taller crystal and taller pinion to raise the hand stack above the indices.

Further, this dial looks much nicer than the newer models with the lower indices and straight GMT hand. The bold indices were one of the elements that made the Monta “special” and I’m disappointed to lose them.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:31 am

Oh nice Mike, that's stunning honestly ! :excited: Check out the special effects which are
happening with that dial sir. :o ;) One second it does look like a beautiful charcoal
just as you said. However, a second later you would swear there are other color dials
underneath looking to shine through. It really is terrific ! And definitely helps you want
to look down all the time I bet. And once you do you have to get caught up in the great
way Monta did the markers, and numbering. ..I love how they look first off with a nice
vintage style. But the combnation, and how the numbers look on the inner ring really
grabs you, or me I mean. :) Even the hands are perfect both looks wise, as well as
their size.

Add in the exceptonal case, along with unbelievable brushed bezel, and you really
have the perfect GMT, or watch for that matter. With a movement to back it all up,
as well as strap to be a fantastic icing on the cake. Wishing you a MEGA Monta cool
congratulations here !!! ..Enjoy !