Towson Watch Co.’s Recruit vs Cadet

Discussion of microbrand watches
AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:44 am

Guys, have you had time to see Towson's Recruit vs Cadet?

This watch is a tribute to Recruits and Cadets within the miltary, as well as
helps celebrate the Navy vs Army rivalry. Having details like a brushed 41mm
stainless steel case, satin finished bezel, nice Olive Green or Navy Blue dials, 
ETA caliber 2824-2, or Sellita SW200-1 movements and black, or brown hand
stitched straps.

Some pictures everyone...

Timezone, and Towson with this and more...

https://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t ... sg_7736745

https://www.towsonwatchcompany.com/

CGSshorty
Admin

Re: Towson Watch Co.’s Recruit vs Cadet

Post by CGSshorty » Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:53 pm

Oof. That date window is an abomination.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Wario406
Name: Mike

Post by Wario406 » Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:17 am

CGSshorty wrote:Oof. That date window is an abomination.

Move the date window 2mm to the right and balance some black on that side - bam. A sweet watch. Blew it with that miss IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Wario406 on Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

snootydog
Jagermaster
Name: Andy

Post by snootydog » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:35 am

Not bad looking watches, completely spoilt by the date window. A no date version would have been much better.
Andy :uj:

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:56 pm

Agree - watch is cool but WTF HAPPENED TO THE DATE AREA? Holy sht…
Last edited by deepcdvr on Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!

Post by AtomicTom » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:54 am

It’s funny guys, I didn’t take too much notice of that date at first. :oops:
I guess I was looking at the dial colors, as well as case shape. But
yeah, they should have a no date version, or just have moved the
window over a bit. :)

As usual, you guys are right. :salute: And I cannot thank everyone enough
for chiming in on these !!!

Bob1035
Name: Rob not Bob

Post by Bob1035 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:37 am

So this one is a little near and dear to me, as I live in the town the watch is named after. Of all of their offerings, this is actually my favorite, but I'm a little hesitant to spend 4 figures on microbrands (especially with that date window :puke: ).

A little backstory on the company

I was suprised to learn how many micros are in my area. Tsao (I have one), Hager (bleh rolex ripoffs with a claimed psuedo military connection), McDowell (pretty cool stuff). Maryland Watch Works is a watchmaker that I think does most of the assembly for some of them.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:38 am

Bob1035 wrote:So this one is a little near and dear to me, as I live in the town the watch is named after. Of all of their offerings, this is actually my favorite, but I'm a little hesitant to spend 4 figures on microbrands (especially with that date window :puke: ).

I was suprised to learn how many micros are in my area. Tsao (I have one), Hager (bleh rolex ripoffs with a claimed psuedo military connection), McDowell (pretty cool stuff). Maryland Watch Works is a watchmaker that I think does most of the assembly for some of them.
Stop in to say hello and tell him the date window sucks. If he fixed that it would be a nice looking watch.
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:43 am

Bob1035 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:37 am
So this one is a little near and dear to me, as I live in the town the watch is named after. Of all of their offerings, this is actually my favorite, but I'm a little hesitant to spend 4 figures on microbrands (especially with that date window :puke: ).

Winfield watches is based out of MD.

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:52 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Bob1035 wrote:

And, Mark makes and backs excellent watches. This one has become a go-to fan fav. What’s not to love, great size and style, solid auto movement, mission bezel, domed blue AR crystal, excellent lume. Great microbrand from MD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dr. Seuss

Bob1035
Name: Rob not Bob

Post by Bob1035 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:37 am

Damn, I had no idea about winfield!!!!

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:37 am

Bob1035 wrote:Damn, I had no idea about winfield!!!!
I have the quartz/no-date model. It’s the perfect work watch for me.Image
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:53 am

Bob1035 wrote:

Towson Watch company original owners were some good dudes who did some cool mods to their watches. I just never liked their dial designs. The current owner (not a watchmaker like the other two) is trying to get the brand out on the wed more.

Hager believe it or not is working on some pretty cool watch movements in the back ground. Just their watches designs are too much of homage to me.

Winfield is the winner for me right now.

Wario406

Post by Wario406 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:56 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Bob1035 wrote:Damn, I had no idea about winfield!!!!
I have the quartz/no-date model. It’s the perfect work watch for me.Image
I want one of those.

Dr. Seuss

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!

Post by AtomicTom » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:04 am

Bob1035 wrote:

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:43 am
[quote=Bob1035 post_id=<a href="tel:1438156">1438156</a> time=<a href="tel:1668083829">1668083829</a> user_id=20983]

[/quote]
Wario406 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:52 pm
toxicavenger wrote:[quote=Bob1035 post_id=<a href="tel:1438156">1438156</a> time=<a href="tel:1668083829">1668083829</a> user_id=20983]

And, Mark makes and backs excellent watches. This one has become a go-to fan fav. What’s not to love, great size and style, solid auto movement, mission bezel, domed blue AR crystal, excellent lume. Great microbrand from MD.

[/quote]

That is wild guys, holy cow Maryland is a hot bed of watchmaking it sounds like Rob ! :thumbsup: :salute:
I wonder if they actually do have tours. ..That would be almost as cool as their watches.
Have to thank you guys for all of this terrific insight !!! ;)

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:15 am

Wario406 wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Bob1035 wrote:

Oh yeah. I like this a lot. The lugs remind me of old Kobold stuff and Vortex I had
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:17 am

This Townson have a lot of potential. They really screwed up with that date. I’d have thought the young hip new owner would have done better than this.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)