Global slow down...

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: Global slow down...

Post by BBK357 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:22 pm

Blaine wrote:Hello All. Wanted to insert a LIFT. All is well and count your blessings and be grateful always Image

https://scanmail.trustwave.com/?c=4062& ... 5yGjJ3OZ5c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
???!!

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:35 pm

zepp21 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:49 pm
dukerules wrote:Look, I'm really not going to get on an internet forum and argue with people. But let's just say that I have a medical background, and know some stuff about this kind of stuff.
I’d trust you more if you graduated from UNC instead...:neener:

Classes are optional at UNC.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:13 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:35 pm
zepp21 wrote:
dukerules wrote:Look, I'm really not going to get on an internet forum and argue with people. But let's just say that I have a medical background, and know some stuff about this kind of stuff.

Queen's shut down, all classes online. My daughter is on her way home now. Western, McGill, UBC, SFU....all closed.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:15 pm

Blaine wrote:Hello All. Wanted to insert a LIFT. All is well and count your blessings and be grateful always Image

Did you get hacked? That link you sent looked to be a virus

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:15 pm

Our PM finally stopped all International flights to Canada today, for non-residents. Borders to USA are still open but 14 day quarantine upon return.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:17 pm

JDC222 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:13 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

Queen's shut down, all classes online. My daughter is on her way home now. Western, McGill, UBC, SFU....all closed.
No - I meant a UNC degree has little value since they got caught making up bullshit classes with zero work and never got in trouble for it. It was a huge scandal at the time.

Cornel has been closed since Friday and they’re pushing all students out ASAP. They’re starting 100% virtual classes in three weeks. I’m so glad I’m not teaching this semester. I’m site it’s a nightmare.

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:19 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:17 pm
JDC222 wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:13 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

No - I meant a UNC degree has little value since they got caught making up bullshit classes with zero work and never got in trouble for it. It was a huge scandal at the time.

Cornel has been closed since Friday and they’re pushing all students out ASAP. They’re starting 100% virtual classes in three weeks. I’m so glad I’m not teaching this semester. I’m site it’s a nightmare.
Ah okay, sorry...I should have read the prior posts. I am dead tired from working/moving....urgh.
Winston Churchill.

Blaine
Name: Blaine

Post by Blaine » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:27 pm

BBK357 wrote:

Did you get hacked? That link you sent looked to be a virus

Hey Ben. No it was The “Scary Times” Manual by Dan Sullivan Founder of Strategic Coach on managing and turning negatives into positives. Really good. I sent it and it must have filtered through my Trustware. I will try a different way.

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:22 am

Australia is about to close it's borders, no surprises there. We're all in this together, unprecedented in my/our lifetime. Lets all be kind each other regardless of where we are on this planet. Remember none of us get out of here alive. In the meantime, wash your hands, look after your families and make sure you have ample stock of your favourite relaxant.
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:20 am

caesarmascetti wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 pm
andrema wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:52 pm
Market down 30% whoa.
depending on your age and financial situation, great time to buy stocks. IMO when this subsides they will come back just as hard as they declined.
Just like 2008? ;)

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:29 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

f-u chestnuts, my ba in literature with psych and anthro minors from unc is 100% legit, and completely qualifies me to make very important business decisions :lol:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:38 am

jtbenson wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:29 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

f-u chestnuts, my ba in literature with psych and anthro minors from unc is 100% legit, and completely qualifies me to make very important business decisions :lol:
So long as all students can take fake classes, UNC is in the clear.

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:05 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:38 am
jtbenson wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:29 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

So long as all students can take fake classes, UNC is in the clear.
I just admitted to having multiple degrees in "fake" classes from there, so "business" will carry on as usual I presume :lol:

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:18 am

My cousin is at Ontario Veterinary College. They are keeping classes open for the students there who are in their final semester of surgery prior to graduation.

Makes sense to me as it would be very difficult to put a pause on this degree at this time or do anything remotely.

Of course, they are monitoring the situation regarding infections. So far, so good.

Zidane
Stevie's Nick
Name: Nick

Post by Zidane » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:27 am

M&A world grinding to a halt...

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:34 am

andrema wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:20 am
caesarmascetti wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 pm
andrema wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:52 pm
Market down 30% whoa.
depending on your age and financial situation, great time to buy stocks. IMO when this subsides they will come back just as hard as they declined.
Just like 2008? ;)
oh yes, some good buys in 2008-2009, the market came back nicely, if your in for the long hall and don't try to make quick money the maarket will be good to you. A balanced portfolio is key.

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:36 am

93 Turbo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:22 am
Australia is about to close it's borders, no surprises there. We're all in this together, unprecedented in my/our lifetime. Lets all be kind each other regardless of where we are on this planet. Remember none of us get out of here alive. In the meantime, wash your hands, look after your families and make sure you have ample stock of your favourite relaxant.

Holy Shit they closed all the liquor stores in Pennsylvania !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:46 am

i'm still working on proposals and pursuits, it doesn't seem like any of our clients (architecture) have put things on hold yet. which really surprises me. who's going to be in an office later this week or next week to receive printed proposals?

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 am

What up with the Bay Area lack of toilet paper had to send some to my sister in the mail she said please send me some it can’t be found lucky,cvs, trader joe, target none had it were she lives. Lucky for me had two cases of Costco toilet paper so sent her some. Now this toilet paper hoarding getting out of control. They should do a reality tv show on toilet paper hoarders were they go into the hoarders house with wall to wall toilet paper with only a small pathway to get around inside the house and through the front door.
Last edited by River Rat on Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:51 am

River Rat wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 am
What up with the Bay Area lack of toilet paper had to send some to my sister in the mail she said please send me some it can’t be found lucky,cvs, trader joe, target none had it were she lives. Lucky for me had two cases of Costco toilet paper so sent her some. Now this toilet paper hoarding getting out of control. They should do a reality tv show on toilet paper hoarders were they go into the hoarders house with wall to wall toilet paper with only a small pathway
Not just the Bay area same thing in my area. I don't get the whole toilet paper thing

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:01 am

caesarmascetti wrote:
River Rat wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:48 am
What up with the Bay Area lack of toilet paper had to send some to my sister in the mail she said please send me some it can’t be found lucky,cvs, trader joe, target none had it were she lives. Lucky for me had two cases of Costco toilet paper so sent her some. Now this toilet paper hoarding getting out of control. They should do a reality tv show on toilet paper hoarders were they go into the hoarders house with wall to wall toilet paper with only a small pathway
Not just the Bay area same thing in my area. I don't get the whole toilet paper thing
Yea, it’s respiratory virus right?

On a positive note: if you have a gun but no TP....find a neighbor with TP and offer to protect them if they wipe your ass.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:06 am

actually, FWIW, there have been some studies (according to news reports i saw last night) that there *is* a gastrointestinal side of covid19. there are early presentations of diarrhea in covid19 positive patients that shows up before other symptoms. unfortunately, since diarrhea is pretty common, it's not a great indicator by itself.

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:07 am

gwells wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:46 am
i'm still working on proposals and pursuits, it doesn't seem like any of our clients (architecture) have put things on hold yet. which really surprises me. who's going to be in an office later this week or next week to receive printed proposals?
Same here. But you know, you and I often face a six month lag. If we keep this short, will be but a blip.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:20 am

Zidane wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:27 am
M&A world grinding to a halt...
Mergers & acquisitions?
The Hapa

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:28 am

caesarmascetti wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:36 am
93 Turbo wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:22 am

Holy Shit they closed all the liquor stores in Pennsylvania !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:
Man that's hard core, hope you can pop across the State line? I stocked up on beer a few weeks ago JIC. It's the only thing there hasn't been a run on.

There is now a run on foods stuffs here in Australia, there is still civil order ATM. I'm certain this will change in the coming weeks depending upon how this plays out.

Airlines, hospitality & tourist businesses are stuffed for now. Were mid way through our home renovations and will continue with the build as theres no need or reason not to. Our finances are fine and feel it's important to keep $ flowing where ever possible.
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.